CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Bob?

That's why I keep coming back to this thread like I do all the other thread on W/S where there is a missing person involved! BUT, on the other threads we discuss LE, Tips, eyewitness accounts....I have fallen right into the discussion that has nothing to do with Where is Bob! I can understand the daughters concern about what is rightfully theirs. I can understand a new bride wondering where her new husband is, even if it's only been 6 days of wedded bliss but what I can't understand now is an accusation about a grandson that was close to his grandfather that may have exploded???

I think LE needs to follow up on the hairdresser..I think LE needs to follow up on this Cold Case because I don't think enough was done in the first place to find Bob Harrod!
Bob, I still drive by your house every Saturday asking..Where are you?

Where is Bob?

That's why I keep coming back to this thread like I do all the other thread on W/S where there is a missing person involved! BUT, on the other threads we discuss LE, Tips, eyewitness accounts....I have fallen right into the discussion that has nothing to do with Where is Bob! I can understand the daughters concern about what is rightfully theirs. I can understand a new bride wondering where her new husband is, even if it's only been 6 days of wedded bliss but what I can't understand now is an accusation about a grandson that was close to his grandfather that may have exploded???

I think LE needs to follow up on the hairdresser..I think LE needs to follow up on this Cold Case because I don't think enough was done in the first place to find Bob Harrod!

Finally a post that I agree with wholeheartedly!

The question is where is Bob and what have the police really done to find out. If they have thoroughly investigated all that they can and still come up with nothing, then they've been looking in the wrong places or are waiting for suspect(s) to trip up.
IMHO, Newspaper reports of "he said or she said" do not necessarily reflect what the police cannot tell the public until they are absolutely certain. They must not jeopardize the REAL investigation, so media reports are not entirely reliable and can be very misleading. IMHO
Bob's neighbor gave his insite, for whatever it is worth, about the family and alot more insite about what Fontelle's thoughts are but, the questions (and Bob) still remain unanswered and out there, somewhere.

The neighbor's description of the hairdresser is very creepy and eventhough rumor has it she and her husband were cleared, is this actually true?

IMHO: The investigation process in a case like this must be kept tightly confidential. That makes sense. I hope they're still working it dilligently.

Real life mysteries are truly complicated, unlike television crime stories that many watch.

LE does not care. They have been trying to write this off since it happened. First it was a demented old man wandered away. Then it was a nervous groom with cold feet. I have always said if Bob had been some 20-something coed with bleached blonde hair partying in some exotic tropical island, It would be national news. But since it is an 80 year old man, no one cares any more. That just seems to be what our society has degraded to. A missing old man is just not "sexy" news.

It sucks, but tell me I am wrong. The police are in over their heads and are too arrogant to admit it.

LE does not care. They have been trying to write this off since it happened. First it was a demented old man wandered away. Then it was a nervous groom with cold feet. I have always said if Bob had been some 20-something coed with bleached blonde hair partying in some exotic tropical island, It would be national news. But since it is an 80 year old man, no one cares any more. That just seems to be what our society has degraded to. A missing old man is just not "sexy" news.

It sucks, but tell me I am wrong. The police are in over their heads and are too arrogant to admit it.

Looking at the old links, even statements made by their public information person now seem very staged and out of touch to me since you've described Bob as you knew him.

Where is Bob?

I agree... I do appreciate very much the insight CA_Exhile has given us. To summarize there were some 'battles of wills' not only with finances but with some hurt feelings over the dynamics of the family relationships. I think that in general gives us some insight... It helps clarify some things... but we still dont' know where Bob is.

Was there any WS'rs early on in the case who have been in contact with LE regarding this case? I'd love to see about someone making a call to LE and asking what is happening with the investigation into his disappearance rather than hashing out who is entitled to this mans estate. That is a different 'court' issue entirely.

IMO some calls to LE need to happen to find out what the heck is going on with this case.

Where is Bob?

I agree... I do appreciate very much the insight CA_Exhile has given us. To summarize there were some 'battles of wills' not only with finances but with some hurt feelings over the dynamics of the family relationships. I think that in general gives us some insight... It helps clarify some things... but we still dont' know where Bob is.

Was there any WS'rs early on in the case who have been in contact with LE regarding this case? I'd love to see about someone making a call to LE and asking what is happening with the investigation into his disappearance rather than hashing out who is entitled to this mans estate. That is a different 'court' issue entirely.

IMO some calls to LE need to happen to find out what the heck is going on with this case.

Where is Bob?

Where is Bob? Ths has always been the main point of this thread.
Where is he?
We (WS) can speculate all we want on inheritances and new wives and old girlfriends and on and on, but
where the heck is he?

I was in touch with LE early on in Robert Harrod's missing person case.
I will call and see what is going on currently with the investigation.
Will report back.

CA Exile:
I just wanted to say welcome to WS.
It is good to hear from someone who knew Robert Harrod well.
Thank you for taking the time to let us see him as you know him.

Thank you Dream'. It would be nice to find out what info is available to the public regarding the investigation and hopefully light a fire under LE's rump if necessary to light some fire into this case.

Please keep us posted.

The phonecall PB says she placed to her dad has always bothered me.

PB posted that between 11am - 12 noon on July 27, 2009 she was on the phone with her father and heard the SIL state he was going to the hardware store. Yet we now know the SIL did not go to the hardware store until 3-4 hours later.

JM also gave an earlier time for her father's disappearance right after Mr. Harrod went missing.

JM states her father disappears around noon or 1 pm.

