IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btown, I'm trying to locate JW's frat house on the map, so I can see where he lives in proportion to the other locations. Do you know where it is, and would it be possible for you to add it to the wikimapia?

I just realized that his frat house disbanded in 2008. So that means he's living at a regular dorm, house or apt. Still would love to know his address.

Inspector Gidget, that's a good question. I think that it's certainly a possibility. They would have been nearby. She was a drunken, blonde, young college girl who was vulnerable. As someone mentioned, the homeless population often has higher levels of addiction and mental illness then the general population.

During the last search that I was a part of they sent me to People's Park, which is a little area off of Kirkwood and Dunn, several blocks from Smallwood, to hand out fliers (to give google mappers an idea, I was right across the street from Kilroy's on Kirkwood). Ever since I was a kid (and surely before) it's been a place where homeless people hang out, people deal pot, etc. Several of the street people, as they walked by, stopped to mention their concern for her, that a girl could be right downtown and simply vanish. It seemed to me that they were unnerved that such a thing could happen--if someone with a privelaged life could disappear without a trace what could happen to a random street person who sleeps in the woods?

My gut says no. I would be more willing to think that someone leaving the Hill would have snagged her.

My feelings are that LE doesn't even have that much information.They haven't had interviews with all the POI's Possibly haven't got all the cell records back.They have a pic of a car and don't know who it belongs to.So what do they know that is solid information.
She went to Kilroy's and left her cell and shoe there.They know about the fight at Smallwood because it was caught on camera.Her keys where found on a railingAfter that is all word of mouth?Did I leave anything out?

.....While I was handing out fliers I was stopped by a couple of homeless guys. They told me that they also had heard a girl scream around 4:15 am as they were walking to the woods behind the ReStore (this is almost directly across 11th from 5 North apartments). They aren't the ones who are mentioned in the Herald-Times article, although both said they've given statements to the police.

They also said that some other homeless people saw LS with a group of men on the Hill. The Hill (there's an actual name for the apartment complex but I can't remember what it is) is a public housing complex not far from 5 North (it's further away from downtown on 11th street). It's pretty rough for Bloomington's standards and there are a lot of drugs in that area.......

Can someone pin point where the Hill is? TIA
RSBM

I just realized that his frat house disbanded in 2008. So that means he's living at a regular dorm, house or apt. Still would love to know his address.

I believe his fraternity is back under a slightly different name, according to what was posted here. By the way apparently he has a roommate.
One would think roommate should be able to provide an alibi if in fact JW did not leave the house that night, unless roommate wasn't around.

My feelings are that LE doesn't even have that much information.They haven't had interviews with all the POI's Possibly haven't got all the cell records back.They have a pic of a car and don't know who it belongs to.So what do they know that is solid information.
She went to Kilroy's and left her cell and shoe there.They know about the fight at Smallwood because it was caught on camera.Her keys where found on a railingAfter that is all word of mouth?Did I leave anything out?

To think that it's been 2 weeks almost and they haven't even interviewed all the POIs yet is not cool.
Either they have a suspect and are waiting for the evidence to gather (hopefully) or they have no clue and worse, they haven't done a great job investigating either.

I'd say that's a great assessment.

What I don't understand is the BPD took a lot of heat during the Jill Behrman case. It took three years to find her body (and that was pure luck). Many don't believe Myers killed her. A lot of money was wasted draining Salt Creek.

You would think that they'd come with their A game to investigate this, if for no other reason than to redeem themselves in the public eye.

To think that it's been 2 weeks almost and they haven't even interviewed all the POIs yet is not cool.
Either they have a suspect and are waiting for the evidence to gather (hopefully) or they have no clue and worse, they haven't done a great job investigating either.

Maybe they have too many of POIs and it seems like they aren't focusing on anyone in particular, which is not a good sign.

Can I ask for a HUGE Favor? I am still confused with the street names. Wondering if someone can kindly volunteer and number BTOWN's pics and put the numbers on a map? Really, really would help.
I'm working on a map now. I'll try to reference it back to Btown's photos. Let me see what I can come up with.

I'm working on a map now. I'll try to reference it back to Btown's photos. Let me see what I can come up with.

I'm also going to work on updating my map, when I'm finished uploading the pics of College Ave.

The reason I have been asking about the dumpsters as most of you know is a quick and easy way to dispose of a body.Rather than taking the chance to drive somewhere with a body in the car and risk DNA evidence.I hope I am so wrong as I am writing this down

Did they check out just the ones in Bloomington? What about Ellettsville? Or the entire county, or even in the adjacent counties?

Would not be a stretch for someone to live in a town elsewhere in the county or one county over to travel to Bloomington if they were looking to harm a young girl.

The window of opportunity would have to be pretty small for any sex offender to be able to grab her and not be on camera.

The window of opportunity would have to be pretty small for any sex offender to be able to grab her and not be on camera.

I agree, but not impossible. Even if I thought one of the POIs was the one, LE should still look at every possibility.

The "Hill" is known as pigeon hill.

Its the USDA HUD housing section. You know, government housing for folks that can't afford to ...

Its literally the wrong side of the tracks for Lauren, and not far away.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=39.1743055&lon=-86.5466881&z=16&l=0&m=h

Why has no one expressed any surprise that she would walk alone at 4am, if there are dubious areas nearby? Is it just the invincibility of youth? I haven't even heard her parents wonder about this.

@Btown

Its an old cell phone.

Are you kidding me.Then I assume you have taken photography or are one.Because those pics are incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken