CA CA - Los Angeles, WhtMale 30-45, UP3713, cyanide suicide in hotel room, Oct'93

Snufamonbobball

But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1993-09767.jpg
    1993-09767.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 444
  • SDurkin3.jpg
    SDurkin3.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 443
  • SDurkin.jpg
    SDurkin.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 266
I think the men look similar. With the passport missing and the car being abandoned at Heathrow, it's possible that Mr Durkin could be anywhere (I know they say he could have been seen in Crete, but I think it's possible he could have also traveled to the US.)

I think the chin area looks similar, the noses of both men seem turned down at the tip (there is a photo of Mr Durkin's profile on the Doe page), and the eyes look as though they could be similar in shape and size.

I'm sure someone with better skills at this will chime in. :blowkiss:

Believe chimed in before I could finish typing! I knew someone with wisdom would be here.

I can't believe I can't find a profile anywhere! :behindbar All I can find is Mr. Durkin has blue eyes and brown hair, which is what the decedant has also.

Maybe his wife doesn't remember anymore and they don't want people to exclude possiblities based on her memory, we have all seen height and weight estimations that are way off, so i guess in that context it makes sense.

Snufamonbobball

From our local paper..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dorset/content/articles/2005/12/13/missing_persons_dorset_feature.shtml

And more from the respected Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...r-names-the-people-who-disappear-1505851.html

He seems to have maybe had hidden money troubles...
I need to read more but I wonder about the steep, unstable cliffs at Burton and the treacherous sea, recently a womans car was found in the sea, along with the missing driver, months after she disappeared. Sea doesn't like to give up its dead here.
I am waffling off the top of my head and need to read more:)

ETA I have a mole in Burton, will ask him on monday what he thinks

It is the COD that intrigues me. Cyanide poisoning? This is a tough way to go...in my mind it is reserved for spies and serial killers who are trying to avoid their fate...you know, the net is closing in type stuff.

While they look similiar what stood out to me most was the UID's hair looks considerably thinner than the missing man, who clearly has thicker wavy hair. While the UID's hair could be 'matted' from not being clean, I don't think it would appear straigther and thinner than the missing mans.

jmo of course. but that stood out mostly to me.

From our local paper..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dorset/content/articles/2005/12/13/missing_persons_dorset_feature.shtml

And more from the respected Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...r-names-the-people-who-disappear-1505851.html

He seems to have maybe had hidden money troubles...
I need to read more but I wonder about the steep, unstable cliffs at Burton and the treacherous sea, recently a womans car was found in the sea, along with the missing driver, months after she disappeared. Sea doesn't like to give up its dead here.
I am waffling off the top of my head and need to read more:)

ETA I have a mole in Burton, will ask him on monday what he thinks

I believe his car was found at Heathrow airport- not that that means jack squat with someone who is missing.:rolleyes:

I have a very stupid question please ignore if it's too outrageous.

The gentleman that was found in LA county USA ~ I don't see any dental details listed UID for the LA County USA man.

I'm not familiar with UK. I did live in Europe for three and half years (I know it's not the same as UK :)) but I wonder what the dental details revealed in the UID found in LA USA?

Because at times, when comparing dental work from USA to Europe there can be marked differences in the detailing and materials used.

I think that the UID and the missing man are close enough in resemblence (even with the discrepancy in height) to look further into if this is a match.

I am only suggesting looking to see if there are dental details for the UID, that might give a clue as to what nationality or where this UID might have gotten dental work done. KWIM?

Sorry for the ramble, I saw an email as a point of contact on the Namus and thought questions might be able to be submitted through that email address.

What strikes me are his lips. Having used cyanide they certainly have a rosy hue to them- and you can really see their shape. Take a look at the lips on the picture of Mr. Durkin where he is straight on-- maybe I'm just wanting to see something, but they look more than a little alike to me.

As for the dentals, I have no clue, I thought the P stood for missing post mortem- somehow I don't think he removed all his teeth just before his death- but maybe he wanted to eliminate the possibility dentals could be used for identification purposes- would you just ask if his dentals showed that the work could have been done in another country?

Snufamonbobball

What strikes me are his lips. Having used cyanide they certainly have a rosy hue to them- and you can really see their shape. Take a look at the lips on the picture of Mr. Durkin where he is straight on-- maybe I'm just wanting to see something, but they look more than a little alike to me.

As for the dentals, I have no clue, I thought the P stood for missing post mortem- somehow I don't think he removed all his teeth just before his death- but maybe he wanted to eliminate the possibility dentals could be used for identification purposes- would you just ask if his dentals showed that the work could have been done in another country?

Snufamonbobball

That struck me too snufamonboball. The IUD's coloring isn't what I would have expected for a cyanide poisoning.

So of course I had to go look it up. I found one article that gave a possible description of post mortem appeareance of cyanide poisoning.

http://cyanidepoisoning.blogspot.com/2004/10/autopsy-finding.html

As for the questioning of the dental work. I think someone else here would have more experience and knowledge on how to pose a question about dental work to the person at the email.

I rarely, if ever, do any work on the UID's here. I focus more on the missing/support forum.

Good luck and I hope you have been able to identify this man.

Did it say what was the make of the car?

I believe one of the articles (in a posting above) said his vehicle was a Volvo. That is the one found at the airport.
The unidentified was man had a key to a BMW.

I agree about the lips looking so similar. My mole in Burton is in Ireland ATM, when he is back, I will ask him what he knows:)

I agree about the lips looking so similar. My mole in Burton is in Ireland ATM, when he is back, I will ask him what he knows:)

Very much appreciated! Thank You Badhorsie.
Snufamonbobball

I think the resemblance is very good. I am not too concerned about a possible height difference as those have been known to be way off. The desperate situation of the missing could very easily lead to an eventual suicide. The cyanide thing is really strange though.

One way to find out if he is from UK is to ask the ME office about the area where he would have gotten his vacinatation as a child. It is a well know fact that more folks from UK have a big hole in that area from the vac. shots. My husband is from UK and he has a big hole and so does his sister and mom. Hope this helps.

One way to find out if he is from UK is to ask the ME office about the area where he would have gotten his vacinatation as a child. It is a well know fact that more folks from UK have a big hole in that area from the vac. shots. My husband is from UK and he has a big hole and so does his sister and mom. Hope this helps.

Seif, are you talking about the marking that comes from a smallpox vaccination? If the UID was at the later end of the age ranges given on the NamUS site (30-45), it is still possible that the mark is from him having received that vaccination here in the US too. My Mother, Father, Aunts, and Uncles all had one on their upper arms. Although I wonder, would the vaccination been given in another portion of the body in the UK/Europe? I know that when I was working in a pediatrician's office, we gave all of our shots either in the thighs or the deltiods (upper arm muscle).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox_vaccine

Note in the Wikipedia article it looks like the vaccination was given in the upper scapula area... Interesting... Or is that just a poorly cropped picture and it really is the deltiod... Man, i shouldnt be looking at this stuff at 3:30 in the morning... LOL

Seif, are you talking about the marking that comes from a smallpox vaccination? If the UID was at the later end of the age ranges given on the NamUS site (30-45), it is still possible that the mark is from him having received that vaccination here in the US too. My Mother, Father, Aunts, and Uncles all had one on their upper arms. Although I wonder, would the vaccination been given in another portion of the body in the UK/Europe? I know that when I was working in a pediatrician's office, we gave all of our shots either in the thighs or the deltiods (upper arm muscle).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox_vaccine

Note in the Wikipedia article it looks like the vaccination was given in the upper scapula area... Interesting... Or is that just a poorly cropped picture and it really is the deltiod... Man, i shouldnt be looking at this stuff at 3:30 in the morning... LOL

I have a scar from small pox too but there's are really big and deep. I tell you what when my hubby get's home tonight I will get a pic. of his and post it. You will know what I mean when you see it. It almost looks as if someone had cut out a section of his arm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back