LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
553577_10150946297421969_61662826968_9696892_1769590825_n.jpg

New developments: Can you identify this truck? LPD needs answers in the case of missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick. http://www1.katc.com/​full-coverage/​searching-for-mickey-shunic​k/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/katctv3

Is that st Landry st across from city hall? Video from city hall?

I think so, looks like the corner of St Landry and University.

There is a car gassing up, the next photo shows a white truck, going the opposite direction.

HERE IS MY QUESTION: this is a city government surveillance camera? If so WHY did it take a week to find this!

As for the picture of Mickey riding her bike, I believe I heard they are not sure whether it's her or not (unless there has been a change in opinion).

Latest UpdateTruck of interest wanted in Mickey Shunick case

07:04 PM by Tonya LaCoste

There are new developments in the case of missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick. "Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street," according to Lafayette Police Dept. Cpl. Paul Mouton. Mickey then traveled on St. John Street, crossed University Ave. then continued on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video around 1:48 a.m. "Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," said Mouton. Anyone with information about the case of the pickup truck is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.

No clue. I'm not a local that's why I asked the question.

:) I was try to answer but wanted to show I wasn't positive. It is the St Landry st area though and Queenofcorona says it's from LUS... Same general area. Thank god I can rule out BW in my mind AND heart now.

As for the picture of Mickey riding her bike, I believe I heard they are not sure whether it's her or not (unless there has been a change in opinion).

This is new, not the same location! This is Mickey!

So I will now apologize to Brettly, because I was thinking that she may have never left his home. I am so jaded these days. And I have a beautiful daughter, age 20, and she has several male friends who swear they are just friends, but if they get drunk, they express their true 'motives'-lol

This is new, not the same location! This is Mickey!

I hope it is - but they do say "believed to be Mickey Shunick". I really hope I'm wrong, but I am so tired of all the women and children being murdered, and it ends up being someone who should have been focused on caring for them, not killing them.

B could feel remorse because he didn't take very good care of his friend, but seems like a lot of coincidences happened at the same time M disappeared.

Hope someone recognizes the truck or if whoever owns it and is not involved will call LE immediately! But..I have a bad feeling. I think most of us guessed it would've been some sort of truck. Van or pickup. :sigh:

Yes, we were beginning to slide down the slippery slope a page ago or so, and we had been asked not to sleuth Brettly or anyone who has not been named by LE as a person of interest or a suspect. So no more on BW, unless some huge reversal happens.

Following her on both streets.... :/ That's not good. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. I'm just glad they can prove she left BW's house. I'm very, very, very super shocked that she had made it that far, though, because I would have considered that to be getting safer on her route. I still think the parking garage of the old Lourdes needs to be checked, especially since they can now confirm she was on St. Landry.

Following her on both streets.... :/ That's not good. Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it. I'm just glad they can prove she left BW's house. I'm very, very, very super shocked that she had made it that far, though, because I would have considered that to be getting safer on her route. I still think the parking garage of the old Lourdes needs to be checked, especially since they can now confirm she was on St. Landry.

That truck would have had to be driving very slowly to be following her on both roads. Not good, you are right.

The parking garage has been searched, might be worth going over it again.

I don't get why they say the truck was following her (unless they didn't provide the correct photo or additional photos). At the same obvious location, Mickey/bike and truck are in separate photos, and are pointed in opposite directions. What did I miss (I refreshed)?

So in the surveillance pics the truck is going the opposite way that Mickey was.

Possible Mickey going left to right:

bilde

Truck going the opposite way (do they think her bike may be in the bed?):

Yes, this is front of the Circle K on the corner of University and St. Landry. To the left of the picture is LUS (Lafayette Utilities System) I suspect she went through the Saint Streets to get to the part of Congress with a sidewalk.

ETA: meaning the camera is at LUS.

Yep, that's exactly where she was!!! I was hoping she didn't go down St. Landry to Coliseum at that time of night. St. Landry runs by the now abandoned Lourdes hospital and there are lots of medical buildings/Dr. offices down through there as well that would be closed at that time. There are some houses before, and past Lourdes but, once she got a few blocks past the vacant hospital, it gets somewhat remote ... fields. Going up Coliseum is the same ... field on her right and maybe 2-3 small commercial facilities which probably had no employees on duty that time of night.

Yes, we were beginning to slide down the slippery slope a page ago or so, and we had been asked not to sleuth Brettly or anyone who has not been named by LE as a person of interest or a suspect. So no more on BW, unless some huge reversal happens.

Thanks!

Yes, big trucks like that are usually driven by very impatient drivers. They do not want to sit behind bicyclists. My 22 yr old has an extended cab F-250,and he would go around a girl on a bike at the first opportunity. No way would he be behind her on two different streets, UNLESS it was a friend and he was following in a protective mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts