GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-reading some Mirror pieces from the last couple of days; Peter Kirkham, retired deputy chief inspector analyzing the case for the paper made this point:

“Strangulation leaves virtually no trace at the scene. Without CCTV, an eye-witness or a confession, it is possible police will never know for sure where Jo was killed.
and also
“A sexually motivated attack doesn’t necessarily leave a trace. The SIO has nothing to rule it in or out and can’t afford to make an assumption either way.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/2011/0...ops-said-at-press-conference-115875-22826905/

I
BLINKING

In the video (1.11-1.25) at one point Greg is blinking furiously (1.24)]

I understand what you say about the hands, but Jo's mum is blinking too. He's crying. They all knew she was dead at that point even if they hadn't found the body.

Scott

Many, many crimes similar to this, where the end result is a deceased female are 'an abduction, rape and murder.'

So what would this crime be classed as?

1: A murder.
2: An abduction and murder?
3: An abduction, attempted rape and murder?

Then there is the 'if I can't have you then nobody can' trigger for this murder.

Is there a possibility this is a serial killer's first strike?

I am really struggling to find a motive for this crime.

Hi, im new here, been following this thread for a few days now and its really baffling. It's such a tragedy and i hope the police solve it so her family can have some sort of closure. I know my opinion means nothing but i can't help but think that it is someone who knew her (maybe a facebook friend, but not a close friend who was infatuated with her and knew greg would be going away for the weekend) went round tried it on but got rejected and went into a rage. Anyways thats just my theory. Just want to say R.I.P Jo, this case has bothered me and i hope they catch whoever did this x

Well, let me just point out the difficulties with this theory, Destroyer.

1. Corpse wearing Friday's clothes.
2. Mobile phone records no outgoing calls or texts during weekend.
3. Murderer has to bank on no one having seen Joanna alive during the weekend - but he cannot possibly know that this is so, even in the unlikely event that it is.

Or are you suggesting that she was bound and gagged or drugged during Greg's absence ?

No i am not suggesting that at all ??

Can someone please direct me to the source that says she was found in Friday's clothes. I didn't know that this had been released.

I noticed this bit of information jigzy, I did nt know this has been released, I can't say I have seen it anywhere?

I'm thinking it hasn't - at least I haven't found it, and I sorted through some Mail articles just now. First nothing, then "fully clothed," then "fully clothed but no coat" then "and no shoes and missing one sock."

Still looking though.

For clarity I'm not suggesting that it has been released, just wondering what the source is as I haven't heard the LE say that she was wearing Friday's clothes.
It was I who posted that JY living until Sunday was, imo, a possibility, but if she was definitely found in the clothes she wore for work on Friday then that make that idea unlikely.

:)

I dont think it has been clarrified as to whether or not Jo was wearing the same clothes, but for some reason i presume she was ??

Also the Police do state that Jo was not seen or from since around about 8.45pm Friday 17th Dec, but that doesnt mean she was dead by the next morning or still alive Sunday evening ??

If Jo was still alive at 8pm Sunday 19th Dec it can only be one person in my eyes that carried out this murderest act ......

We know that Gregg said she didnt respond to his calls & texts, but did she recieve calls & text from anyone else that weekend ??

& if so, was her mobile switched on & still holding a charge ??

Hi, im new here, been following this thread for a few days now and its really baffling. It's such a tragedy and i hope the police solve it so her family can have some sort of closure. I know my opinion means nothing but i can't help but think that it is someone who knew her (maybe a facebook friend, but not a close friend who was infatuated with her and knew greg would be going away for the weekend) went round tried it on but got rejected and went into a rage. Anyways thats just my theory. Just want to say R.I.P Jo, this case has bothered me and i hope they catch whoever did this x

Hi Cheryl, and welcome to WS.

I dont think it has been clarrified as to whether or not Jo was wearing the same clothes, but for some reason i presume she was ??

Yeah, for some reason I presumed she was, too. I wound up looking through most of the post-25 December (when body was found) articles in the Daily Mail, the Mirror, and the Daily Express, figuring maybe the tabloids would have some comment about it from some unnamed source (as they're prone to do), but couldn't find a word about what particular clothes she was wearing when found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ice-trace-200-contacts.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Not my favourite paper in the UK ( far from it), but a very interesting article. Especially regarding the screams which were allegedly heard coming from the vicinity of Joanna's flat.

From Cadfael's find:

Police are increasingly convinced the 25-year-old was killed by someone who knew her and was possibly welcomed into her rented flat in Bristol while her boyfriend was away for the weekend.
---
Importantly for the police investigation, her ‘security settings’ on the site – designed to restrict access by other Facebook users not in that list – were set quite low, meaning almost anyone with a computer had access to her site.
---
A police source said: ‘Outside of a domestic incident, it is highly unusual for a woman to be attacked or killed in her own home.

‘Although the investigation is taking a total open mind, this would generally indicate that her killer knew her and she at least knew of them.

This could be somebody who she was just introduced to once and knew friends of friends, but was aware of her movements that weekend.’

Wfgodot: I also presumed that she was in the same clothes as the ones she had been wearing Friday, and cannot find any source which backs up this data?! If she were in the clothes from Friday night however this does not mean she was taken that Friday night, lets be honest who hasnt worn the same outfit a few times over? Especially after a night out!

Wfgodot: I also presumed that she was in the same clothes as the ones she had been wearing Friday, and cannot find any source which backs up this data?! If she were in the clothes from Friday night however this does not mean she was taken that Friday night, lets be honest who hasnt worn the same outfit a few times over? Especially after a night out!

Quite often i have worn the same top/bottoms twice before putting them in the wash, especially a nice warm jumper - whats wrong with that ??

Quite often i have worn the same top/bottoms twice before putting them in the wash, especially a nice warm jumper - whats wrong with that ??

My point exactly! The events could have happened on the Saturday or Sunday. Until we really know how long she had been dead for before she was found then the chance to rule out the endless scenarios will not occur.

Read today that police are searching drains for her other sock, what happened to that article in the sun saying a man had given a sock to the police? one minute the article was there and the next it has disappeared.

Funny enough i bought myself some ski socks that week in Sportsworld for £2.99 , they were very nice and warm to wear, made my feet sweat a bit mind you. However, mine are navy blue.

Read today that police are searching drains for her other sock, what happened to that article in the sun saying a man had given a sock to the police? one minute the article was there and the next it has disappeared.

Welcome to the Websleuths community Cheryl,

i am sure the article is still around, i saw a picture of the guy earlier talking to a policeman.

I am convinced this crime will be solved.

Reading between the lines I'm convinced the police have the perpetrator's DNA and they know it is a male.
Now they have to build a case and find him. DNA alone isn't enough if you want to be sure of your case.

I still don't understand why she was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member