UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Unfortunately some people are using this situation to "prove" their own theories.
You really expect people not to comment on this? It is a reason for all that C did on that Fri/Sat and is completely relevant to everything since IMHO. TW q & a is forgotten in an instance. This is much more relevant and there will be 90k more questions to come. You cannot keep the lid on forever.

I am not going to try use this to prove what I think happened as ive always thought in the area or walked home had an accident but this news could be for a reason .......... Just throwing it out there so please don't have tell me off :blushing: if the family started to think he was AWOL would they think this news would help would this news pinch at a person who knows something to come forward ??
I think this might be more aimed at a perpetrator. It would certainly increase the guilt they must be feeling (assuming there is one).

Blimey...That's a shocker, certainly wasn't expecting that one! That's really swayed my opinion of the whole thing now! I was dead set on accident with a hook up gone wrong as a close second...Now I'm thinking last minute AWOL.

<modsnip>

We've discussed the AWOL possibility on many occasions here, but it's always foundered on there not being an obvious reason for him to go AWOL. Suddenly we have a credible motive. Getting your girlfriend pregnant is a pretty big motive IF you're not ready to settle down.

This is potentially key information that could have a significant effect on the handling of the enquiry.

It might also explain why the RAF have left him unofficially as missing rather than listed him officially AWOL - to give him time to get his head together. Then events got out of hand.

<modsnip>

We've discussed the AWOL possibility on many occasions here, but it's always foundered on there not being an obvious reason for him to go AWOL. Suddenly we have a credible motive. Getting your girlfriend pregnant is a pretty big motive IF you're not ready to settle down.

This is potentially key information that could have a significant effect on the handling of the enquiry.

It might also explain why the RAF have left him unofficially as missing rather than listed him officially AWOL - to give him time to get his head together. Then events got out of hand.

Especially considering we know from faqs he was active on dating sites, his family have spoken about how he was lucky with ladies. He clearly liked a drink and a good time. I'm sure babies weren't on his to do list right this minute. It's a big shock to take in, in a different way for a male. It's a person you have to support and be responsible for. A huge deal at 23.

We have spoken before in the pass were a lot of people who bring the victim down ie Gay/ hook up and not saying it all came from in here as a lot as been on the group we cannot name but is this to bring some normality back to Corrie for example he defo cant be gay and cant of been a hook up etc I'm just putting MO out there I'm just so shocked

<modsnip>

Good points, especially last para.

I think there is something underlying in a few of these comments that seem to be inferring Corrie has perhaps not behaved well with this young woman. Can't we leave out misandrist/chivalrous comments and just go on what we know? We've all had bad experiences with men and women in the past, but I've no time for "let's assume the worst, it's a man!" misandry.

I don't think that's a fair comment, unless some posts have been deleted, I think people are being pretty balanced

JMO

I am not going to try use this to prove what I think happened as ive always thought in the area or walked home had an accident but this news could be for a reason .......... Just throwing it out there so please don't have tell me off :blushing: if the family started to think he was AWOL would they think this news would help would this news pinch at a person who knows something to come forward ??
Yes bby, I agree , its called emotional blackmail, pulling at heartstrings . IDk what to make of it tbh.

I feel a bit led up the garden path with this case. I began to lose interest last night after I saw a video that changed things (I know I can't discuss). It's all a bit annoying, but I think I will have to keep following it now!

We can discuss now, it's been overtaken by events but it's up on the website now

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I don't think a pregnancy is a motive for awol. The lady in question discusses making a decision with Corrie so she does seem the type that would have sat down with Corrie and discussed if they both wanted the child and what options they would have. I think someone dead set against abortion would not bring up the idea of any decision.

I couldn't believe it when I read the news earlier. I don't think Nicola knew from the start and I know it's bitter sweet but I'm so happy for them. I think Nicola is prob aware people will say things like - why say he was single etc... But she is probably in shock and hasn't known that long. Not many families of missing people have this chance, and I think it's so lovely. Let's keep going with all of your hard work to find him - I've read all the threads since the start and you've all done a fabulous job trying hard with the timings and theories. I'm sure the family and new private search team have read all that you say and have used your information for their own investigations. I hope he is found soon. X

Wouldn't he go out and celebrate with her though?
She was away wasn't she? This could have been his first weekend off since finding out. Will be awful if he has just had an accident on the way home after celebrating that news.

I apologise, I'll go back and edit - the "if" was missed by me

No problem. Suddenly we have a new piece of information to work with and things are moving pretty fast here.

I don't think a pregnancy is a motive for awol. The lady in question discusses making a decision with Corrie so she does seem the type that would have sat down with Corrie and discussed if they both wanted the child and what options they would have. I think someone dead set against abortion would not bring up the idea of any decision.

But we don't know what Corrie made of it, or would make of it if he knew. He might have been pleased, or he might have been horrified. We don't know if this was a balanced relationship. Did he think it was as serious as she seems to have done? What if she really thought this was it - wedding bells and happy families, but he was not ready to settle down and really wanted her to have an abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993