Reporter: “Julie says her husband was with her dad, at his home yesterday. He went to the hardware store alone. When he came back…”
JM: “My dad was gone.”
Reporter: “What time?”
JM: “We’re thinking maybe 1, noon?”

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/...9354&src=front

Good point Angelo. Let's hope LE got hold of all the phone records. That should help to narrow it all down.

I want to thank you who are still interested in this case. I had really thought there was no longer any interest. I really appreciate all of you listening to me. Even though I have not been officially verified, you seem to know I am who I say I am. I am also trying to be honest about what I remember.

Thank you all.

PB posted that between 11am - 12 noon on July 27, 2009she was on the phone with her father and heard the SIL state he was going to the hardware store. Yet we now know the SIL did not go to the hardware store until 3-4 hours later.

I have a question about this too. Was Bob hard of hearing? I wonder because I have never been able to clearly hear what someone is saying in the background when I am on the phone with someone. I can make out an adult talking but never clearly hear what it is thay are saying, just that someone is talking. I can make out kids talking in the background because they are usually climbing on a parent and they are inches from the phone. But this is someone who I imagine was likely several feet away from Bob when the comment was made.

I can't help but wonder how it was someone on the other end of a telephone call could clearly make out what another adult in the background said.

Hmmmm..... JMO

I want to thank you who are still interested in this case. I had really thought there was no longer any interest. I really appreciate all of you listening to me. Even though I have not been officially verified, you seem to know I am who I say I am. I am also trying to be honest about what I remember.

Thank you all.

I will share, FWIW..... this thread had become dormant. At the end of June, I think, I decided for some reason one morning to go through cases approaching their one year anniversary. Bobs caught my eye because there were several hundred posts and then nothing for a few months. So I decided to take a look, bump the thread and see if we could generate some new life in the case.

I'm glad I did and glad to see there is still a great deal of interest in Bobs case and glad you found us here at WS CA_Exile

jmo
Cubby

Thank you all.

CA Exile - you - and Cubby! - are just what we needed to bring this thread back to life. There's been so little activity and long periods of nothing. I'm certain we're all thrilled to have you here!

Can you tell us the birth order of the daughters? I was under the impression Julie is the oldest. Is that not the case?

I don't remember him saying anything about his hearing. It may have been going. He was 80 years old after all. But, his eyesight was the big thing. He always wore those glasses and did not like driving. He drove with both feet on the pedals, one on the brake and one on the accelerator. I told him he was wearing his brakes out that way. He said it was because of his reflexes and his eyesight. He wanted to be sure he could stop. He always drove us to lodge. I do not think he liked my driving. I may have been too fast for him.

Fairy1: To be honest, I do not know. I think R is the oldest, P in the middle and J is the youngest.

I was once contacted by a member of this site when I posted an essay about Bob on his birthday. I thought it was nice that she was interested, but did not think much about it. Then, I found out about ShowMe's post where I was mentioned as blogging neighbor. I could not resist. I had to say my piece. So you could actually thank ShowMe for me being on here. This has been a real pleasure to speak with all of you. Maybe with a little pressure, we can make the police care as much.

I was once contacted by a member of this site when I posted an essay about Bob on his birthday. I thought it was nice that she was interested, but did not think much about it. Then, I found out about ShowMe's post where I was mentioned as blogging neighbor. I could not resist. I had to say my piece. So you could actually thank ShowMe for me being on here. This has been a real pleasure to speak with all of you. Maybe with a little pressure, we can make the police care as much.

If I'm not mistaken, Dolly recently spoke to the mayor of Placentia. I felt the response she got was very sympathetic, but not overly concerned or interested.

It seems to be a reflection of how little our society cares for our elderly.

Bob's case had carpeting correct? Kitchen tiled? CA_Exhile had you ever been inside Bobs home? Do you know where he took calls? Was it the kitchen, or a living room area?

I'm trying to figure out how Bobs daughter could hear someone clearly enough to make out a conversation while she was on the phone.

When you saw Bobs family, did they speak louder than a normal conversation when speaking with him?

OT- but my dad is 70 and 2-3 years ago he was told he was borderline for needing a hearing aid. He can hear at normal tone when within a few feet but if he is 10-15 feet away he can not hear someone talking to him at a normal tone. So I am wondering about Bob hearing since I have 1st hand experience with this.....

Even in his home, he has a tiled kitchen. If his wife is talking to him or says something while I am on the phone with him I can not make out what she is saying.

JMO

The entry way, hall and kitchen were all tile. The living room, den and dining room were carpet. Bob was usually down stairs in the den watching tv or taking a nap in his chair. The phone was cordless and I think the base was in the kitchen. He would have probably been in the den/kitchen area if on the phone.

I never noticed them speaking louder to him. He never seemed to have a problem hearing me.

Bob's case had carpeting correct? Kitchen tiled? CA_Exhile had you ever been inside Bobs home? Do you know where he took calls? Was it the kitchen, or a living room area?

I'm trying to figure out how Bobs daughter could hear someone clearly enough to make out a conversation while she was on the phone.

When you saw Bobs family, did they speak louder than a normal conversation when speaking with him?

OT- but my dad is 70 and 2-3 years ago he was told he was borderline for needing a hearing aid. He can hear at normal tone when within a few feet but if he is 10-15 feet away he can not hear someone talking to him at a normal tone. So I am wondering about Bob hearing since I have 1st hand experience with this.....

Even in his home, he has a tiled kitchen. If his wife is talking to him or says something while I am on the phone with him I can not make out what she is saying.

JMO

My FIL is 78 and in just the last year or two, his hearing is going big time. He's stubborn Irish and I can almost guarantee he will NEVER get a hearing aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson