Protesters could be hindering conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know what the protestors think they are going to get out of doing this. The Anthony's aren't going to say...oh since you have all gathered here and spewing all types of insults to my family, well, we are going to tell you what happened. It is a waste of time and energy and I wish the protestors would stop. I think it is riduculous. I think everyone of them is making of fool of themselves. Get some dignity! For crying out loud.

I have to take the unpopular stance and agree with a few other posters that the protesters DO have a right to be there and DO serve a purpose. I agree that it helps keep the A's aware that we are angry at their apparent apathy about Caylee. Another poster wrote that without the protesters being in the A's faces, it would be easy for them to slip back into their usual silience, "sweept it under the rug," and forget it.

As for the protestors getting vocal, I can understand that, too. I know how angry I get each time I hear venom spewing from CA or see KCs swaying hips or smirk! I think, even if I went for a silent protest, I, too, might get caught up in the moment and say a few things, especially if any of the As came out to confront.

And, lastly, I have to take issue with something one poster said about the protestors doing nothing. Some of them go to protest AFTER searching during the day for Caylee; so please don't assume that showing up with signs is the only thing they all do.

I just about wet my pants when I saw the video of George coming out of the garage with his chest puffed out shouting, "You want a piece of me? you want a piece of me? Come on!" to which a protestor shouted back, "You ain't so bad!"

Seriously, I thought I was watching a really bad imitation of a Rocky movie.

I don't think the A's besides Casey know anything. I think the protesters give the A's a reason to rally for their daughter/sister. I don't get why there are protesters. People didn't stand outside OJ's house prior to or even after the trial. I just don't get why these people don't put their energy to something better... like looking or praying.

I've been thinking about this a lot since Casey was arrested last and I"ve come to a conclusion (for myself).

I honestly think the protesters being there is a good thing for a few reasons.

1. They keep the family on egg shells, keeping the tension high in the house.

2. They can't sweep this under the rug (as another poster said) because it is constantly in their face.

3. I don't think Casey has it so great at home, even if she likes the attention. All of things she likes are gone from her. No drinking, no drugs (IMO), no pool camera's would catch all of that.

Basically she has the computer, with NO friends to chat with because none of them seem to believe her. She has her trips to see JB, that's about it. Other than that, not having GA and CA working she is stuck in her own kind of he!!. I can't imagine things are all sunny and fine in that house, no matter what the gp's portray to the media. You have to agree the tension has to be at an all time high.

I think GA and CA will crack really soon.

JMHO

Jeni

I have to take the unpopular stance and agree with a few other posters that the protesters DO have a right to be there and DO serve a purpose. I agree that it helps keep the A's aware that we are angry at their apparent apathy about Caylee. Another poster wrote that without the protesters being in the A's faces, it would be easy for them to slip back into their usual silience, "sweept it under the rug," and forget it.

As for the protestors getting vocal, I can understand that, too. I know how angry I get each time I hear venom spewing from CA or see KCs swaying hips or smirk! I think, even if I went for a silent protest, I, too, might get caught up in the moment and say a few things, especially if any of the As came out to confront.

And, lastly, I have to take issue with something one poster said about the protestors doing nothing. Some of them go to protest AFTER searching during the day for Caylee; so please don't assume that showing up with signs is the only thing they all do.

Protesters may organize a protest as a way of publicly and forcefully making their opinions heard in an attempt to influence public opinion or government policy, or may undertake direct action to attempt to directly enact desired changes themselves. (Definition) So, with the above said, I do not see where this really helps. Sure, I want to see this case in the media but there is another way to do this. Go the LE. This type of action is spurring the Anthonys to have a confrontation with them. I understand after searching all day emotion are rare but there is a better way to release these emotion than parking in front of the Anthony's house and causing a public disturbance. Casey's ego is feeding off of this - she is lapping it up like a dog. She has already said "I guess I'm a celebrity." If you want to be heard, go somewhere where you will really be heard - like the LE or FBI office.

Protestors are standing up for her???? I know I wouldnt feel a ton of "support" if everytime I looked out my window I saw a sign that said "Baby Killer" "Murderer" or "Send her back to Jail"

I've been thinking about this a lot since Casey was arrested last and I"ve come to a conclusion (for myself).

I'm torn. I've seen similar dynamics in my own family - if everyone "plays nice" and is polite, and it looks all right, then it IS all right. Keeping things stirred up does prevent them from establishing their previous norms - i.e. shutting out everything but their own version of reality. They're getting a daily reminder that other's don't see things the way they do.

On the other hand, George lets off some steam every time he confronts the protesters. By making themselves an easy target for his frustration, it may delay him confronting Casey.

Did I straddle that fence squarely or what <g>.

I just about wet my pants when I saw the video of George coming out of the garage with his chest puffed out shouting, "You want a piece of me? you want a piece of me? Come on!" to which a protestor shouted back, "You ain't so bad!"

Seriously, I thought I was watching a really bad imitation of a Rocky movie.

Do you remember the Seinfeld episode when George's father asked Elaine the same thing? lol

I believe that the protesting itself will not make anyone in this family break. They do serve a purpose though and that is that noone in the family (including Casey) can go anywhere without being seen. Even with the monitor on, it would take a little while for le to try to chase her down if she disconnects it and she could go anywhere by then.

Protesting is a wonderful tool! However, the media has blown this protest out of proportion.

I think that if those protesters really wanted to make an impact, they would be out searching instead of shouting at people who just don't care. In all honesty, the protesters have bothered me from the beginning. Nothing seems to come of it. I think KC actually likes the attention. Watching her yesterday being "protected" as she ventured out made me sick. Why all the special treatment? It only feeds her ego - her self importance. I believe if people would calm down and just ignore her and FOCUS ON CAYLEE - that would get to her more. "All anyone is worried about is Caylee!" Imagine an evening in the house when no one has protesters to talk about. What's left to discuss? Maybe they will finally discuss Caylee. And maybe, just maybe once KC is relaxed she will slip up in some way. Right now she is in defense mode. The media should focus on Caylee only. The search, the timeline, the evidence. No more stalking KC so we can see her run from vehicle to building thinking she is some celebrity. Ugh! We need to see more footage of the search, the evidence, and Caylee.

Protestors are standing up for her???? I know I wouldnt feel a ton of "support" if everytime I looked out my window I saw a sign that said "Baby Killer" "Murderer" or "Send her back to Jail"

I didn't say the protesters were standing up for her...I said her parents/family are standing up for her.

I think the protesters serve the purpose of letting this disgusting family know exactly how outraged the public is over all their lies, excuses and criticism of LE who are doing their best to locate Caylee. I am all in favor of their protesting as long as they stay within the law.

I second that. Just there presence shows that there are people that care about Caylee. I think protesting is important, and they have a right as long as they keep it under control.

I think that if those protesters really wanted to make an impact, they would be out searching instead of shouting at people who just don't care. In all honesty, the protesters have bothered me from the beginning. Nothing seems to come of it. I think KC actually likes the attention. Watching her yesterday being "protected" as she ventured out made me sick. Why all the special treatment? It only feeds her ego - her self importance. I believe if people would calm down and just ignore her and FOCUS ON CAYLEE - that would get to her more. "All anyone is worried about is Caylee!" Imagine an evening in the house when no one has protesters to talk about. What's left to discuss? Maybe they will finally discuss Caylee. And maybe, just maybe once KC is relaxed she will slip up in some way. Right now she is in defense mode. The media should focus on Caylee only. The search, the timeline, the evidence. No more stalking KC so we can see her run from vehicle to building thinking she is some celebrity. Ugh! We need to see more footage of the search, the evidence, and Caylee.

:clap:WELL SAID!!:clap:

I do agree that news crews should be following the searchers. This would most likely prompt more people to go out and look. The sooner we find the body, the sooner KC is behind bars.

No way these protests will have any impact on whether or not Casey tells the truth about Caylee. How would that benefit her? That is the ultimate question in her mind and she will never talk unless it has significant benefit to HER. I'm not sure if she enjoys this attention but I doubt if it bothers her much, if at all. Of course, all the above is MOO.

1. They keep the family on egg shells, keeping the tension high in the house.

2. They can't sweep this under the rug (as another poster said) because it is constantly in their face.

3. I don't think Casey has it so great at home, even if she likes the attention. All of things she likes are gone from her. No drinking, no drugs (IMO), no pool camera's would catch all of that.

Basically she has the computer, with NO friends to chat with because none of them seem to believe her. She has her trips to see JB, that's about it. Other than that, not having GA and CA working she is stuck in her own kind of he!!. I can't imagine things are all sunny and fine in that house, no matter what the gp's portray to the media. You have to agree the tension has to be at an all time high.

I think GA and CA will crack really soon.

JMHO

Jeni

I think the on-going discussion regarding the protestors is getting us no-where. Fact is they are allowed to protest. Fact is the Anthony's cannot do anything about it unless they get out of hand. I personally think GA should be arrested for assult. We are now arguing wether he "pushed" or "shoved" this woman. Doesn't matter he "touched" her in an aggressive way and that is assult. He had NO RIGHT to lay a hand on the woman. PERIOD. Doesn't matter if half of the people here thinks she should be protesting or not. The LAW states she can.

Nothing is going to make those protestors go away IMO, until they themselves get tired of being there. I do think news crews should focusing more on the search for Caylee then the negativity surrounding the protesting.

No, I said her parents/family are standing up for her. Imagine the talk inside the Anthony home...it's probably all about the protesters...I feel the protesters are distracting the As from what they really should be doing...grilling CA and finding out what happened to their granddaughter! The protesting is probably only strengthening the family. If they weren't out there distracting them, the family would probably focus their anger towards CA and she might actually decide to lead them to her daughter!

I do agree with you that talk around the ole dinner table is that of the protesters outside. Initially, I thought it might grate on their (THE A's) enough that it would make them crack... but seeing how they are already cracked, the protesters are only a distraction for them and now they are huddling around KC all the more. It's sick. JMO The protestors and the media need to leave. The narcissim/ego that resides in KC, CA and GA will get the best of them and that house will implode but that will not happen as long as the A's attention is diverted to the front yard. Can you imagine the A's shock if they opened the garage door one morning and everyone had packed up and left and they were no longer the center of attention. They would freak. Myself I am ready for the freak show to stop. I am ready for some media outlet to make a statement along the lines of ..A We are leaving and will not be back until some real news occurs concerning Caylee Anthony.

The protesters are a daily reminder of the one thing Casey could never in a million years have anticipated when she made up her twisted stories - intense national scrutiny.

I wish the protesters were a little more Children of the Corn (unblinking stares) than Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (pointing and screaming), but their very presence has got to be a little unsettling.

They're a daily reminder that the search for culpability in Caylee's death is just. not. going. away.

No matter how much Miss Casey enjoys sitting in Baez' office playing on the computer, the watchers are there when she leaves the house, and there when she returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj