2010.11.18 AB/EB Court Dates - Other Charges [MERGED]

I think they will have a hard time finding a jury from most of the east coast. I have family and friends in several states in the east and they all know about Zahra Baker.

NC and SC are out of the equation if they want people who haven't heard everything about this murder. jmo

Truly disturbing case. Elisa Baker reminds me of Gertrude Baniszewski. I wonder if anyone has ever profiled Elisa Baker. What is Baker's psychology like? I have read she is described as a psychopath and estranged from her own family.

She makes Casey sound like a saint! The only decent thing Elisa did was leading the police to the remains, but that was only because they charged with 2nd degree murder instead of first!

I am so sick of the Adam sees nothing knows nothing hears nothing crap, it's so old! Seriously, who does he think is going to beleive that lame preposturous excuse he gives for any and everything!

I agree. I believe he either stayed drunk or high and was so glad to have a woman in his life he accepted everything. Poor little Zahra. No one there for her. I'm sorry but I will never believe he is innocent............

She makes Casey sound like a saint! The only decent thing Elisa did was leading the police to the remains, but that was only because they charged with 2nd degree murder instead of first!

This is sad and frustrating too because EB will get credit for time served and she'll get credit for good behavior in prison. She'll be out in a few years. When she comes up for parole there won't be any of Zahra's family here to fight it. Although, I do know of petitiions that go around for others which have stopped paroles so I could be wrong about that.

------from the media thread-----thanks "hickory born" :

http://www.wcnc.com/home/Bakers-attorney-wants-to-move-trial-125422688.html

Snipped:

The judge also ordered Gaither to make any plea offer that he might want to make to Baker's attorney by September 12.

Asked if he was considering a plea offer Gaither said, "Under our case management plan we are supposed to do that so we will comply. That could be anything from pleading guilty as charged to something less, but I'm not going to discuss anything about plea deals."

As he was leaving the courtroom, Riley was asked if he expected an offer of a plea deal.

"I'll listen to anything Mr. Gaither has to say," Riley said.

-------------and this is my fear------she pleads------adam totally walks.

Was it ever stated when the trial is expected to take place?

Well, allycat, good questionm but even if there had been a date set, that's all out the window, seems to me. I would think more time will come between now and a verdict.... First, the Court has to find a new venue somewhere in NC; then they have to schedule a court room, jury room, etc., for several weeks in whatever county -- this may take a while since probably all county courts are "scheduled-up" for months.... Certainly here in Wake County (Raleigh), that is the case. (Big population, big court house, but lotsa trials, too!) Small county, small number of courtrooms. So who knoze where & when it'll go??
icon5.gif
...... :waiting:......
icon9.gif

Personally, I don't think they're going to have a lot of luck in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, or Asheville.

They might want to go out of state.

I wouldn't think they would go out of NC, since it's not a Federal case -- the State of North Carolina has charged her (them), that's where the crime(s) was(were) committed, and, it seems to me, it must be adjudicated under NC Statutary laws. Maybe New Hanover, or a more rural county in the southern or eastern part of NC. ??? Harnett, Scotland, Hoke, Bladen, Pitt, Onslow, Dare, or Carteret?? They will find a place, I'm sure.

And :seeya: to you, Oriah! Keep 'em honest!

Truly disturbing case. Elisa Baker reminds me of Gertrude Baniszewski. I wonder if anyone has ever profiled Elisa Baker. What is Baker's psychology like? I have read she is described as a psychopath and estranged from her own family.

I agree, HMS -- She may be a borderline personality, or worse, but I also think that she enjoys being "weird," as evidenced by her pseudo-goth appearance, her so-called satanic emphasis, etc.

Mostly, I think she is very childish, and always must be the center of attention -- thus her horrible jealousy of, and horrible cruelty to, that sweet, once-happy, special child.

Maybe she didn't get a lot of attention when she was a child. Who knoze?? Kinda odd, IMO, what she seems to think as cool, huh? Another part of her unbalanced self. Obviously, to me at least, there is a very unhappy, tortured person way down in there. But she needs NO pity -- none -- whatsoever.

(Please know that all of the previous was just my own opinion...)

I agree. I believe he either stayed drunk or high and was so glad to have a woman in his life he accepted everything. Poor little Zahra. No one there for her. I'm sorry but I will never believe he is innocent............

Well said, JeannieC!

------from the media thread-----thanks "hickory born" :

http://www.wcnc.com/home/Bakers-attorney-wants-to-move-trial-125422688.html

Snipped:

The judge also ordered Gaither to make any plea offer that he might want to make to Baker's attorney by September 12.

Asked if he was considering a plea offer Gaither said, "Under our case management plan we are supposed to do that so we will comply. That could be anything from pleading guilty as charged to something less, but I'm not going to discuss anything about plea deals."

As he was leaving the courtroom, Riley was asked if he expected an offer of a plea deal.

"I'll listen to anything Mr. Gaither has to say," Riley said.

-------------and this is my fear------she pleads------adam totally walks.

I hope she is vindictive enough to not let this happen. I think she will try to get even with Adam and what he has said against and about her.

I hope she is vindictive enough to not let this happen. I think she will try to get even with Adam and what he has said against and about her.

That really makes me mad! The death penalty was taken off the table in exchange for telling where Zahra's body was located and they didn't even find all of it.

That should be the end of her bargaining power. She deserves life without parole! jmo :banghead:

NC Prisons are so full that they don't even try most cases.....unbelievable but true! Mecklenburg County tries less than 1/4. The rest are plead out.

I can understand some plea agreements but I think one plea per case and even that in some cases is one plea too much!

I wonder if it would do any good at all to petition the governor.

I agree, HMS -- She may be a borderline personality, or worse, but I also think that she enjoys being "weird," as evidenced by her pseudo-goth appearance, her so-called satanic emphasis, etc.

Mostly, I think she is very childish, and always must be the center of attention -- thus her horrible jealousy of, and horrible cruelty to, that sweet, once-happy, special child.

Maybe she didn't get a lot of attention when she was a child. Who knoze?? Kinda odd, IMO, what she seems to think as cool, huh? Another part of her unbalanced self. Obviously, to me at least, there is a very unhappy, tortured person way down in there. But she needs NO pity -- none -- whatsoever.

(Please know that all of the previous was just my own opinion...)

Interesting you mentioned borderline personality disorder for Elisa Baker. I got the impression that Gertrude Baniszewski was paranoid and obsessive compulsive. Borderline never came up for Baniszewski. My impression of Lori Drew is borderline, histrionic, and narcissistic. They are emotionally volcanic and narcissistic. Baniszewski was a weird person with an extreme obsession with being clean and religion. Drew was a social climber and obsessed with social status. I have wondered if anyone else ever profiled Gertrude Baniszewski, Elisa Baker, or Lori Drew.

Elisa is suppose to be in court today rgarding the change of venue. I assume the judge will decide where to hold the trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back