TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to give everyone a "heads up"... the missingtrio.com site has been ever so slightly updated. I don't see any new info there but the date on the bottom didn't use to include 2009 and there seems to be some newer code within the site in general. Perhaps Rusty is around??

Hey all..I just got off the phone with Rusty. The main reason there hasn't been any updates in a few years is because the police have requested that it stay out of the media. They are still actively investigating and even used ground penetrating radar on someone's yard recently. We didn't get to talk long but he did make it clear that at this point he doesn't want me to reveal anything here, so I am certainly going to respect that. But he did say that there is a lot going on with the investigation and no one known from the case has been ruled out as a suspect. Rusty and I are going to get together at the end of May to discuss this some more and we plan to talk via email more in the coming days. Though I won't reveal anything he asks me not to, I will try to update you folks as much as I can.

Thanks for letting us know, TexasSandman. It's good to hear that you've talked with Rusty and that something is going on regarding the case/investigation. I can certainly understand keeping his confidence.

Please do pass on to him, tho, that "we" are hoping for resolution for his and all families involved.

I certainly hope something breaks in this case!

Hey all..I just got off the phone with Rusty. The main reason there hasn't been any updates in a few years is because the police have requested that it stay out of the media. They are still actively investigating and even used ground penetrating radar on someone's yard recently. We didn't get to talk long but he did make it clear that at this point he doesn't want me to reveal anything here, so I am certainly going to respect that. But he did say that there is a lot going on with the investigation and no one known from the case has been ruled out as a suspect. Rusty and I are going to get together at the end of May to discuss this some more and we plan to talk via email more in the coming days. Though I won't reveal anything he asks me not to, I will try to update you folks as much as I can.

Still thinking of these girls and their loved ones. I hope there are some answers coming sometime soon.

I am very excited to hear that the police are still actively pursuing this case and that perhaps some progress has been made. This has troubled for so long. I do hope that there will be answers for the families most especially.

Thank you for the update, TexasSandman, and it's great that you respect Rusty's decision not to divulge any information that would compromise this.

Something hit me the other day: It sounds like Rachel was very attached to her two-year-old stepson and would never have allowed any harm to come to him. If she saw someone she knew kill an innocent nine-year-old in cold blood, she wouldn't run away and not even call her family to warn them they had a child-killer in their midst who might target Tommy's son next! Even if that person had her convinced she'd be blamed for Julie's death and she felt the need to run, IMHO she'd have at least called someone in the family like Tommy's ex-wife. I think if Rachel is still alive that would indicate Debra and Tommy are both innocent.

Like Princess Rose said, it makes no sense that the gas station employee didn't report a possible double murder (and rape, as the man's boss made that comment about "getting a little.") I haven't listened to the interview yet but will very soon; did the former employee notice anything unusual about the girls' demeanor the next morning? They were likely very sad or terrified depending on what they'd witnessed the day before.

IMHO the gas station scenario makes more sense than the idea they were harmed by someone they knew, though I don't see why the owner would write a fake letter from Rachel and mail it to her house. It is interesting that the station owner told his employee he was taking the girls to catch a bus for Houston and that's where the letter claimed they'd gone. At any rate I think it's time to find an example of the former owner's handwriting. There should be at least some surviving documents from his business.

I am the sister of rachel trlica. If you want the real facts about my sisters case ask me anything. My brother was 11 when she disppeared and really has some messed up and twisted memories of that period of our life. Texas Sandman when you talk to Rusty please tell him enough is enough . I have passed not one but two polygragh test.One for the FBI. I have given my DNA and still Rusty want stop the torture and pain he is inflicting on his family. I LOVED MY SISTER AND WOULD NEVER EVER PUT HER IN ANY DANGER. I am innocent of all of Rustys accusations. He has never once ask me face to face about anything. I love him but he has some deeped rooted mental problems that came with self medicating through the years to ease the pain. I did the same thing. The pain never goes
away.There is no closure. So for all of you that find yourself hooked on this case you can't even begin to imagine of not knowing. Please don't judge me. You only have contorted and screwed up facts. Facts that were fabricated by PI Dan James and made sense for Rusty. Dan James wanted publicity for self serving purposes an used my sister and brother as a pawn.. My heart is broken.

I am the sister of rachel trlica. If you want the real facts about my sisters case ask me anything. My brother was 11 when she disppeared and really has some messed up and twisted memories of that period of our life. Texas Sandman when you talk to Rusty please tell him enough is enough . I have passed not one but two polygragh test.One for the FBI. I have given my DNA and still Rusty want stop the torture and pain he is inflicting on his family. I LOVED MY SISTER AND WOULD NEVER EVER PUT HER IN ANY DANGER. I am innocent of all of Rustys accusations. He has never once ask me face to face about anything. I love him but he has some deeped rooted mental problems that came with self medicating through the years to ease the pain. I did the same thing. The pain never goes
away.There is no closure. So for all of you that find yourself hooked on this case you can't even begin to imagine of not knowing. Please don't judge me. You only have contorted and screwed up facts. Facts that were fabricated by PI Dan James and made sense for Rusty. Dan James wanted publicity for self serving purposes an used my sister and brother as a pawn.. My heart is broken.

Deige....I am assuming you are Debra? I'm so sorry about your sister, and for everything your family has been through. I can't even begin to imagine.

Do you personally have any theories of what happened to your dear sister, and the two other girls? I'm really glad you came on to post.

Again, my deepest sympathies to your family.

Debra, I am sorry for the pain you and your family have gone through over the years. IMHO, Rusty owes it to you to mention on the missingtrio.com website that you passed the two polygraph tests, and if he is reading this I hope he includes that information on his next update. On his site he only has a nine-year-old letter requesting that you take the test. :(

If you don't mind my asking, I do have one question about P.I. Swaim, who committed suicide in 1979 and had his records destroyed. A Websleuths member suggested he might have ordered the records destroyed to hide the fact that he hadn't uncovered anything significant about the disappearances, and have your family members ever said they believe that might be the case?

deige,

I am so sorry for all you and your family and the other 2 families have gone through over the years. I can't begin to imagine the relentless pain or the pain heaped on other pain that something like this can produce. I'm not a stranger to violent death so I do know something of what those left
behind go through.

I'm sorry you feel judged. Those close to a case, any case, are going to get close scrutiny at some point. I wish there was some other way, but there's not. Everything that's done here is done in the hopes of bringing someone home so families can give their loved ones a true, resting place.

Law Enforcement can do things behind closed doors so to speak that we can't do here. Here it's all out in the open for better or worse. That you've been put under a microscope is less a reflection of you, and more a reflection of the process of elimination.

As far as your brother's concerned, you may be able to request a gag order to prevent him from throwing insinuations your way on the internet in conjunction with your sister's disappearance.

Personally, I have no interest in what your brother or this PI James turn up. Their ideas are just too far-fetched. I think it's likely these girls were killed by someone they met at the mall or knew casually.

I wish you peace.
JT

Personally, I have no interest in what your brother or this PI James turn up. Their ideas are just too far-fetched. I think it's likely these girls were killed by someone they met at the mall or knew casually.

I wish you peace.
JT

That seems to be the most logical explanation.

Guys I Have been trying to post and answer your questions but for some reason the website keeps clearing them off after a certain point. I guess they are too long in content. I have tried 3 times now. I will try again later and writer shorter posts each time. Thank you for you warm wishes.
I have no idea what peace is and will only find it when Im with my maker or find my sister.

By the way I visited Rustys website he has added a new song he wrote. Its called in the end. I listened to it last night and wished I hadn't. I cryed myself to sleep. There is no peace there is only raw pain. Not only have I lost my sister I have lost my brother as well. The monster or monsters who did this to our families need to suffer a long lingering painful death. Because this is what we deal with everyday. We can put on our faces for the world but our hearts are alway grieving. I have no anger against my brother. I love him unconditionally. I learned through counseling that to be able to survive with my sanity and take care of my MOM my husband, my children and grandchildren that I have to understand and forgive. And I do from the bottom of my heart. If you are reading this little brother I love you, always have, always will, please stop and help us heal. Our Mother an Pop need our help in their last years. Moms prays everyday for just one more family Cookout One more Family Christmas, Thankgiving etc.... You took that from her and for that you are so wrong..... and she hurts so bad.... open your eyes. It has taken me 3 years to convince her to stop being angy with you. Bottom line you are and Son and she needs to forgive. You need to put your personal feeling aside Rusty and give our Mother back a little happiness. You know Mom and Poppa,s day are few. Step up and be a man.

I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. I had a car stolen and it was gone for a few days before it was found. I had a dog that climbed over the fence and she was missing for five days before she wandered home. Both those events nearly drove me crazy, not knowing what was going on. I can't imagine how much worse it is when it's a human being that's missing and you just don't know. And for years and years. It breaks my heart thinking of the pain these families and so many others go through. I pray for you all.

well I just spent 45 minutes answering questions and sharing my feeling and again when I hit submit it closed the window. I wish I knew how to set up my own blog. It would be so much easier and help me talk about my feelings. If anyone knows a Fantastic author that would be interested in writing my story PLEASE let me know. People have begged me for years to write a book. There are so many twist and turns and a lot of story to tell. I wouldn't know where to begin.
TATOR TOT.
PI Jon Swaim was a lowlife who prayed on other people pain for the publicity and media attention he got. He never helped up, just took our money. It is my understanding from a good source that knew him was that he had very damaging information and Kept secret files on top elected officials, including Lawyers, Judges, DA's ect... He ask his family to destroy his files for their protection if anything ever happened to him. I have alway wondered if his suicide was staged. Later I will tell you how I was able to have access to that information.
Thank you for your prayers and warm wishes.
TEXAS SANDMAN I still don't understand why you want contact me or even my Mom Fran. She's in the phonebook and has had the same number for almost 40 years, in hopes that someday the phone will ring and it will be her baby girl on the other end.
Later on I will tell you about 2 other PI's that schemed their way into her lives and brought nothing but choas and confusion to our world.
Debra

Guys I Have been trying to post and answer your questions but for some reason the website keeps clearing them off after a certain point. I guess they are too long in content. I have tried 3 times now. I will try again later and writer shorter posts each time. Thank you for you warm wishes.
I have no idea what peace is and will only find it when Im with my maker or find my sister.

Diege, happens to me all the time. If it happens again, don't use your back button or go forward. Just use your login and password in the box that appears in the middle of the screen.

It will remember what you were posting and post it once you log back in. It's frustrating.....I wish a moderator would fix it to allow us more time to post all of our thoughts before it knocks us out. Another option is to write what you want on word pad or in an email then copy and paste it.

Good luck!!

HI Diege and welcome to WS! It is wonderful you are posting here.

I always right click on my posts and copy before I hit submit so in case it doesn't go through I can just paste it and try to resubmit. I can't even count how many times I have written some long post only to have it lost. It is really frustrating.

diege, Welcome! You will not be judged here, I'm fairly certain of that. First, my heart goes out to you & your family. I cannot fathom what it's been like. I'm sorry there has been such a tear between Rusty and others in the family. I suppose something like that can be understood to a point but when it fails to be productive for any reason, it's time to mend it. I hope, especially for your parents' sakes, it can and will be.

I'm glad you cleared up the mess about the polygraphs. Like others, I wish the missingtrio site had fuller, more accurate or more updated info on it. I know people get busy and all but the site would be a good spot for full & complete info.... a good record, if you will, that may be helpful. I think that info should be published there. I hope it will be soon.

I hope this doesn't get misunderstood - having you come read here & post is like a breath of fresh air for this thread! It felt very mired down for a long time... like it would spin it's wheels and never get anywhere. We all appreciate it very much that you've come here.

Something that continues to nag at me is William Ted Wilhoit. Named a suspect in the Carla Walker case. http://www.justiceforcarla.com/thesuspect.shtml The numerous crimes that took place in the area in that time period and his repeated troubles with the law give a timeline of sorts that could line up for these girls disappearance. I read the (very long) synopsis at this page: http://www.justiceforcarla.com/thecase.shtml and noted that the retired detective mentions comparing Wilhoits handwriting to the note recieved and it was decided it was not a match. Tho that may not necessarily mean he had nothing to do with the girls disappearing it seemed to squash the idea that Wilhoit was connected. I'm wondering if indeed there was anything else that lines up with Wilhoit's timeline or crimes... if it was looked into further than just the handwriting of that note? (on the case page it indicates that two of the mom's (doesn't say which ones) and Rusty had contact with this retired detective John Terrell)

I guess with Wilhoit my thinking is this... if I had something more substantive than "no it's not his writing"... then I'd be able to mark him off a mental list and focus elsewhere (should "elsewhere" ever present itself somehow).

I look forward to reading anything you care to share. I hope you'll feel welcome here.

Diege,
Thank you so much for joining us here. I come from a family of writers, including some very famous, current best-selling writers and know many local writers. Perhaps I can help you.

I want to suggest that you type whatever you want to write to us on Websleuths in Microsoft Word first, then SAVE it (very important!) Then logon to Websleuths and copy and paste a few paragraphs at a time from your Word document into the message box. There is a limit on length - I cannot remember what the exact character limit is, but it is fairly short. I believe this copy/paste method from Word will save you a great deal of frustration and time.

I am not at all surprised that there were numerous PI's who took advantage of your family. It is a sad reality of tragedies such as the one your family experienced that unscrupulous ,dishonest and ruthless people will come out of the woodwork to take advantage of the victims. It really makes me angry that this happens, but please know, this is something that happens all the time. The family of Amy Lynn Bradley was similarily misled and taken for thousands of dollars. You are not alone. I am particularily saddened that your family has been torn apart by these charlatans.

I guess my initial question to you is what do you believe happened to your sister and her friends? And by this, I mean, today. I'm sure you have had many different theories, but I would like to know, in your heart of hearts, what you believe happened. And if you have no idea, please feel free to say that.

My second question is what are your memories of the last days before your sister disappeared. Do you remember her saying or doing anything unusual or out of character?

Thank you in advance for your consideration of these questions and thank you for joining us here. I want you to know that you have my sympathy for what you have been going through. I think you will find that the people here are sympathetic, intelligent and resourceful. Many of us have been crime victims ourselves or had friends or family members who were crime victims, so we are very sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968