NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run by and pick me up, Kimberly. I am in north Louisiana. There would be so much I would like to say!

Shaniya's little face and her hand on MAM's arm while at the hotel elevator is forever engraved in my mind. I think of Shaniya daily. I will never forget this precious little girl.

Run by and pick me up, Kimberly. I am in north Louisiana. There would be so much I would like to say!

Shaniya's little face and her hand on MAM's arm while at the hotel elevator is forever engraved in my mind. I think of Shaniya daily. I will never forget this precious little girl.

lol...I will for sure pick you up.

MAM makes me sick!!! I think he will get what is coming to him.

My question is with AD's charges...now if that "mother" gets off with a slap of the wrist, I'll be at Exxon filling up the old tank and I'll let you know what time to expect me.

SHE CAN NOT GET AWAY WITH HANDING HER BABY TO A MOLESTER/MURDERER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All in the name of her next hit.

Oh, I see we got moved to crimes and trials.

Thinking about Shaniya this morning.

Me too.

Shaniya, you have a new friend in heaven today. Her name is Aja. Please show her all the fun places to play...and don't forget to show her that little peephole that looks down here on earth, so she can see all the people who love and miss her. And also so that you can see that as we drove in from Aja's case, your first bulb had blossomed. :)

Peace, Shaniya and Aja.
We sure feel like it today... but we will not stop trying to protect our innocent children here on earth, ever.

Oriah

Oriah,

Thanks for planting those bulbs. I'd love to see a pic when you are up to it.

O/T: I'm so sorry about how Aja's case turned out. I admire your hard work in that case. I know your heart is broken. Hugs and prayers for you.

Oriah,

Thanks for planting those bulbs. I'd love to see a pic when you are up to it.

O/T: I'm so sorry about how Aja's case turned out. I admire your hard work in that case. I know your heart is broken. Hugs and prayers for you.

Hi Kimberlyd,
One is just opened today (or at least, I saw it this morning. Maybe it opened over the weekend?) The others are all growing and I will post a pic as soon as I get the chance. One of the 1st- and then the others as they circle the sign.

My heart is broken about Aja. But it still breaks for Shaniya, and so many others. I do believe that somewhere, the world shifts when strangers love one another, and it becomes a better place.

Oriah

Songline I understand how you feel. But I truly feel there is a task force working on child sex trafficking in the area and I pray those involved in Shaniya's case will be a part of that bust.

It truly does ttake a village to raise a child. Lets be the village voice for the next Shaniya out there.

Eamil and snail mail all of our NC reps. From govenor to senator to AG to local Fayetteville. Especially military and retired military in and around Bragg. Tell them you have served our counrty for years, been permanently injured and killed protecting out country from the kinds of injustices that occur against innocent children all around the world- and you will NOT tolerate it here in the United States. People, we have a voice. Let not let Shaniya get lost in the shuffle. It takes a little effort- but keep sending the emails- keep sending the snail mail. Keep telling them you are not voting for ANYONE who does not publicly and firmly continue to pursue and prevent child sex trafficking in the United States of America.

Peace, Shaniya baby. We are all still working hard for your justice.

Oriah.
I know there is a task force, I am rolling my eyes, because it is not making this case a force to recon with, which it should be.
Me speaking up and they ask my zip code cant result in my pressure. I do not vote there, but me wanting the press to tell the story in particularly when I speak about hushing it up is not right i not what they want to hear when they try to keep a hush up....It is everyone who needs to speak up especially the people who vote in NC. My zip code does not matter to them; so I am sad and mad that it is such a big hush over in the Carolina's.
I am sorry to say hushing it up is not right. Every single paper in the Carolina's should be running this story often. Making it impossible for these snakes to operate.

I know there is a task force, I am rolling my eyes, because it is not making this case a force to recon with, which it should be.
Me speaking up and they ask my zip code cant result in my pressure. I do not vote there, but me wanting the press to tell the story in particularly when I speak about hushing it up is not right i not what they want to hear when they try to keep a hush up....It is everyone who needs to speak up especially the people who vote in NC. My zip code does not matter to them; so I am sad and mad that it is such a big hush over in the Carolina's.
I am sorry to say hushing it up is not right. Every single paper in the Carolina's should be running this story often. Making it impossible for these snakes to operate.

