Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#7

I'm trying to bring this quote over here, but I don't think I can? Anyway, I'm responding to a few posts from last thread, so I'll just posts the links.

I didn't say I believed Rudy or his story. That's why I want him to demonstrate climbing the wall!
I think the point was that, legally, of course that's not possible.
I still think they should have gotten him to do it himself, instead of hiring the climber guy or some lawyer trying it.
IMO, the "video" is totally useless, b/c they would have to find someone with Rudy's exact height, muscular structure, build, strength, etc., etc..
As we see from the video, the climber guy looks to be much less physical/muscular than Rudy and so, while I still don't think it's possible for Rudy to climb it especially if he was on drugs, I can't tell either way with this video because it's useless. The guy is completely different build and height than Rudy. And he is a climber, but when he is trying to get up on the sill, you can tell his arms are not that muscular.
So my point was....it makes a lot more sense to just have Rudy demonstrate it himself, to show if it's possible or not! LOL...makes complete sense to me!
I still don't think Rudy did it based on other things as well, such as glass undisturbed on Windowsill, there would have been evidence of him climbing through the window, IMO.
But still, I don't know about the wall, it does not seem likely to me, but I don't know and I don't know what his physical strength was like, etc..

I don't think that experiment would be valid as RG would have reason to make it appear he couldn't do it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#7

Katody, in the pics you posted, one can see that he is literally holding on to the windowsill by his fingers. Technically, that means he has to pull up his ENTIRE BODYWEIGHT just by his fingers. Not possible, at least with this guy.

I don't know what it would be like with a taller guy with more strength.

That's why this whole video is completely useless. It does not show us anything either way.

As for the bbm part:
The Perugian doctor who does the climb has a foothold on the lower window all the time:
attachment.php

Also, obviously his hands are on top of the windowsill when he hoists himself up:
attachment.php

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by saying that what the video shows is impossible when it's clearly demonstrated to be possible, even easy.

Let's assume it is impossible, for the sake of discussion: does it mean you also think the guy demonstrating the climb is suspended by invisible wires or supported by some hidden platform, like Otto suggested?

ITA they needed to cover the evidence that knew would be found. If she hadn't blow dried her hair for example, how would she discover the toilet?

Why would she need to discover it?

I agree except she never describes it as a "footprint" so Imo they didn't think it would be identified.

She also claims to use this bloody bathmat to scoot to her room. Which is completely unbelievable!

It's completely unbelievable she would make such claim if guilty.

As innocent it's totally plausible. When you have no towel you either slide on a bathmat looking for one or leave pools of water all over the floor.

Why would she need to discover it?

Why would she not flush it?

Not only do I not believe she dried her hair that day. I don't believe it works for the discovery. The blow dryer was in the laundry area along with brushes and a mirror. The toilet was farthest from this area in the bathroom next to the tub. So IMO she technically had no reason to be in that bathroom.

As innocent it's totally plausible. When you have no towel you either slide on a bathmat looking for one or leave pools of water all over the floor.

As innocent it's unbelievable! She could've cleaned up the drips of water she would've left running to her room. Instead she "scooted on a bloody bathmat" that she claims she thought was menstrual blood. That's supposed to be believable?

As for the bbm part:
The Perugian doctor who does the climb has a foothold on the lower window all the time:
attachment.php

Also, obviously his hands are on top of the windowsill when he hoists himself up:
attachment.php

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean by saying that what the video shows is impossible when it's clearly demonstrated to be possible, even easy.

Let's assume it is impossible, for the sake of discussion: does it mean you also think the guy demonstrating the climb is suspended by invisible wires or supported by some hidden platform, like Otto suggested?

What happens in that video right past the 1:46 mark you posted?

Does he lower himself back down before the camera moves to the lawyers?

How many times can it be claimed the video shows him make it up without the bars?

That is simply not true.

Why would she not flush it?

Not only do I not believe she dried her hair that day. I don't believe it works for the discovery. The blow dryer was in the laundry area along with brushes and a mirror. The toilet was farthest from this area in the bathroom next to the tub. So IMO she technically had no reason to be in that bathroom.

I see nothing strange in not flushing it. It's in fact plausible psychologically for few reasons.

I think her story is completely believable.

However it doesn't make sense logically to tell a story like this in the guilt scenario.
It doesn't make any sense to leave obvious blood traces and even point them to the police.
It doesn't even make sense to break the window when it was sufficient to leave the door open and go for a trip leaving discovery to others.

