Friends Lindsey was with prior to disappearance

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...earch-but-no-new-suspect-in-Lindsey-Baum-case

Excerpts bbm:

Why is it that LE did not discover a conflict until one year after the fact?

Lab analysis?

What did LE ask and what did the subject reply during original interviews conducted within days or only a few weeks of LB having gone missing, and what was recently determined that caused LE to re-investigate one year later and eventually determine the subject's replies were in conflict with assumed fact? Read on to discover why I use the word: "assumed".

The questions / answers might have included topics such as bedding, blankets, clothing, utensils, glassware, toys, salvaged discards, frequented areas, habits, etc.

The underlined, bolded statement, above, is in conflict with LE's claimed reason for reinvestigating this man. Defense lawyers would have a field day.

The way LE presents it, they've already assumed a conflict based on their "own determination" but yet, they must wait for forensic investigation to be completed before they can verify as facts?

Ok. So what does LE "now believe to be true" that is in conflict with what the subject provided one year ago?

LE's recent beliefs might be fueled by other's statements or observations regarding the subject, such as:
  • Did he drive his car the evening of or within days of June 26, 2010?
  • Did he visit the storage unit the evening of or within days of June 26, 2010?
  • Did anyone other than himself ever sleep on a particular mattress?
  • Did he launder his clothes / bedding using equipment in the house or did he visit a laundromat, out of norm circa June 26, 2010?
  • Can he explain why his DNA might have been retrieved from a particular area or item?
Or perhaps, LE has concluded the perp must be someone who was out of the ordinary in McCleary, but low key and close enough to the situation, i.e.: observed LB while she was at the pool or otherwise while she was dressed only in a bathing suit?

My hope is LE is very close to solving this case, returning LB to her family and making an arrest ... but to date, it seems LE is grasping based on assumptions because it appears as if evidentiary facts are far and few between in this case.

I hope I am wrong.

I like your thought provoking questions they are very good questions. It sure makes one think. Could it be possible that LE is going over many of the statements that where made the following days after Lindsey went missing and finding that some of the statement warrant to be looked at. After reviewing the shell station video and who might of been around him at the time, maybe making some other connections to someone else who might have been at the shell station.

[*]Can he explain why his DNA might have been retrieved from a particular area or item?

I would think IMO they would of had to previously searched an area to gather and obtain those items to get that DNA and have it on file so they would be able to make a comparison later.

resulted in the need for lab analysis to confirm what he’s told us.” "before we know if the information he has given us is factual"

Wondering if there was someone else that night who might of been at his house and maybe left to other areas. The he's told us and the information he has given us is factual. Sure does make one wonder. Yep definitely thought provoking.

Having looked at the graph by FBI in the latest vid and knowing more than not DNA imprinting by many forms has been used in information gathering in McCleary. I'm wondering if LE is actually looking for a form of DNA connecting to someone else who may have been at the poi's house that evenning causing the poi to initially lie about his actions that evenning. Just guessing due to the vast amount of DNA evidence, computer forensic evidence, cameras, ect.... taken from many homes.

Having looked at the graph by FBI in the latest vid and knowing more than not DNA imprinting by many forms has been used in information gathering in McCleary. I'm wondering if LE is actually looking for a form of DNA connecting to someone else who may have been at the poi's house that evenning causing the poi to initially lie about his actions that evenning. Just guessing due to the vast amount of DNA evidence, computer forensic evidence, cameras, ect.... taken from many homes.

I was wondering that also Kagey. Guess they are connecting the dots and crossing their T's. I hope there will be arrest soon and Lindsey will be found and brought back to her family.

this case is so frustrating :banghead:

I come into the thread everyday hoping that new info will be released...something that might help bring answers and find Lindsey

where are you Lindsey?

I havent given up....I just dont know what more I can do :(...you are in my thoughts sweetie!

I come into the thread everyday hoping that new info will be released...something that might help bring answers and find Lindsey

where are you Lindsey?

I havent given up....I just dont know what more I can do :(...you are in my thoughts sweetie!

I agree it is very frustrating and hoping that there is release of more information. We really don't know what exactly Lindsey was doing the day she went missing or the day before. We know by her going home and showering that she went swimming, the video store. I keep wondering where was she earlier in the day.
The week before she went missing, I believe I heard a video that sticks in my head, MB mention they went to ocean shores and remembers lindsey running on the beach chasing the seagulls. It sounded like Lindsey really enjoyed the beach and chasing the birds. I imagined to myself seeing her running in and out of the water giggling and laughing as the wave comes in, digging in the sand and making sand castles collecting shells, poking at the jelly fish. I think this is actually beautiful. Lindsey seems to be a very adventure
some child who loved life and is such a free spirit. I have never met Lindsey but she has touched my heart as well as many others heart. Its kind of funny I started to write out some things I was curious about, but got distracted with a mother's memory of her beautiful daughter and the moment of happiness they both shared. It is definitely a very precious moment. Big hugs MB

Heavens to Betsy!
c035.gif
Look at this, from my local newspaper, today:

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_959b3109-2942-55f8-b2d2-68f16d2ddc55.html

>>>snip

Two 15-year-old Escondido girls pleaded guilty Wednesday to attempted murder in a 2009 attack on a fellow eighth-grader whom they ambushed, beaten, carved and repeatedly stabbed, all because of a romantic rivalry.

Charged as adults, the two teens took plea deals that might keep them in prison until they are in their early 30s. In exchange, prosecutors dropped the most serious charge, torture, which can bring a life sentence.

The girls are set to be formally sentenced on Sept. 16...

<...>

The motive for the attack, according to authorities: The victim and one of the attackers liked the same boy.

The victim was not in court for Wednesday's hearing.

Both of the young defendants entered the courtroom in chains.
<...>

(article continues)

<<<snip

I'd really like to know how those friends of Lindsey's, the group of girls she mended fences with just before she went missing, have handled her disappearance. Does anyone know?

I'm not suggesting they have anything to do with whatever crime took Lindsey, but might they not know more about her than anybody else does?

That article ^ really shook me. Shakes me.
Damn.

Heavens to Betsy!
c035.gif
Look at this, from my local newspaper, today:

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_959b3109-2942-55f8-b2d2-68f16d2ddc55.html

>>>snip

Two 15-year-old Escondido girls pleaded guilty Wednesday to attempted murder in a 2009 attack on a fellow eighth-grader whom they ambushed, beaten, carved and repeatedly stabbed, all because of a romantic rivalry.

Charged as adults, the two teens took plea deals that might keep them in prison until they are in their early 30s. In exchange, prosecutors dropped the most serious charge, torture, which can bring a life sentence.

The girls are set to be formally sentenced on Sept. 16...

<...>

The motive for the attack, according to authorities: The victim and one of the attackers liked the same boy.

The victim was not in court for Wednesday's hearing.

Both of the young defendants entered the courtroom in chains.
<...>

(article continues)

<<<snip

I'd really like to know how those friends of Lindsey's, the group of girls she mended fences with just before she went missing, have handled her disappearance. Does anyone know?

I'm not suggesting they have anything to do with whatever crime took Lindsey, but might they not know more about her than anybody else does?

That article ^ really shook me. Shakes me.
Damn.

Hi Coastal:

I have wondered if they might know more then what they think they know. I have gone back and doing some reading from the start and trying to figure out who were friends of Lindsey. Not sure this will help I feel like I'm going in circles. I would just like to have Lindsey home feel her case is going cold. Nothing new being reported. Feel we missed something. Realize this town is a small town and a lot are related or are friends of whomever. Sigh.. guess I am feeling frustrated cause of no new news on Lindsey or what is doing for her searches. I can only imagine how her parents are both feeling.

The following article was published June 28, 2009.

Read the bolded text, below. Today, it is assumed / accepted fact that LB left MK's house and began her walk home, alone. Whom was this "another friend"?

The following article was published July 8, 2009.

Whom was it that first provided the bolded information to LE or news folk? Did it come from SW or KK, perhaps to deflect embarrassment for letting a 10 year old girl walk home alone after 9:00 pm?

I do not accept that theory and I do not accept the 'confused stories' angle. There were multiple persons in the K house and at least 2 witnesses on the street.

Read both news blurbs again. Both first reference witnesses and then include "a friend" walking with LB, so is it logical to assume the information was provided by one of the witnesses?

... and the bigger question, what did the witness 'see' and who 'corrected' that information .. and why?

Another issue:

Why the discrepancy in the time of the last sighting? Was it 9:15pm or 9:30pm?

For how long was LB at the K house that evening? When did she begin walking toward home and why did a witness offer that LB was walking with someone?

Perhaps the witness(es) confused directions and it was actually MK that was seen walking with LB and it was toward MK's house and not toward LB's house? If that is true then the reported timeline must be questioned.

Another issue:

The following article was written by alias, "MomWhoWrites" (KK, MK's mother), and published on June 29, 2009. She references a bank account set up in LB's name .. a bank account set up the 3rd day (2 previous days were weekend days) after the evening LB went missing?

That seemed odd to me when I read about it then, and it seems odd to me now. Who's idea was that and why so soon? Is it typical, within short days, to set up a bank account for a missing child? What is the intent? More than 1 year after the fact is the account still active? Who 'manages' the account?

The following article also was written by alias, "MomWhoWrites" (KK, MK's mother), and published July 4, 2009.

I'm not implying wrong-doing by those involved. I simply find it as odd that 'money' was considered an issue 3 days (and 2 of those days were weekend days) after the event. Was the account set up on Saturday, 1 day after LB went missing or on Monday, the 3rd day and the same day the first article was published?

Why was SW tested via polygraph, but not KK? Both adults were in the house with LB.

I know I'm rehashing old topics, but I'm underdstand many cases have been solved by retracing from the beginning.

I am not willing to ignore seemingly innocuous misinformation and time line discrepancies.
:bow::Justice::aktion033:(by me)

Both SW and KK volunteered for the polygraphs. LE is the one that told KK it wasn't necessary.

KK does not drive. LE knows this and I'm assuming felt that if KK had done anything she would have required SWs help. SW passed the LDT so again, I'm assuming, LE didn't feel it necessary to spend additional funds to have KK tested also.

The fund was set up by MM NOT KK or Melissa.. why it was set up when it was is because MM knew that Melissa was going to need some help.

And I've said this before.. please take what you read in the media with a grain of salt. They have had the timeline incorrect since the beginning.. whether it was LE who released it or if media screwed it up when reporting it.. I don't know. But I've talked to Melissa, KK and the police.. and those three are consistent with each other and are not the same as what each media outlet had reported.

If LE hadn't felt it necessary for KK to take a polygraph, although I'm not a police officer, they would have made that statement in that very speech. As far as setting up several accounts why did those listed react so quickly. No one knew at that point if Lindsey would found and what conditions.

As for the media, they don't dictate what we should believe or conclude. The media is a tool that enables the reader to formulate his or her own opinion from the information provided. A piece of the media that has been used as a tool in this case has come from a person directly involved during the critical time a crime took place. The information this person provides is often contradictory, doesn't add up, or muddies the water. Should this person be sharing information to the public at all? Hmmm.

Novice Seeker

where are you Lindsey?

Would you mind some company? :banghead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha6QP-qvVZw Hope this works and this thread is the right spot. With the influx of 'bullying' stories on the news I thought this was appropriate. :) There are about 5 other videos to watch underneath. This should be shown in all schools, places of business, counseling facillities, nursing homes, mental health facilities (as in some parts of the US they are regressing, group homes, camps and on and on the list could go. Share the love and what love means by paying it forward and attach this to your other social sites and friends! "Times they are a changin!"

Never to late to apologize!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back