2010.06.19 ~ Kyron Horman's Blended Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a "blended" family when your good friend moves in with your ex-husband immediately after your marriage has dissolved and becomes his lover. This is called something else that I can't type here. LOL
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Will it blend smoothly? HE** NO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1ckCkm8YI

Imo, it would also explain Desiree's demeanor at the first press conference, for those of us who picked up an 'iciness' from her towards Terri.

Edit to add, it looks like I missed something. Were Desiree and Terri friends before the marriage break-ups?

Can the title of this thread be edited? Its confusing to me that the title is in regards to a 6/19 news article from one source and discussion is now regarding a 6/23 article from somewhere else.

After reading so many posts and articles about the family dynamics, I am starting to get VERY confused, lol. That bothers me. If I cannot keep the family history straight, who's to say it was easy for them to keep up appearances and maintain civil relationships?

We have several bio-parents in the picture, several step parents, several marriages, moving around families, new dads, new moms, new babies, child support, and according to Kristian Horman, Kyron's paternal uncle, a family history of sex abuse, of which he participates in. What a WHIRLWIND.

This kind of family situation seems to make for an easy target for child abduction---no matter who the perp is. There is a lot going on, a lot of people, and lots of distraction.

Please do not take this to mean all blended families cause problems...I am simply discussing this one in particular.

Although there is no perfect family IMO; these articles about the family background are very sad and troubling. Thinking about Kyron.:praying:

Ok, I am a product of a "so-called" blended family. My Mom was having an affair with my Step-Dad while they were both married. He had several children. I'm not sure if this is how all blended families are, but ours was not blended so well. Once they divorced and married each other, there was tons of resentments against his children and us. She wanted him to be a father to us, which we didn't want, and he resented her spending any time with us at all. He was very attached to his children and my Mom hated that. We were all older when this happened and not little kids like Kyron. I just think it's extremely hard to blend a family, someone is always resentful. Now that SM had her own child, and she does seem a bit spoiled, maybe Kyron didn't fit into that picture of the perfect family. Who knows?

One more thing, did anyone get the impression that Desiree (BM) was directing her sad, sad letter toward SM? I don't know why I felt that way, but I did. Did anyone else???

Ok, I am a product of a "so-called" blended family. My Mom was having an affair with my Step-Dad while they were both married. He had several children. I'm not sure if this is how all blended families are, but ours was not blended so well. Once they divorced and married each other, there was tons of resentments against his children and us. She wanted him to be a father to us, which we didn't want, and he resented her spending any time with us at all. He was very attached to his children and my Mom hated that. We were all older when this happened and not little kids like Kyron. I just think it's extremely hard to blend a family, someone is always resentful. Now that SM had her own child, and she does seem a bit spoiled, maybe Kyron didn't fit into that picture of the perfect family. Who knows?

BBM

Perhaps she felt it 'unfair' that her son had to be sent to live elsewhere while Kyron was allowed to stay? (them both being a 'stepchild' to both parents) just a thought.

ok, honestly, I'm not troubled by this family's history ... no family is perfect and many have scandalous secrets they hide from public view

I don't feel like the uncle had anything to do with Kyron disappearing

I want to know more about TH's personal history b/c I really feel that is more relevant ... but not on this thread (and all in good time) :innocent:

So is TH's son the one living with grandparents? Is he also the one who was on the camping trip with his bio-dad when the disappearance went down?

everything is so confusing in this case. It is like a circus gone bad. SOOOO SAD for Kyron :(

I want to know more about TH's personal history b/c I really feel that is more relevant ... but not on this thread (and all in good time)

I agree with this.

that article sure paints a different picture than we have all be led to believe.

that article sure paints a different picture than we have all be led to believe.

Unfortunately for me, it didn't. Too much silence and too much of LE saying 'no comment' when any questions were asked. Made me all the more suspicious. This case is atypical on so many levels.

Wow, a month after Desiree filed for divorce, she filed a restraining order against Kaine because she feared he would remove the children from their residence. (according to the wweek.com article)

I don't see anything nefarious about that at the beginning of a custody issue and divorce. It isn't uncommon for the Judge to rule that neither parent can take the children without the other parent's consent and this is how the Judge ruled in Kaine and Desiree's case.

The Judge probably also told them that neither one could remove any property from the home other than their own personal property such as clothing etc.

It seems once Kyron went to live with Kaine the transition was a smooth one.

IMO

I do not place much importance on the RO issue in this article. I have worked in family law for many years and in cases where one or both parents have verbalized that they will take the children and/or prevent the other one from seeing them, it is very normal to ask for an RO. IMO, its more telling that the the RO DY sought was not based on her feeling as if she or the children were in danger or being threatned by KH in any way. The article goes on to say that an RO was issued, but against both parents from removing them from the State. This was probably the result of an angry exchange between DY and KH and is very common in divorce situations.

Please do not speculate whether other minor children were abused. The less we mention minors, the better. They are too young to process our discussions and the family could very well be reading here.

I don't think the article was harmful to any of the family. Shows they are human with past problems like a lot of divorces bring.

I am sure we all know how custody issues and divorces can go and I know several that got an injunction so that the children couldn't be taken without the other one's permission. It is standard that the Judge will apply it to both parents unless there is some reason why they shouldnt and that is usually due to abuse but there is nothing mentioning abuse by KH. In her divorce she just cited irreconcilable differences. The Judge stipulated both parties in his order.

And she sure had to think Kaine was not an abusive man or she would have gone back to court getting full custody of Kyron and that didn't happen and he has been in Kaine's care for years now.

What exes did 6 years ago when much time has past now is not relevant to finding Kyron, imo.

Guess it is a slow news day for WW since LE isn't talking so they start peering into the family's personal past lives years ago.

IMO

I don't think the article was harmful to any of the family. Shows they are human with past problems like a lot of divorces bring.

I am sure we all know how custody issues and divorces can go and I know several that got an injunction so that the children couldn't be taken without the other one's permission. It is standard that the Judge will apply it to both parents unless there is some reason why they shouldnt and that is usually due to abuse but there is nothing mentioning abuse by KH. In her divorce she just cited irreconcilable differences. The Judge stipulated both parties in his order.

And she sure had to think Kaine was not an abusive man or she would have gone back to court getting full custody of Kyron and that didn't happen and he has been in Kaine's care for years now.

What exes did 6 years ago when much time has past now is not relevant to finding Kyron, imo.

Guess it is a slow news day for WW since LE isn't talking so they start peering into the family's personal past lives years ago.

IMO
Hi Oceanblueeyes, I get what you are saying they are human with past problems like a lot of divorces bring as you said. But, these other divorcees are not missing children, so we have to focus on this family, no? I really like reading your posts as they make me think of the other possibilities.

I am not as sure as you this article doesn't bring up possible issues. I am going to add in the last article (regarding history) into my thoughts that includes the DUI, beginning relationship, SM is on 3rd marriage; not even including the FB debate, let alone what LE is telling us; Kryron is Missing/Endangered, no abduction classification.

I don't want to have suspicions about SM, but she was the last person to see him and what would raise a red flag??? I ask seriously. I understand we don't want to vilify someone, but on the other hand do you want to defend a possible suspect??? Not sure where anyone (myself included) draws the line...just food for thought. It is possible the past "is" relevant in finding Kyron. We all want the Kyron found and the right person found & held to justice. But most importantly we need Kyron to be found and SM "could" be the answer or could provide clues. IMO LE is telling everyone the facts; Endangered Missing; otherwise they would say Abduction.

Hi Oceanblueeyes, I get what you are saying they are human with past problems like a lot of divorces bring as you said. But, these other divorces are not missing children, so we have to focus on this family, no? I really like reading your posts as they make me think of the other possibilities.

I am not as sure as you this article doesn't bring up possible issues. I am going to add in the last article (regarding history) into my thoughts that includes the DUI, beginning relationship, SM is on 3rd marriage; not even including the FB debate, let alone what LE is telling us; Kryron is Missing/Endangered, no abduction classification.

I don't want to have suspicions about SM, but she was the last person to see him and what would raise a red flag??? I ask seriously. I understand we don't want to vilify someone, but on the other hand do you want to defend a possible suspect??? Not sure where anyone (myself included) draws the line...just food for thought. It is possible the past "is" relevant in finding Kyron. We all want the Kyron found and the right person found & held to justice. But most importantly we need Kyron to be found and SM "could" be the answer or could provide clues. IMO LE is telling everyone the facts; Endangered Missing; otherwise they would say Abduction.

Nice to "see" you Dee.

But see we don't really know if she was the last one to see Kyron. The police have said that she was the last to see him BEFORE he disappeared. He did not say she was the last one to see him WHEN he disappeared. That is the problem we know very little. We do not know what the questionnaires have disclosed now or what LE has further learned since receiving them.

I don't call it defending a possible suspect because at this time I don't have a clue who the possible suspects really are. I want to wait before I leap and know there is probable cause for an arrest no matter who it turns out to be.

I do this because I think I owe Kyron this much. I don't see a mother who has ever been accused of neglect/abandonment or abuse when it comes to Terri and Kyron. I don't see TH as some diabolical monster.

I did see on another site tonight where someone transcribed what the police answered to the KOIN news reporters tonight and they had a different tone, imo.

The reporters did ask if this was an abduction but this time they said they cannot comment, even though they said at first they had ruled out an abduction, but the police added once again tonight that it is very important for parents to teach their children about stranger/danger. I am paraphrasing from memory since I don't think we are allowed to link to another message board. So this time they did not rule out an abduction.

How many times has Desiree been married? She has a 15 year old son. Then she had Kyron with Kaine when they were married and now she is married to Tony. So I am not sure what three relationships have to do with Kyron being missing. Since Kaine has had Kyron for years these families seems to have transitioned very well.

Just because people have divorces in their past doesn't mean it has anything to do with their child being missing now. Mark Lunsford was divorced too so I fail to understand why you think being divorced plays into this.

Until there is evidence then I would rather play it safe. I did the same with Mark Lunsford, Steve Greone, Jennifer Wilbanks' fiancée, Dan Horowitz, Beth Smith's husband and I have never regretted one moment for standing up for those people.

There will be plenty of time for me to rake Terri over the coals if she is arrested and charged. Until then I will not accuse any of Kyron's family of wrongdoing when I have no proof at this time supporting it.

All the red flags were supposed to be in the other cases too that I have mentioned above. Anyone can think anything is suspicious if that is what they are looking to find.

The DUI from 5 years ago is irrelevant to me. Terri evidently learned her lesson. She has had no DUI since then.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member