*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome David. No I dont feel sad for Casey. I feel sad for all her victims. I do however (in any case of wrong doing), always wonder what makes someone turn out like this? And although I want justice, I try not to "gloat" about it, because you never know what can happen in your own life.

Brini, if this writer is claiming that sociopaths are "a throwback" to the time when "feelings got in the way of survival" he doesn't know what he's talking about. Human beings have always loved and taken care of each other - that's why we've survived as a species. That's why empathy and compassion are chemical events in the brain - so that we would survive.

Not my theory that it's normal. It IS my theory that it's, at least to some degree, innate.

I think it's like any other miswiring or developmental error. Something is missing, and it shows up early.

No, I do not feel sorry for Casey. I feel sorry for little Caylee and the innocent bystanders hurt in this circus (including us)!

I feel empathy for Casey's enabling family members . . . and Casey -- she is so warped! I don't feel much for her.

I'm on lunch so my answer will be brief...NOPE!!

But will your feelings change if it turns out to be a horrific accident? Then of course she would have to be an 'iceman' to carry on like she did at partys but who can explain the grieving process. People 'party' after funerals to ease the pain.

LucyLu - I have stated it before on here and I will again. If some horrible event happened in her life (such as incest) or a terrible accident, then yes, I will feel sad for her.

I may have gotten it totally wrong but when I went back and looked at the video I got the impression that he was thanking the jurors for ALL the cases they had heard and saying they had heard and seen bad things throughout their time of service, and as this was their last case he was thanking them for the time of their service , and in effect bidding them goodbye...
that's how took it, anyway....fwiw

sometimes I just feel sad for the whole darn world........
this is one of those times.....
"Deliver us from Evil"

you could very well be right.......does make more sense that way....need to go listen to it again...........thanks

But will your feelings change if it turns out to be a horrific accident? Then of course she would have to be an 'iceman' to carry on like she did at partys but who can explain the grieving process. People 'party' after funerals to ease the pain.

She was on a crime spree .... she wasn't grieving.

I am sad that Casey is so young herself and has thrown the rest of her life away by her selfish decisions. WASTE, HUGE WASTE.

If it were a horrific accident, she would have my sympathy and a admonishment for having been negligent in keeping her child out of harm's way. If it were a horrific accident, reason suggests one reports that immediately in order to begin to process through the aftermath. If it were a horrific accident, reason demands you don't carry around the body for days long enough to collect the death smell in the car so much so that it lingers a month after the fact. If it were a horrific accident, reason suggests that one doesn't go to a night club night after night drinking and laughing and having a grand time. If it were a horrific accident, reason keeps one from stealing from your best friend for a shopping spree to ingratiate yourself into your boyfriend's apartment because you have no where else to live.

If it were a horrific accident, Caylee would be respectfully buried, not rotting somewhere.

Ok, I haven't read this whole thread yet, decided to post after reading just a few posts.. Yes, I feel bad for Casey :hand: ... I feel bad because she is so young and her life is now ruined. Yes, I know, she brought this on herself and has only herself to blame. I personally don't care how many guys she slept with, and I don't care if she wants to party and have fun. What I do care about is the fact she was stealing money and that she KILLED HER DAUGHTER, and lied, so she could have her freedom. Instead, it all backfired. I don't understand why people kill in order to gain freedom? They always end up losing it in the end. All that said, yes, I feel bad for Casey. I really don't know what she was thinking when this all went down. Right now I think she is so far deep into her lies that it would be very hard to get her to confess. :behindbar

Missmybaby, if you think she was born with faulty wiring, then why can't you feel compassion and pity for her?

Excuse me, she's not a child, she's an adult! If your theory is correct, that makes it even worse!!!! Casey had choices. And she chose the following:

- A choice to conceal her own childs death
- A choice to discard her child and let her rot in a trunk.
- A choice to hide the body.
- A choice to not give her only child a proper burial.
- A choice to put her family through hell.
- A choice to falsely accuse a law abiding citizen of a crime.
- A choice to lie to Law Enforcement and the FBI
- A choice to take innocent peoples money for a false search when she knows all along where the body is.

NO compassion can be given for such a person that has such blatant ignorance and disregard for everyone except herself.

Grieving is not the same as covering up. Now it's a Jury's turn to 'make a choice'.

There is NO explanation that Casey can offer now, four months later, that will excuse or justify her behavior AFTER THE FACT of whatever happened to Caylee. Grief does wear many faces, but it never masquerades as sheer HAPPINESS...and make no mistake, this girl was HAPPY in her new life without the cumbersome and tiresome chore (her opinion not mine) of caring for and watching after her child. I think of what Clint, Tony's temp. room-mates girlfriend had to tell us-Caylee could have fallen from the balcony and Casey would not have given a hoot. She left Caylee in the care of NOBODY and went off in the bedroom with her boyfriend of the moment. Caylee was 2 years old and fending for herself. The IS no explanation good enough to justify what she has done-NONE...

Sad............ because I don't like EVIL !!!!

People have free choice..........
People make decisions..............
People that harm others must pay for what they do.

If KC was harmed when she was little.... It is SAD that the person
who harmed her was not punished.

But just because she might have been harmed....

does NOT make it ok .... IF/? That she harmed Little CAYLEE......

Little Caylee is NOT the person that harmed KC !

SAD Story................... YES................

A Sick 22 year old is in Jail....

An Innocent 2 1/2 year old is Dead !

A SAD ~~~ SICK ~~~ STORY !!!!

it breaks my heart !

I truly wish it did NOT happen ! But it did !

I can only pray for KC!

I know that Little Angel CAYLEE is in a Better Place !
that makes it a little easier to handle.

God Bless!
jjgram

magic-cat, you make a heck of a lot of sense.

I watched a program yesterday about a woman who talked her boyfriend into killing another man for his money. When she was first interviewed, she was all smiles and brightness. As evidence mounted and interviews continued, her smile faded and she finally gave up the truth.

a couple of articles that have influenced the way i perceive casey, whom (as i have said before) i believe, is a sociopath.

http://askdrrobert.dr-robert.com/sociopath.html

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Discuss:How_can_you_help_a_sociopath
in particular,this comment:

(5) On July 21, 2007 at 07:22 am SabrinaSingularity [184] said:

The problem is, no one on this forum knows for 100% sure that she is a Sociopath. Only a trained professional who spends time with her can say what mental illnesses or personality disorders she has.

More than likely she is Sociopathic but without knowing for sure, it's impossible to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member