Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family would like to thank all of you for your support over the last week. The next few days will bwe very difficult but love and family will get us through.

I cannot tell you how sorry I am for your loss, I have read/participated/researched/and most certainly upset many. I want you to know that I did this for Brooke and only Brooke. I am the mother of 2 and I am beside myself as to this outcome and can only hope that those who were involved are brought to justice. My prayers are with all of you.

It's a crime to know a crime is happening against a child and not to take action. It's a crime not to protect your kids. They all saw the signs and did not do anything. That's a crime. Parent's are equally responsible as anyone in a profession that has mandatory reporting. We can argue stupidity or ignorance, it's still a crime. I didn't know doesn't cut it. It was their job to know.

MH - you continue to impress with your fine skills!! The letter is excellent should we do a bulk??

I thought I saw a post today when I was rushing through the threads that the poster "Brooks Aunt" is Brooke's cousin.
I am confused.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

The Mother and Aunt were probably sexually abused as children also. That's the reason they were with these pedophiles. It's sad they didn't get some counseling when they got older. Pedophiles are very smooth about what they do. I am sure the Mom and Aunt had no clue what was going on. I would have a very hard time keeping myself from killing some one for doing that to one of my daughters. I don't think the mom was stupid. I think she was naive.
I think you need to read the affidavits if you have not. The Aunt, in particular, knew for a fact that MJ was having sex in HER bed with her daughter! She came home early from work to find the girl in a towel near the bedroom, dry tub, ky jelly next to her bed, and her husband there. She informed LE on the affidavit that they did not use ky jelly in their "sexual relationship at that time". She also found a dildo in her daughter's room and was told she was keeping it "for a friend". None of this was reported before now. The list goes on...

Yes, the two women may have been sexually abused. (I know many of those who do not put their children into such situations because of it and they didn't "receive help"...they just grew up smarter than their predator.) I think both of the mothers knew exactly what was going on with both of their husbands and their daughters, but literally let it go on not to lose what they deemed as sustaining their lifestyles. They even had a problem bringing themselves to call in LE after 12 hours of Brooke missing! Must have been a reason and it was not because they were naive or because they did not know or suspect the men in their lives. They were PROTECTING them!

The family would like to thank all of you for your support over the last week. The next few days will bwe very difficult but love and family will get us through.

Her soul is safe from harm and always was. God bless you all.

Originally Posted by missVT77
I don't see what good attacking Brooke's mother can do. She made a huge mistake and probably feels the worst and lowest of all human beings on Earth. There is no way she could feel any lower. There is nothing more that can be taken from her.

You can't insult and berate someone into being a smarter, more involved parent. If they are not that way already and naturally, then you can't make them be. The fact is that anyone in this country can have kids for whatever reason they want. Or on accident for no reason at all when they didn't really want them--that happens all the time. Even mentally ill people can have children and raise them to think Elvis is God. As long as the parent is not neglecting or abusing the child by law, which has some pretty lenient standards, they can have however many kids they want. Even if they can't afford to support them and/or are too stupid to raise them correctly they can have 10 kids and the government will support them and do it's best to help raise them.

If you really want to stop it, I think we would need to be like China and put strict limits on who can have children. Maybe everyone is fixed at birth and they have to apply and get approved to have children. Then all kids would at least be on purpose and wanted, for some reason. I think people would appreciate their kids more and take better care of them if they were not so simple to get.

I don't know her, but I've known women like her, and they usually feel more sorry for themselves, and have no shame in what happened, but she's probably embarrassed for herself.
Why didn't she call to report her daughter missing 12 hours? Why did she ask LE not to discuss the "family dynamics" at the presser?
She's all about herself..imo.

Who said anything about doing what China does? Nobody.
The way you get people stop parenting like this mom is to educate about sex offenders and how they are not treatable. Another way to get people to stop neglecting their kids is to call them out on their stupidly when they make very bad decisions.....like allowing their young daughter to hang around a convicted violent sex offender. There isn't anything wrong with shaming someone into feeling guilty. Quilt and shame used to be a good deterrent for bad behavor.
People surrounding women like Cassandra and Denise, who tell them things like, "It's ok, you did your best, your loss is punishment enough", are enablers who are part of the problem.
No matter how poorly people behave there is always someone or even some group to say, "Take it easy on them." Now, everybody is so theraputic and wants to "understand their pain."
I get that pov to some degree, but not when a childs safety is at stake.

jmo

PS.
To the poster who said something about me not blaming the bio dad.
I think it was said by someone who knows him (the poster "Brooks Aunt"), that he had many concerns and didn't want Brooke around uncle. You know, when you are the one who doesn't have custody, it's hard to dictate things like who Brooke can see when she's with the mom. Especially if the uncle served his time and wasn't on any restrictions. Legally, it would have been near impossible to get custody from the mom by claiming the uncle was a danger. Of course common sense knows he is....obviously.
That's why, IMO, he's not as culpable as the mom.

Denise is the mom of A.R and A.R. told LE that 3 men had been molesting her....

Maybe it was the sad excuse for a stepdad's roomy...the one with the child *advertiser censored*.

The Mother and Aunt were probably sexually abused as children also. That's the reason they were with these pedophiles. It's sad they didn't get some counseling when they got older. Pedophiles are very smooth about what they do. I am sure the Mom and Aunt had no clue what was going on. I would have a very hard time keeping myself from killing some one for doing that to one of my daughters. I don't think the mom was stupid. I think she was naive.

You need to read the affidavit. The aunt knew. She chose to ignore it.

MH - you continue to impress with your fine skills!! The letter is excellent should we do a bulk??

If you mean 1 envelope I suggest not. Make them get open each and every one of them.

IIRC, I started a new thread for y'all when I was leaving work at 5pm. I just got home, it's almost 12 and you are at 21 pages.........just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

I am getting ready to start a new thread, warning ;)

slow down fer a sec ;)

MissHolmes-

Color me there with your open letter!

RR- I don't know protocol, or even how to start a discussion thread (shoot- I can't even copy and paste/snip a previous post) but if someone else can, I would LOVE to discuss this further....AND begin to figure out what to do about it in some way!

Amster (your name makes me think of a cute furry animal!), again I didn't mean to insinuate that you were wacko- My mind just went to those who use things being taught/observed in school as a platform for their own beliefs and sue to prohibit people who believe differently than they do from having the OPTION to observe them (ex. Pledge of Allegience, obliteration of the theory of evolution, etc.). I understand not subscribing to those beliefs, and choosing to teach your child what YOU believe in. However, I do think that most children who fall victim to the afore mentioned predators have parents who are not really involved in/could care less about what is/isn't being taught in school and educating kids about boundries would be most benificial. I don't want the baby to be thrown out with the bathwater.

Ya'll I am not intending to get contraversial/politically incorrect, so please don't flame me if you disagree. I know I am getting OT, so I will stop. If someone can start a thread where se can have a discussion like this, I am all over it

Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member