Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Brady said Rafferty's old Blackberry was sent to RIM and police got it back with a warrant

RaffertyLFP: The OPP e-crime section examined Rafferty's old phone but it had been wiped

Police eventually got Rafferty's blackberry. It was examined by e-crimes. The data had been wiped from the phone.

Wow, I wonder if LE got records from POF about his account, that would be mind boggling.

Yes but I don't think he falls in that area code. I could be wrong but I think he's in the 519.

I know my cellphone number has the area code of the city I live in and not another town or city in my province.

I was confused but maybe there is another reason he got 905.
It said he got the phone in Guelph though so It would be very possible to be a 905, my husband works in Cambridge and the phone he got from work is a 905 area code.

RaffertyLFP: Brady said Rafferty's old Blackberry was sent to RIM and police got it back with a warrant

RaffertyLFP: The OPP e-crime section examined Rafferty's old phone but it had been wiped

Police eventually got Rafferty's blackberry. It was examined by e-crimes. The data had been wiped from the phone.

I am not trying to defend MR but if i was trying to exchange my phone i would make sure it was wiped clean before exchanging it.

It said he got the phone in Guelph though so It would be very possible to be a 905, my husband works in Cambridge and the phone he got from work is a 905 area code.

ok that explains it then. I didn't know that was possible. I thought it had to be in the same area code in the city we reside in.

Interesting

RaffertyLFP: Brady said a card was found in Rafferty's call with a phone number linked to Masonville Bell store

RaffertyLFP: No cross-examination for Brady

Raffertyhad a business card from the Bell store employee. No more questions.

I am not trying to defend MR but if i was trying to exchange my phone i would make sure it was wiped clean before exchanging it.

I don't think they mean wiped as in cleaning the surface, they mean wiped as in all data in it..correct me if I'm wrong

He wasn't exchanging it. It was being sent for repair.

I don't think they mean wiped as in cleaning the surface, they mean wiped as in all data in it..correct me if I'm wrong

That is what i meant. I would clear my data from the phone.

RaffertyLFP: Next witness is OPP Det.Con Michael Waechter

The crown calls Detective Cst. Michael Waechter.

RaffertyLFP: Waechter was assigned on to Stafford case on April 15 Investigated phone calls made by Rafferty on May 11

On July 19th, he was assigned to interview witnesses and property owners from near where a Tori was found.

swapping out phones:

when I swapped out my phone the verizon guy hooked both phones to the computer and transferred the data from old phone onto new phone.

I left the store with both phones.

why did he leave his old one wiped clean at the store??? that is strange to me. seems like he just wanted it completely gone :moo:

eta: oh... I see he was sending it for repair.... but still... why wipe all your data off the phone???? strange

If in fact the data was no longer there it's irrelevant because all calls are still logged by the provider, I think only text messages and bbms cannot be retrieved, once they are deleted, they are gone into cyberspace

..twitter said that ..I think they are finished with bell store ..twitters are coing in slow on my computer today...I do think they were looking into house phone line too.robynhood...oh just got an air message they are calling a detective to stand ...is other people's twiiters coming in slow today too....curious robynhood...?

No more questions from Gowdey. Derstine asking about driving north of Woodstock

He suggests there are lots of different farmlands and paths that are secluded just north of Woodstock. She agrees. No more questions.RaffertyLFP: Woods said there is a lot of farmland norht of Woodstock no further questions

The crown has called Constable James Brady.

RaffertyLFP: Brady is OPP officer 27 year veteran of policing Former Det.Constable with Woodstock Police

Where is he going with this? Is he trying to suggest that they didn't need to drive to Mount Forest in order to do the deed and if he did it why didn't he do it closer to home? If this is his point, it is a waste of time.MOO

RaffertyLFP: Waechter said Rafferty phone calls included two calls to Corey's auto wreckers on May 11

Rafferty called a wrecking yard in London. Corey's Auto Wreckers, on May 11th. He called twice.

I don't know unless they did find something on it that he thought he deleted.

Did he even change the number?

He wouldn't have to change the number. You don't automatically get a new number just cuz the phone is broken/stolen. These days it's quite neat cuz now you have a sim card which you can remove, alot of info on sim car. However, Bell did not get sim capable phones until 2010, so I'm assuming it was a CDMA phone, no sim card, every bit of data would be stored on the phone itself. So that means that if the phone was wipe, all his contacts would have gone poof. Of course he would still have his bills to refer to for numbers :) and so would police.

IMO, he wiped his off because there was stuff in there he did not want LE to see period. IMO what an admission of guilt.

Police were interested in the nature if the call, due to the missing back seat of the Honda Civic.

RaffertyLFP: Court is shown Rafferty's phone bill to Corey's auto wreckers on May 11

Calls were made in the early afternoon of May 11th, 2009.

what a surpise. JMO

I find the wiped clean cell phone data to be strange only because of the crime he is arrested for. But other wise i find it a normal thing to do. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam