State v Bradley Cooper 3-21-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - it is good form to prove that ALL leads, no matter how obviously unrelated - were checked out.

All 42 residents of Fielding Drive interviewed, and old nasty men's running shoe, anything - was looked at for evidential validity.

So far nothing about any other suspects - but I expect that to be in the defense portion.

I interpreted it as just a rabbit trail on the part of the defense to plant the seed she could have been wearing it and her "attacker" tore it from her body.:innocent:

I think that was the point Sleuthygal was making. jmo

Yes, I actually agree with SG as to why they were introduced by the prosecution. I accidentally quoted the post below the one I had intended to quote, and by the time I fixed it, you'd responded. (Sorry!)

It was GR's post I intended to quote and refer to--all fixed now.

OK, they are back, and I missed who this witness is?

What is going on? This has got to be the slowest trial in history.

Goodness, these long drawn out pauses by the prosecution just make them seem so inept!! I know he is trying to get this evidence in correct numerical order, but why didn't he do that first thing this morning!!!!!!

I think it is so interesting how different people view the attorneys. There has been some talk about Cummings(think that is his name) being slow etc. To me, I think he comes across as thoughtful and careful. Just think shows the importance of the person/persons handling the case.

So, so far today there is nothing new. Am I missing something? I have not been able to listen to the whole thing but not seeing much discussion going on about anything.

So now we know for sure that they have both earrings. They have been introduced seperately as pieces of evidence by the prosecution.

So, so far today there is nothing new. Am I missing something? I have not been able to listen to the whole thing but not seeing much discussion going on about anything.

For me today's theme is ....Defense lied to you jurors. We collected all evidence at the scene and followed up on calls not limited to even some soiled toilet paper.

Goodness, these long drawn out pauses by the prosecution just make them seem so inept!! I know he is trying to get this evidence in correct numerical order, but why didn't he do that first thing this morning!!!!!!

He may be an excellent ADA but ever since he questioned the ME last week he has driven me insane with his hmms and umms......and terribly long pauses. He even drags out his own simple questions. He gives me the impression he is not prepared. I know there are a lot of terribly important facts that need to be pointed out, evidence that needs to be introduced, etc. but his delivery is just so slow.
The younger, male, ADA appears sharper, quicker, and so well prepared in the few times he has examined his witnesses or spoken.

I think they said the evidence was never TESTED, not that it wasn't collected. Collecting evidence doesn't do you any good if it's not tested. But I may be wrong, and I don't want to listen to the openings again.

Also, why does it matter if they followed up on discarded shoes if they didn't follow up for 3 months with people who said they saw Nancy jogging?

For me today's theme is ....Defense lied to you jurors. We collected all evidence at the scene and followed up on calls not limited to even some soiled toilet paper.

Yeah, it seems that way. It seems like by now they would be bringing up some real evidence. Are they trying to suggest the wire could be the murder weapon possibly?

I feel the same and I hope the jury is making the connection as well. I am so afraid they may lose parts of various testimony and not recall the important points the prosecution are making. It will be so very important for the prosecution to wrap everything up, neatly and succinctly, in their closing arguments so that all of the dots are connected and the jury begins deliberation with this realization.

Sent for further testing.

Hmmm, I guess stuff was tested.

So hoping Nancy got her nails dug into whoever did this....

Maybe they have to present all the items and how they obtained them before they can share the results. Maybe they will be sharing the findings next?

According to the opening statement, the items collected from the crime scene included 2 pieces of wire which were never tested, and 1 cigarette butt, which was tested a year later, and the results came back a few weeks ago. Nothing else from the crime scene was tested. No footprint impressions were made, no measurements taken of the footprints, despite taking 2 pairs of shoes to compare. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of this has come out to be correct.

And if I am remembering the opening correctly, there was no DNA under her fingernails, not even her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member