Do you think the newspapers will print editorials? In the northeast, they seem to print them all - good and bad. There are so many critical issues that need volunteers these days. The bullying, missing, exploited ... sometimes it seems so overwhelming.

Songline, I'm not certain exactly what you're trying to say, except to express your frustration over this sort of crime not being nationalized. I agree and wish it were made known everywhere in a very public and nationwide way- because many of these children and people end up in other areas of the country- whether dead OR alive. I DO vote in NC, and just want to reassure you that the passions run high with Shaniya's case (and human/child trafficking in general) in this area, and Shaniya has not been forgotten AT ALL. Myself- and many people I know who are local to the case- are still grassrooting via legislature. Please use your status as a resident of another state to that advantage as well. Shaniya was taken only 20 or so miles before she was abused and murdered. But many are taken much farther than that. Use her case to your states' advantage- you do NOT want child sex trafficking in NY....and if much of it is coming through southern rings...well, more power to your statement. I hope you understand what I am saying.
It happens everywhere- use Shaniya (desite the fact that you are 800 miles away) to your advantage. KWIM?

Oriah

Do you think the newspapers will print editorials? In the northeast, they seem to print them all - good and bad. There are so many critical issues that need volunteers these days. The bullying, missing, exploited ... sometimes it seems so overwhelming.

IMO, many of the papers in the South are, ummm, selective in what they print editorial-wise. But it sure doesn't hurt to try.

Oriah

lol...I will for sure pick you up.

MAM makes me sick!!! I think he will get what is coming to him.

My question is with AD's charges...now if that "mother" gets off with a slap of the wrist, I'll be at Exxon filling up the old tank and I'll let you know what time to expect me.

SHE CAN NOT GET AWAY WITH HANDING HER BABY TO A MOLESTER/MURDERER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All in the name of her next hit.

Just wondering, is it possible they know she won't be going far while she is pregnant - keeping her on the inside and keeping her and the baby (who supposedly is the child of the man wrongly arrested) safe is more trouble to LE or the state than it is worth? I don't mean that question to be disrespectful of the baby - but if harm comes to the mother in custody by violence or by medical issues - harm would more than likely come to the baby.

If she was still using while pregnant they would have to detox her and keep her in protective custody - again dangerous to the baby - Are there programs in the NC prisons for babies born to mothers in custody where they are allowed to stay with the mother for the first 6 or 12 mos?

If LE waits for her to give birth - then slap her with the heavy felonies, CPS steps in at birth to take the child and AD is tossed into the prison hospital to recover then the state can put her where they may....

Just wondering because if anyone ever should be implicated in the death of a child it is AD and it makes me sick to know she is walking around with charges that most likely, won't give her prison time to speak of.

Has there been any word on Brad, Aunt Carey or the rest?? I just replayed that vid of Byron talking to NG about the wonderful care Shaniya got from Brad, when Brad walked up and put him in a choke hold. :no: :no: I had never noticed before the little smirk on Brad's face as he stares into the camera. Byron stops talking or loses his thoughts, then goes back to thanking all, just like Brad told him to.

Oriah! Waiting for those bulbs!!

Just wondering, is it possible they know she won't be going far while she is pregnant - keeping her on the inside and keeping her and the baby (who supposedly is the child of the man wrongly arrested) safe is more trouble to LE or the state than it is worth? I don't mean that question to be disrespectful of the baby - but if harm comes to the mother in custody by violence or by medical issues - harm would more than likely come to the baby.

If she was still using while pregnant they would have to detox her and keep her in protective custody - again dangerous to the baby - Are there programs in the NC prisons for babies born to mothers in custody where they are allowed to stay with the mother for the first 6 or 12 mos?

If LE waits for her to give birth - then slap her with the heavy felonies, CPS steps in at birth to take the child and AD is tossed into the prison hospital to recover then the state can put her where they may....

Just wondering because if anyone ever should be implicated in the death of a child it is AD and it makes me sick to know she is walking around with charges that most likely, won't give her prison time to speak of.