As innocent it's unbelievable! She could've cleaned up the drips of water she would've left running to her room. Instead she "scooted on a bloody bathmat" that she claims she thought was menstrual blood. That's supposed to be believable?

That's your opinion. If you see it as suspicious it's even harder to explain why would she tell such a story, casting even more suspicion on herself instead of not mentioning it.

I had suspected this but didn't know it was fact:

From Nadeau; Angel Face: The True Story of Student Killer Amanda Knox p 89:

Although he steadfastly denied murdering Meredith, by the time he got to court he had admitted being in the house, no doubt because the evidence was now irrefutable. . . . Rudy changed his story three times. [from first 'some Italian guy' to assailants who beat him up, to seeing Raffaele and hearing Amanda's voice and seeing her silhouette] . His reward for placing them both at the scene would be a substantial reduction in his sentence.

And it does bring to mind also Jodie Arias as lone wolf, also claiming assailants beat her up.

I see nothing strange in not flushing it. It's in fact plausible psychologically for few reasons.

I think her story is completely believable.

However it doesn't make sense logically to tell a story like this in the guilt scenario.
It doesn't make any sense to leave obvious blood traces and even point them to the police.
It doesn't even make sense to break the window when it was sufficient to leave the door open and go for a trip leaving discovery to others.

Makes perfect sense to me. There had to something that causes them to raise the alarm. She attempted to cover her tracks on the blood in the bathroom. She talked about her ears possibly bleeding, how she scratched the blood in the sink, and how Meredith was possibly having menstrual issues.

Makes perfect sense to me. There had to something that causes them to raise the alarm. She attempted to cover her tracks on the blood in the bathroom. She talked about her ears possibly bleeding, how she scratched the blood in the sink, and how Meredith was possibly having menstrual issues.
I understand these, but in your opinion, why not have Filomena return home and raise the alarm? She would then be the one to discover the scene, and thus be initially at least somewhat suspect. Someone was going to find that crime scene either that day, or the next. (just trying to tie up any loose ends)

And this is in your opinion.

They didn't as far as I know.

The elements of staging brought up in the courtroom were:
1. The supposed glass on top of clothes indicating the window was broken after the clothes were thrown on the floor.

However there is no photo documentation confirming it. If anything, the photos confirm the exact opposite. The testimony about it is contradictory (see Hellmann's report).

2. The supposed lack of glass under the window, indicating breaking the window from the inside.

This element is not confirmed either by any documentation. There's even no testimony that a search was conducted. The actual evidence indicates the opposite - the window was broken from the outside, as evidenced by the glass distribution, marks of impact damage and the reconstruction performed by an expert.

3. Supposed lack of signs of climbing (marks on the wall, bent nail).

It's not clear what signs are expected. The reconstructions we've seen prove climbing leaves no obvious marks on the wall.The lawyer that did a climb presented on video in court used the nail in the wall as support and it didn't bend.
I think it is most unfortunate that PLE did not document all with photos, video, and conduct a paneled investigation and analysis to be written up as a formal investigative report. And this includes the other reported signs of staging as well: The tossed clothes, the 'wrong' drawers opened, etc.

I understand these, but in your opinion, why not have Filomena return home and raise the alarm? She would then be the one to discover the scene, and thus be initially at least somewhat suspect. Someone was going to find that crime scene either that day, or the next. (just trying to tie up any loose ends)

IMO had they wanted to do that, they could have followed through with their plans to Guibbio.

I've already said IMO I think they wanted to be around for the discovery, just not alone. They gave Filomena plenty of time to get home before they finally called 112. Not knowing the postal police were arriving any minute.

Why did they panic enough to try to break Meredith's door one minute and the next it was nothing to worry about? In your opinion?

What happens in that video right past the 1:46 mark you posted?

Does he lower himself back down before the camera moves to the lawyers?

How many times can it be claimed the video shows him make it up without the bars?

That is simply not true.

Here's the video again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JL6nIkaYLs

Here's the guy again:
attachment.php

You're not seriously saying he wouldn't be able to go into the window from that position if not for the bars that block the way?

Do you think the guy who's doing the demonstration is lying when he says it's easy to do without the bars? Why would he lie about it?

Attachments

• climb2.JPG
    climb2.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 118
And this is in your opinion.

I can understand you see it as suspicious but why would she tell such a story, casting even more suspicion on herself instead of not mentioning it?

If you don't know a murder has taken place, in a cottage full of women, where else do you think she reasonably thought the blood came from? I think her thinking was totally believable.

The ministrations the prosecution has gone through to put AK and RS in the murder scene is what isn't believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla