NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering--do any of you have opinions about whether or not the attorneys might try to have this trial moved for local 'bias'?

I know it's early for that; just curious. IMHO, there's not a place in the world you could take this trial that the people would not be rooting for Zahra (=book-throwing at those responsible).

I'm so not caught up, got bad news of a good friend who just died from cancer this morning. What is going on with the case and Grand Jury?

Care to elaborate?

not bellyup but I will tell why I am taking all family statements (including court ones) with a grain of salt.

This family is the poster child for dysfunction, and I am concerned that many things that began as true are becoming more and more embelished as the days pass. Not that I disbelieve there was abuse, I believe it 100%. I just think all these folks have some pretty big dogs in this situation and EB's estranged family members are working overtime to make sure they come out smelling as good as possible in all this.

moo and all that jazz

Just wondering--do any of you have opinions about whether or not the attorneys might try to have this trial moved for local 'bias'?

I know it's early for that; just curious. IMHO, there's not a place in the world you could take this trial that the people would not be rooting for Zahra (=book-throwing at those responsible).

It's early for that and I'm all for a fair trial. But, ummm, any attorneys reading....it would be a real pain for investigative agencies to have to go elsewhere even farther away than they may already be coming from to testify. :angel:

Anyone know what this charge is against EB?

Nov. 18: Caldwell County, misdemeanor fraud disposal of mortgage property, Elisa A. Baker

I don't know what it means, sorry. I would like to know if AB was charged/convicted of domestic violence. He has a J marked in the box for domestic violence conviction flag. I would like to know what that means. Maybe someone from there would know and explain. Thanks

Care to elaborate?

JMO I can elaborate. The woman gets on national tv and tells a lie about what a wonderful loving protective person she was to Zahra. She said she called CPS and reported abuse then turns around and says I didnt really call cause I didnt want anyone to find out I was a drug addict so I told my mom to call. Mom turns around and says I didnt call because my daughter was on drugs and I didnt believe her story. If her own mother doesnt believe her why should any of us? Again JMO

I don't know what it means, sorry. I would like to know if AB was charged/convicted of domestic violence. He has a J marked in the box for domestic violence conviction flag. I would like to know what that means. Maybe someone from there would know and explain. Thanks

I think IIRC someone here posted that it means that the case has had a judgement entered--but I'm new and still woefully slow at searching these threads effectively...

Anyone know what this charge is against EB?

Nov. 18: Caldwell County, misdemeanor fraud disposal of mortgage property, Elisa A. Baker

I can make a somewhat-educated guess -- but don't hold me to this...

That looks to me like a case of her having possibly acquired some merchandise on a rent-to-own basis, failed/refused to pay for it, then sold it (fraudulent disposal).

Care to elaborate?

Brittany Bentley is the one who filed the charges for the communicating threats and trying to be run off the road (by EB and AB). She also claimed that she called DSS. Later she came out and admitted she never called DSS and is a self admitted drug addict. She also had a history of bad blood with EB for things like money owed (for drugs???). There are also family members who have stated that BB left her infant daughter in the care of EB many times. (this last part was not in MSM but rather in FB postings and on Zahra's now closed Love 4 Zahra page)

The fact that the charges related to Brittany's claims were DISMISSED WITH LEAVE by the judge makes me believe that he /she had reason to doubt Bentley's claims as well.

arrrggg rad where are you dear?

I think IIRC someone here posted that it means that the case has had a judgement entered--but I'm new and still woefully slow at searching these threads effectively...

Thank you. If AB has a conviction of domestic violence, then that speaks volumes to me. jmo thanks again

a certain member here last night who claims to be close to AB family (not vetted by Tricia) mentioned documents etc wonder if that is what was being referred to.

I can make a somewhat-educated guess -- but don't hold me to this...

That looks to me like a case of her having possibly acquired some merchandise on a rent-to-own basis, failed/refused to pay for it, then sold it (fraudulent disposal).

that is what I initially thought but the word, "mortgage" is throwing me.

o/t - another NC story out of Charlotte, breaking news
Man found dead after going missing at business, police say

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Police say that a man who went missing on Friday morning has been found dead inside the grocery store that his family owns. Police also said that the man apparently died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13413214

I saw that and what a story!! Mystery indeed.

Thank you. If AB has a conviction of domestic violence, then that speaks volumes to me. jmo thanks again

I've seen NOTHING .... to indicate that AB has a conviction or even any charges of domestic violence.... where is this coming from ???

ETA I see it now. It has to be some kind of code maybe for the type of offense? But I don't think we have any proof of charges or convictions of domestic violence ????

------i also don't know what the "J" means in the domestic violence conviction flag, but if you go down to the bottom of the page, that "J" was at that time an "R" ,in that same box, for the first nine records.

http://www.wikiupload.com/cxySvYZb

that is what I initially thought but the word, "mortgage" is throwing me.

yeah, but I am pretty sure that is the case. It is always funny how once things are put into legaleeze on court documents they never really resemble what they really are, lol.

mortgage must have been the proper designation in the court docs for "She ripped off the local Rent-a-center and didn't return their (insert furniture item here)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie