UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
story-wire-missing-boy-28775.jpg

Oh that picture is heartbreaking, and what those poor LE had to see

Darlin Gal, somehow the Thanks button just didn't seem right for the picture, but thank you for posting. Heartbreaking, nothing short of heartbreaking.

It will be interesting to learn, if we do, how custody came about in the first place and if mother was determined not to be the better option or did not want primary custody.

I really think judges put too much emphasis on biological parents at times...sometimes the person who gave birth to or contributed to the creation of a child has no business raising or being near the child...for good reason. But judges seem blind to these cases, overall, and often decide it is better for the child to see biological parent. I think that can come later, when child is old enough to decide (and defend themselves, if necessary.) JMO...don't know what happened here, obvioulsy, except Mom hooked up with some sort of a real winner...and here we are...

I thought I had a hardened heart. I am crying. This little guy will forever be with me. Prayers for everyone that loved Ethan.

It will be interesting to learn, if we do, how custody came about in the first place and if mother was determined not to be the better option or did not want primary custody.

I really think judges put too much emphasis on biological parents at times...sometimes the person who gave birth to or contributed to the creation of a child has no business raising or being near the child...for good reason. But judges seem blind to these cases, overall, and often decide it is better for the child to see biological parent. I think that can come later, when child is old enough to decide (and defend themselves, if necessary.) JMO...don't know what happened here, obvioulsy, except Mom hooked up with some sort of a real winner...and here we are...

I agree. It was speculated earlier within the thread that perhaps mom was trying to get away from a bad relationship. If that is the case, then one should PASS on visits with their child until they can ensure a safe environment. Clearly in this case, the mom CHOSE to allow her son to come to her home and into whatever abusive situation she had and CHOSE to take her son AWAY from the safer environment with his bio daddy. She is as equally responsible and reprehensible in my eyes for NOT putting her child first! :furious:

JMVHO

Isn't being involved in a felony where there is a death an automatic murder charge for all involved? If you and I rob a bank and you kill someone, I'M charged with murder too. Why the hell isn't that the case here (and with so many others)? She was certainly complicit and allowed this *advertiser censored* to kill her child---then protected him by helping him dump poor Ethan's body and lied to the police.

My God. That poor baby was only there for 10 days. If they didn't want him around why agree to allow him to come there in the first place????

My heart breaks for this precious little boy. This case makes me so sick I can't hardly stand it. :furious:

I agree. It was speculated earlier within the thread that perhaps mom was trying to get away from a bad relationship. If that is the case, then one should PASS on visits with their child until they can ensure a safe environment. Clearly in this case, the mom CHOSE to allow her son to come to her home and into whatever abusive situation she had and CHOSE to take her son AWAY from the safer environment with his bio daddy. She is as equally responsible and reprehensible in my eyes for NOT putting her child first! :furious:

JMVHO

It's not just her not putting her child first, she helped that *advertiser censored* hide the body :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I'd like to know why Dad had custody in the first place. Something tells me there were warning signs long before that sweet child ended up with these monsters.

*sigh* Another baby gone far too soonn...this one hits gard for me cause I have a little boy just a little over a month younger than Ethan...I could not imagine my world without my baby boy! Sickening
RIP ETHAN fly away little angel and soar on the wings off the prettiest bird!

This story has me totally pi$$ed off! I just dont understand how anyone can kill a child! I can only imagine the tax dollars about to be wasted on this SOB!

Ok gonna take a time out before I say what I really want to say

Mom wasn't charged with murder - I bet she made a plea deal and told LE where her son's body was. moo

Layton police said Ethan Stacy's stepfather, Nathan Sloop, 31, will be charged with aggravated homicide. His mother, Stephanie Sloop, 27, will be charged with felony child abuse. Both will face obstruction of justice and desecration of corpse charges.

The search for Ethan started Tuesday after police said the boy's mother had reported him missing, saying she has last seen him in bed at their Layton apartment Monday night. Officials said she told them that the boy had wandered away five of the last 10 nights.

"That appears to have been a ruse by the mother, something to cover the tracks," said Layton police Lt. Garret Atkin.

~snipped~

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jES6zitQaqavWWaZ0K0YLSHUkrjgD9FKVBJO0

I thought I had a hardened heart. I am crying. This little guy will forever be with me. Prayers for everyone that loved Ethan.

Me too :(

He is the same age as our little guy, and looks enough like him they could be brothers. Did he fly out there? I can just imagine his excitement about riding in a plane. Little boys that age are so much fun to be around. I'll pick my grandson up (or keep him home from preschool) just so we can go out and wander around town. It's such a kick to watch him get such pleasure out of the littlest things. Everything is an adventure.

But these two monsters couldn't be bothered with him. Son. Of. A. *****.

Dammit all to hell, I'm having a hell of a time censoring myself here :furious:

Isn't being involved in a felony where there is a death an automatic murder charge for all involved? If you and I rob a bank and you kill someone, I'M charged with murder too. Why the hell isn't that the case here (and with so many others)? She was certainly complicit and allowed this *advertiser censored* to kill her child---then protected him by helping him dump poor Ethan's body and lied to the police.

My God. That poor baby was only there for 10 days. If they didn't want him around why agree to allow him to come there in the first place????

Maybe Mommy told LE where his body was in a plea deal.

And of course he has previous charges.

Nathanael Warren Sloop
3/13/2003 Poss W/intent To Manufct/produce C/s Guilty

Nathanael Warren Sloop
6/12/2001 Disorderly Conduct {Guilty Plea}

Nathanael Warren Sloop
6/12/2001 Fail To Obey Peace Officer {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Sloop
5/19/2000 Criminal Mischief {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Sloop
5/19/2000 Disorderly Conduct {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Warren Sloop
7/21/2003 Illegal Poss/use Of Controlled Substance Guilty

http://www.utahsright.com/charges.php?first=&last=sloop&search=1

IIRC, some states will not allow someone to plead out of a murder charge. Does anyone know if Utah does?

And of course he has previous charges.

Nathanael Warren Sloop
3/13/2003 Poss W/intent To Manufct/produce C/s Guilty

Nathanael Warren Sloop
6/12/2001 Disorderly Conduct {Guilty Plea}

Nathanael Warren Sloop
6/12/2001 Fail To Obey Peace Officer {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Sloop
5/19/2000 Criminal Mischief {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Sloop
5/19/2000 Disorderly Conduct {Guilty Plea}

Nathaniel Warren Sloop