Has there been any word on Brad, Aunt Carey or the rest?? I just replayed that vid of Byron talking to NG about the wonderful care Shaniya got from Brad, when Brad walked up and put him in a choke hold. :no: :no: I had never noticed before the little smirk on Brad's face as he stares into the camera. Byron stops talking or loses his thoughts, then goes back to thanking all, just like Brad told him to.

BBM

I calculated the time she could get on the charges she is facing now and it was a lot of years. I'll have to go back and try to find it.

As far as the other family members you asked about, they are not charged with anything as far as I know.

I just went back and listened to the judge read her charges

I'm on my phone and can not link or go into a lot of detail but she is charged with 2 felonies and 2 misdomeners(sp?)

human trafficking-261 months in prison (21 years & 9 months)
felony child abuse/prostitution-98 months (8 years & 2 months)
resisting officer-60 days (2 months)
false report-60 days (2 months)

So the judge told her she could face 30 years & 3 months on the charges she is charged with now. (if my my math is correct-looking at the scribbles on this paper it's most likely not)

Just bringing my post forward where I calculated the time the judge informed AD she could be facing on the current charges. 30 years and 3 months.
Now, she may not serve all 30 years, but I don't see her getting out in 2-4 years. KWIM

ETA: I'm with the rest of you in that I'd love to see murder somewhere in those charges. But, IMO it could be added later. The above calculation is just on what she is charged on now.

Songline, I'm not certain exactly what you're trying to say, except to express your frustration over this sort of crime not being nationalized. I agree and wish it were made known everywhere in a very public and nationwide way- because many of these children and people end up in other areas of the country- whether dead OR alive. I DO vote in NC, and just want to reassure you that the passions run high with Shaniya's case (and human/child trafficking in general) in this area, and Shaniya has not been forgotten AT ALL. Myself- and many people I know who are local to the case- are still grassrooting via legislature. Please use your status as a resident of another state to that advantage as well. Shaniya was taken only 20 or so miles before she was abused and murdered. But many are taken much farther than that. Use her case to your states' advantage- you do NOT want child sex trafficking in NY....and if much of it is coming through southern rings...well, more power to your statement. I hope you understand what I am saying.
It happens everywhere- use Shaniya (desite the fact that you are 800 miles away) to your advantage. KWIM?

Oriah

Oriah; yes it does happen everywhere, you are right but there are a few states that are notorious for this and Carolina's, Florida Utah and close to Mexico boarders are the worst.
YOU are also right that I am frustrated because it has been such a hush hush case, that it actually angers me.
It infuriates me that the father got a real pass after seeing the child come home with cigarette burns that everyone has acknowledged...And that the mother is out on leave from jail due to less then minimal bail. YEA a lot about this case makes me very sick and angry. :crazy::banghead:
You are right I can use my voice here, but sadly I am sick of the law more then ever before I do not see it working. :(
I lost my rose colored glasses and the rainbow ones too. I only have real dark shades now. :(

>>>RESPECTFULLY SNIPPED - MY REPLY IS ONLY TO THIS >>>

Has there been any word on Brad, Aunt Carey or the rest??
I just replayed that vid of Byron talking to NG about the wonderful care Shaniya got from Brad, when Brad walked up and put him in a choke hold. :no: :no: I had never noticed before the little smirk on Brad's face as he stares into the camera. Byron stops talking or loses his thoughts, then goes back to thanking all, just like Brad told him to.

<<SNIPED>>

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: Anything that has to do with Brad makes me very ill.

We've posted warnings before on Shaniya's threads not to bash Brad. I don't think anything has changed in that regard, unless Tricia says so.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Bumpity bump sweet girl. You showed me a horror I woud never have imagined another mother capable of and now I am forever changed. Rest easy sweet princess, we will never forget.

We've posted warnings before on Shaniya's threads not to bash Brad. I don't think anything has changed in that regard, unless Tricia says so.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Hoppy I did not bash. I said it makes me very ill. Just saying how I feel. I hope that is OK

LCoastMom!
3 bulbs up this morning and we are supposed to have 80 degrees and sunshine all weekend, so I betcha they all pop up by Easter Sunday. Now wouldn't THAT be a beautiful sign . :)
I'll take a picture as soon as I'm able and post it here.

Oriah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member