TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this young man asked LE to move him? They certainly have reasonable cause to fulfill that one simple request for him.

Not with out solid evidence he was in danger and there would be a police report on it.

This is some knee jerk reaction from a power hungry state agency my gut is telling me.

Billie and the boys dad better get themselves an attorney.

This is nuts! What right to they have to take this child from his mom and dad?
I hope SOMETHING Doc... ((((and hi Fessel! I miss you and am glad to see you here!)))))

wouldn't you think there had to be something?

Not true. Children are placed in kinship care all the time. It doesn't require the same things as foster placement. But sometimes the relative isn't able to get the same perks a foster care placement is, such as medical coverage, free school lunches, food stamps and a stipend to help care for the child.

All of this is JMO because i'm not verified, but I am a foster parent, and have been a kinship placement as well. but in Iowa, NOT Tx
I'm going off of what I've seen happen with children in my state...Arkansas. I've seen grandparents/relatives have to wait to be checked out by the state even though they have willingly agreed to take the children without any monetary compensation. Of course all states are different...as are all circumstances.

or...she made arrangements for him to live w/ a relative and CPS is involved to help with the financial aspect.

If they took him, IMO it means they suspect Billie is a danger to her child.

If she gave him up temporarily ...I'm impressed.

The only way she gave him up is if she knew they were fixing to take him anyway. Make herself look better. I think they took him. And probably for a dang good reason.

Yes, but the TITLE does say 'protective'. And, just why would they remove him if it weren't to protect him? They don't remove kids from parents just for the fun of it. It usually is for the child's protection. That's their job and what they're all about.

In my profession, I have had to contact CPS twice on families. It's a big deal.

JMHO.

I feel like Billie Dunn here... I cannot make myself be understood! The NAME of the agency is TX is Department of Children and PROTECTIVE Services in TEXAS. Other states call it CPS, but TEXAS does not call it that.

DD is in temp. custody of the above named agency. Why? I don't know and won't speculate other than DD's mom and dad are living through the worse parent's nightmare with HD being missing. I don't know how they even get dressed each day much less make sure DD goes to school, does his homework, monitors his daily activities, etc. How sad for BD and CD.

JMO

my guess would be if this is drug related they are afraid that if other arrest are made that the son may be taken by someone and that would be a bad situation for them. Better safe than sorry, you can't protect these kids enough.

The only way she gave him up is if she knew they were fixing to take him anyway. Make herself look better. I think they took him. And probably for a dang good reason.

Well last night she said she was their only caregiver. Looks like that just changed.jmo

I feel that LE has a whole lot of evidence that we have no idea of, LE is not going to go around to landfills searching like they have been if they did not have some good evidence to send them in that direction, and then when you take in the possible statements that DD could have provided them, there is a reason that he was removed from BD care.....I certainly think this is getting ready for arrests to be made, but I also think the outcome of this case is once again going to be horrifying to find out about....Poor Hailey and DD...

but he got a grandma and they could put a officers at the home. Has they did with Somer's family.

Something not feeling right here. Why take a child during situation like this when you need to be with your family.

I hope SA doesn't find a way to sneak out of his grannies during the night and LE never let SA out of their sight. I am very concerned about BD's safety. I don't think BD and her mother are able to protect themselves should someone attempt to break into the house during the night. I would feel vulnerable sleeping alone in a bedroom in BD's house cuz the windows are so low to the ground. Has she increased the security level in her home? Now that there is no male presence in the house, BD needs an overnight security guard for protection IMO.

lol, well I live in Texas and have always heard it referred to as CPS....even by the folks that work there.

Oh I totally think you're right. They took him.

But for now...I am gonna hope we're WRONG & she placed him for his own good.

Thank you everyone for helping me catch up.

What day did Billie say that he was going to stay with someone in Snyder?
I wonder why don't they want him in Snyder.
Why was the uncle that lives in Snyder given a polly to begin with and then he says he passed? So, you can flunk 2 pollies... then pass one?

And who was the other guy that flunked the polly to begin with?

Not with out solid evidence he was in danger and there would be a police report on it.

This is some knee jerk reaction from a power hungry state agency my gut is telling me.

Billie and the boys dad better get themselves an attorney.

I so agree and I will say it again: I so agree. This is nuts.

Adkins' Lawyer: Phone Records Could Be Incorrect

Fort Worth-based attorney Sidney Lyle told KTXS News on Wednesday that, in his own experience, phone records can show use in one area when the phone user was in a different location.
"Personally," Lyle said, "I've been in El Paso and had my phone records show I was in Mexico when I wasn't anywhere close to there."
~snip~
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26543967/detail.html
Right.

Somebody needs a new lawyer. Any fool knows that El Paso is right on the US/Mexico border and cell usage knows no political boundaries.

Nice lawyer. Cell towers, especially out in no-man's land like this are not clustered together (at least I do not think). Mr Attorney is trying to put doubt in to any potential jurors' minds. (JMO):rolleyes:

I'm sure he knew that the truth was not being told and someone finally got him settled down and told him the truth needed to be told and he did.

I feel like Billie Dunn here... I cannot make myself be understood! The NAME of the agency is TX is Department of Children and PROTECTIVE Services in TEXAS. Other states call it CPS, but TEXAS does not call it that.

DD is in temp. custody of the above named agency. Why? I don't know and won't speculate other than DD's mom and dad are living through the worse parent's nightmare with HD being missing. I don't know how they even get dressed each day much less make sure DD goes to school, does his homework, monitors his daily activities, etc. How sad for BD and CD.

JMO

yes I am scratching my head...

legal things like removing a child from a home take more than emotion or how anyone is feeling into account.

it takes facts.

facts.

seems some facts are on paper somewhere in this county to get this kid the hello out of this home...

so what are they....

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads