IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does Lukemeyer (sp?) work in Jim Voyles office?? Or is this a new attorney/new strategy perhaps??

Good point and I would think yes, it probably has a lot to do with her change in tone. To talk with a POI face to face for two hours is so significant.

The first thing that came to mind when I read Lukenmeyer's quote about tainting is that JR possibly gave the name of a suspect.

I'm hoping these interviews with him--and anything they gleaned from it--have a lot to do with how quiet the Spierer's have been.

I'm glad the pressure and scrutiny got to him and he finally talked, but damn why couldn't he have done it earlier?!

Wonder is some kind of deal is being worked out, or has been worked out, to give him immunity from civil litigation so he can talk more freely?

Immunity from civil lit has been mentioned here, but I cannot find this ever being done in a case, and don't even know if it is legally possible...

Wonder is some kind of deal is being worked out, or has been worked out, to give him immunity from civil litigation so he can talk more freely?

Immunity from civil lit has been mentioned here, but I cannot find this ever being done in a case, and don't even know if it is legally possible...

I know nothing about this, but do you bring it up because the Spierers' lawyer was also present? I'm curious about their lawyer being involved as well as JR's ... I wonder if that is standard or more to protect the Spierers' interests during questioning.

My speculation was that JR may have provided the family with cause to want to check that area out again for whatever reason. No reason for me to think it means anything more than that, just trying to connect some of the dots.

Besides being en route to JW's, I've always thought the drug dealer could live in the 9th and Walnut/Washington area. I've walked by that area several times and I always get a strong feeling that my hunch is a good one, especially around those older, two-story student rental homes with nice vehicles and Illinois, NY plates.

On Jay Rosenbaum's facebook under Activities and Interests he has listed
Official Lauren Spierer Updates From Her Family. When I first saw this I thought it strange he would list this. I thought he would want to stay as far away from any of this as he could. But now after this story it makes more sense to me. Just hope he has been able to give them info that will help to resolve this.

I think that there are several reasons the Spierers might want their attorney present...

1. to give them a sense of understanding of the "legalese" as to why JR's attorney may not want JR to answer a question.
2. to give them a sense of whether JR is "hedging".
3. to help them to ask questions in a manner that would help them get more direct answers.
4. he may be able to better read through the legal lines and gleam more information than they may have at the time.

I'm sure that I could come up with more if it wasn't 2 AM but I think given the situation, it was probably wise for them to have legal counsel. As a parent in their shoes, my questions might otherwise get off-track and become very much more accusatory, rather than focused with the goal towards getting information. My questions may have yielded defensiveness, whereas an attorney may help me to steer towards my goal.

If JR is guilty then talking with the parents, the PI, and especially coming back to Bloomington for school would add up to being extremely brazen and stupid acts.

A few interesting tidbits in this FOX article: the part about immunity and going before a grand jury and then this rather telling statement from "their spokeswoman." This is the first I've heard of such a person.

"Fox59 contacted Rob and Charlene Spierer for a comment about their meeting with Rosenbaum, but they had none. As for Rosenbaum's interview with The Journal News, their spokeswoman said "Sounds like a lawyer wants to get something out there."

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-rose...urens-disappearance-20111101,0,4796797.column.

On Jay Rosenbaum's facebook under Activities and Interests he has listed
Official Lauren Spierer Updates From Her Family. When I first saw this I thought it strange he would list this. I thought he would want to stay as far away from any of this as he could. But now after this story it makes more sense to me. Just hope he has been able to give them info that will help to resolve this.

Oh, I'm sure he's interested in the family's updates! But not for the same reasons the rest of us are.

Just so everyone is aware on the entry procedures in SW, there is a breezeway and then an open lobby with elevators and the entry to the garage, there is a call box that is linked to all the apartments, so those without keys (guests, delivery people) call up and a phone rings inside the apartment, then the resident answers and lets you up. Then you can press the button inside the elevator to that floor, otherwise you can't get to a floor without a key card.

A few interesting tidbits in this FOX article: the part about immunity and going before a grand jury and then this rather telling statement from "their spokeswoman." This is the first I've heard of such a person.

"Fox59 contacted Rob and Charlene Spierer for a comment about their meeting with Rosenbaum, but they had none. As for Rosenbaum's interview with The Journal News, their spokeswoman said "Sounds like a lawyer wants to get something out there."

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-rose...urens-disappearance-20111101,0,4796797.column.

Interesting. So what do you make of this? To me it sounds like they're implying that JR's lawyer wants to put out there that he passed a poly and is being cooperative. Sounds to me as though they still don't believe him. Having said that, I agree with an earlier poster....if he's innocent, meeting with them certainly is brazen and stupid.

Just so everyone is aware on the entry procedures in SW, there is a breezeway and then an open lobby with elevators and the entry to the garage, there is a call box that is linked to all the apartments, so those without keys (guests, delivery people) call up and a phone rings inside the apartment, then the resident answers and lets you up. Then you can press the button inside the elevator to that floor, otherwise you can't get to a floor without a key card.

Thanks so much for this. OK so this takes me back to one of my recently written posts. Since she had no key, and she supposedly already knew DR wasn't answering his phone, did she really think that Tamir would still be awake, or at least wake up to answer the phone? I am really finding it hard to believe that she intended (or even announced that she was) to leave JR's in the middle of the night, with no keys nor phone, to go back to SW. I think either something happened at JR's or she was headed elsewhere (and perhaps he knew where)

Interesting. So what do you make of this? To me it sounds like they're implying that JR's lawyer wants to put out there that he passed a poly and is being cooperative. Sounds to me as though they still don't believe him. Having said that, I agree with an earlier poster....if he's innocent, meeting with them certainly is brazen and stupid.

It does sound like that. As for JR, I can't help thinking that he may have received the "green light" if you will, as to Lauren's whereabouts and he knows he is safe now. Along those lines anyway...maybe less dramatic than that. Bottom line this is all about him so the public will give him a pass and I'm not willing to do that.

Bottom line this is all about him so the public will give him a pass and I'm not willing to do that.

Glad to hear you say that... I had that same feeling... his "interview" hasn't changed anything for me...

Glad to hear you say that... I had that same feeling... his "interview" hasn't changed anything for me...
I would agree.This guy has had months to go over his story with his lawyer.Which in my opinion is one of the reasons it took him so long to talk to the parents.Also it is not like there is anyone around to dispute his version of the events.I also do not know a PD that would be satisfied with a lie detector test that was given when they did not at least have their own examiner in the room to observe and witness the results.

I'd like to know why on earth would LE refuse JR's offer to provide DNA? They would have to have been absolutely certain he was not involved--which is obviously not the case--to say nah, we don't need your DNA. Or, was it so early in the case at a point when they mistakenly assumed she must be passed out at someone else's apartment or something like that?

I'd like to know why on earth would LE refuse JR's offer to provide DNA? They would have to have been absolutely certain he was not involved--which is obviously not the case--to say nah, we don't need your DNA. Or, was it so early in the case at a point when they mistakenly assumed she must be passed out at someone else's apartment or something like that?

I'm with you on this. If I remember correctly CR and MB provided DNA. So why not collect DNA from the person who claims he saw her leaving his place at 4:30 in the morning.

The DNA is a head-scratcher, no doubt. As is the "spokeswoman's" comment about JR's lawyer. Interesting...

I continue to be so frustrated at work at home, anywhere I'm on my computer reading about LS. This situation is turning icy cold. At what point does LE start to divulge more details? I know one thing. Withholding details is not working! So...? LE, your move...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong