Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
NearMap is an excellent tool for property searching, I have just sold my place and looking for a new house and it is an excellent source

Daniel Morcombe never stood a chance with 2 grown men. All the stranger danger, putting his hand up shouting "No, stop it, I'm not going!" Sadly wouldn't have saved him. The only thing that would have saved him was not standing alone out on a major highway waiting for a bus at 13 years old.

Not sure where the two grown men came from..only one as far as I was aware.

And I have dealt with GBC as an agent (when he was at Kenmore). He certainly came across as odd to me. He also seemed to kept all this info on his computer. When I met with him at the office he knew/remembered everything about me - even though it had been a while since we'd had contact. When I questioned this (who remembers all those little details??) he told me he keeps notes on conversations he has with clients (I'm guessing to build a rapport??). It did seem very spooky to me at the time but maybe that's what a good agent should do - it just seemed a little artificial?

What else could be in that computer?? ;-)

So does the satnav hold details of where it's travelled, like history on a browser?
Thanks Ixnaye, you answered my question.

This is the same technique that police used to identify Herman Rockefellers killers. Police found Rockefellers car and just looked up the history in the GPS. Led them straight to killers house. :jail:

I have had some suspicions about another person who may have a blue 4wd.....just not sure how to check. Have not heard about suicide note.......though

HHhhhmmmmm, sounds like a young 22 yr old.....blonde?

Yes they do Mani, even if he had cleared the history I bet just like phones the Computer Tech Gurus would be able to still download the info from it.

Off topic (while we wait): I read an article a few month back about how 'baddies' can track children's location by the photos the kids take with their mobiles and post on social sites. There is a special software that will decode the location of where the photo was taken, just by analysing the photo itself. But if you turn off 'location services /GPS' on the phone itself, it cannot be done. I have since turned off all GPSs facilities on all mobile phones in this household.

This is the same technique that police used to identify Herman Rockefellers killers. Police found Rockefellers car and just looked up the history in the GPS. Led them straight to killers house. :jail:

Yes very true ActusReus it did too, that was basically the only clue the police had and it was certainly an unusual case and without that they might have gotten away with it. Because those pair didn't even know who they had killed as he was using a different name.

So does the satnav hold details of where it's travelled, like history on a browser?

The more you hear the closer GBC gets to the Arthur Gorrie Correction Centre.:jail:

The more you hear the closer GBC gets to the Arthur Gorrie Correction Centre.:jail:

It just seems weird though - after seeing him tonight, holding the girls hands, it all seemed like "happy families", very relaxed and enjoying the night.

Can't be sure, but high end Toyota inclusions should be at least as good as Garmin - http://www.dixonarchive.com/prado/gps_systems_garmin265.htm - which says "We love the historical route mapping feature. It is great to be able to see where you've been before and very helpful when off road".

I will offend people by saying this for sure... death penalty. They do not deserve to live.

There is no death penalty in Australia and unfortunately, there are actually worse crimes than this that are unable to be made public. I know this because of the service area in which my partner and I work.

The murder of Walgett nurse, Sandra Hoare, by the Fernando brothers is an example of a despicable crime where only the bare minimum of details were released.
http://www.nswnurses.asn.au/news/2127.html

Unfortunately due to public sensitivities it may well be that only certain aspects of this ABC murder are released to the public, especially in light of musings that the crime is far worse than envisioned.

As for someone's appearance at the Brookfield show... *raises brows*.... :sick::sick::sick:

To be fair there were no recent local events to give his parents the idea that the area was risky. If the bus operator had not let him down he'd most likely have been safely away from predators.

Up until a month ago, the chances of a Brookfield wife being found murdered in a creek were pretty slim too.

There's rarely an 'only thing' that would change these situations ... usually a combination of chance and bad luck.

I have just moved down south from the Sunshine Coast and to tell the truth the amount of paedofiles that they interviewed in regards to the Daniel Morcombe case that were around the area on that day is frightening. I went on the DM walk last year. Bruce and Denise are truly amazing people.

The only query I have about the onboard sat nav is why would he use it? Doesn't he know the area like the back of his hand? So why would he be using it?

The brutality and depravity of Anita Cobby's murder shocked Australia to the core. Those men would have been killed if the public could have gotten to them, the community anger was palpable. Her killers were heavily protected to ensure they got to trial. Pity no one was able to protect Anita from those savages.

Now we talk about murders in online forums, times have changed.

Apparently they got plenty of what was coming to them in the slammer.... But it would never be enough punishment for what they did.

The only query I have about the onboard sat nav is why would he use it? Doesn't he know the area like the back of his hand? So why would he be using it?

No, he's not using it. He's (IMO) turned it off and it has somehow still "pinged" to the big cloud in the sky giving away his location - I think???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong