Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is possible, but you know that face recognition thing that the FBI has that tracks terrorists and felons, we heard a lot about it after 9-11... why can they not download these photo's along with the unidentified john and jane doe's and see if there are any hits?

A better match for Lynn Luray? (missing from Long Beach in 1964)

kz6i2c-kz6i1d0013.jpg

NCMC1126040c1.jpg

This one can be enlarged:
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00133.jpg

Has there been any confirmed missing/deceased from the pictures found? I know there was 2 that were confirmed alive/well .

Sorry just haven;t had the time to read through all the posts regarding this ;)

excerpt:
HUNTINGTON BEACH – Convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala has been linked to as many as four unsolved cases of women who disappeared or were murdered in the 1970s since photos apparently taken by Alcala were released last week, Huntington Beach police said Tuesday.

Huntington Beach police are coordinating with law enforcement agencies from Alaska to Phoenix on the most recent leads. Even before the photos were released, the New York Police Department was investigating Alcala in three other cases, and law enforcement agencies in New England were taking a look at five other cases, Det. Sgt. Aaron Smith of the Huntington Beach police said Tuesday.

Police have received more than 50 calls from the public after releasing more than 100 photographs apparently taken by Alcala in the 1970s, Capt. Chuck Thomas of the Huntington Beach Police Department said.

Since their release on Wednesday, the photos have generated 11.6 million page views on ocregister.com, nearly 12 times as many as the second most popular photo gallery the Register has ever published.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/photos-239446-alcala-women.html

Dr. Phil is going to do a show on Rodney Alcala and the photos-going to use my dvr

Yay for Dr. Phil!

Is he going to have an investigator on his show, to answer questions about the timeline, etc.? Just wondering if it's worth while to email Dr. Phil with questions.

00922.jpg

coon_cynthia.jpg

Cynthia Coon is missing from Michigan since 1970.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/coon_cynthia.html

Wow...

Alcala was on the run from Calif. authorities during that time period, living in New York (enrolled at NYU under an assumed name) and also living part of that time in New Hampshire (summer camp counselor in 1970-71). I've not seen anything that places him in Michigan during these years.

There's a strange detail about Cynthia's disappearance: she made two phone calls to family members a few months later (on April 1st and 2nd) and told them she didn't know where she was. There was also an extortion-type phone call to the family on May 5th, and nothing since.
From the limited information available, she doesn't seem like a runaway. She simply vanished on her way to school one morning.

A better match for Lynn Luray? (missing from Long Beach in 1964)

kz6i2c-kz6i1d0013.jpg

NCMC1126040c1.jpg

This one can be enlarged:
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00133.jpg

It almost looks like she has faded writing on her arm when I blow this up. Like it says "Joe with a larger D underneath and possibly some numbers. Hooking laptop to big screen TV now to see if it is my imagination.

When I put it on the big screen and zoom in it looks like numbers. 38652 maybe, written lengthwise down the arm? If they have not already done so the FBI or someone with really great picture editing software should take a look at her arm that is closest to the window, IMO. When I am not zoomed in it still appears to say "Joe D". Maybe if she had written on herself it was scrubbed off for the pictures. If this was from LE writing on the pictures to mark as evidence we would see the writing clearly, correct?

Looking at it magnified differently it appears to be a block style capital A followed by a lower case b and s the a large 2 facing the direction of the wrist.

I can't make any of it out clearly but there is definitely faded writing there IMO.

Could this say "Yvonne" ? Is there an Yvonne missing?

ETA: So far I can not find an Yvonne missing that would be a match.

I don't think the bottom pair matches -- the photo isn't nearly as square through the chin.

Here's the other pair, Angela Rader and the girl from the photos. It looks pretty close. Rader disappeared along with her friend Tammy Akers, so I took a look at her too, and wow. Looks like she's in here too? Or am I seeing things?

Attachments

• rader_angela.jpg
    rader_angela.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 00651-head.jpg
    00651-head.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 32
  • akers_tammy.jpg
    akers_tammy.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 41
  • maybe-akers2.jpg
    maybe-akers2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 39
  • maybe akers.jpg
    maybe akers.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 28
These pic's are from the Alcala stash. I think they are they same girl

Attachments

• FireShot capture #224 - '00203_jpg (JPEG Image, 2278x1554 pixels)' - cnnnancygrace_files_wordpre.png
    FireShot capture #224 - '00203_jpg (JPEG Image, 2278x1554 pixels)' - cnnnancygrace_files_wordpre.png
    326.6 KB · Views: 43
  • FireShot capture #223 - '00063_jpg (JPEG Image, 1554x2278 pixels) - Scaled (26%)' - cnnnancygrac.png
    FireShot capture #223 - '00063_jpg (JPEG Image, 1554x2278 pixels) - Scaled (26%)' - cnnnancygrac.png
    351.1 KB · Views: 44
  • same.jpg
    same.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 41

Attachments

• alcala 1.jpg
    alcala 1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 27
  • alcala2.jpg
    alcala2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 27
  • alcala3.jpg
    alcala3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 35
  • alcala4.jpg
    alcala4.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 48
  • alcala5.jpg
    alcala5.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 45
I added links to the NG blog pic's and JoefromLB's Alcala timeline to my signature.

Let's see if this works. They all look similar to me. Pic's 4 and 5 show what looks like the same necklace too.

I thought the one in the hat was a different girl, but maybe it is the same girl.

excerpt:
HUNTINGTON BEACH – Convicted serial killer Rodney Alcala has been linked to as many as four unsolved cases of women who disappeared or were murdered in the 1970s since photos apparently taken by Alcala were released last week, Huntington Beach police said Tuesday.

Huntington Beach police are coordinating with law enforcement agencies from Alaska to Phoenix on the most recent leads. Even before the photos were released, the New York Police Department was investigating Alcala in three other cases, and law enforcement agencies in New England were taking a look at five other cases, Det. Sgt. Aaron Smith of the Huntington Beach police said Tuesday.

Police have received more than 50 calls from the public after releasing more than 100 photographs apparently taken by Alcala in the 1970s, Capt. Chuck Thomas of the Huntington Beach Police Department said.

Since their release on Wednesday, the photos have generated 11.6 million page views on ocregister.com, nearly 12 times as many as the second most popular photo gallery the Register has ever published.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/photos-239446-alcala-women.html

I wonder if one of them is the girl with the purple bell bottoms.

There are more gruesome details than one might care to read at this link:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/archive/S150806.PDF

It turns out his sister disposed of the storage locker receipt after Alcala phoned her from jail following his arrest on July 24, 1979. The police had already copied down the information on the receipt and had seized the keys for the locker when they searched the house. They returned the next day to get the actual receipt, which was nowhere to be found.

This guy had enablers...his mother, his sister and who knows how many others!

Wow, Donjeta, I hadn't seen that one and I think Darren looks a lot like that boy at a high level!

NY Police said he held a job as a security guard during his time in NY. I don't have a exact date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288