Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily, her brother could have heard it from the friend also.

Imo, it is still speculation on the friends part, only because it is hearsay and not yet confirmed by LE via Beth's phone records. I just don't want to take it as verified fact because it is not. (Not trying to argue, just sharing why I believe this way). We don't know if LE has or does not yet have her phone records. It sounds like they/LE believe the husbands story thus far... at least it appears that way. Personally, he is a bit gushy for me... but that should not reflect on him, and is just my personal opinion. (I'm not a gushy person).

OT- my son loves your moo smiley! :)

It's on the list here :)

I agree that it's hearsay right now; just seems odd to me that both of them are saying she called him at 6 pm. That, plus the call about taking the train just fits what everyone says about her staying in touch with family and friends.

Her friend says she saw her boarding the train? If true, that is someting quite different...why are these stories so confusing? Can't be this much confusion if everyone just told the truth, IMO...truth is simple.

Her friend says she saw her boarding the train? If true, that is someting quite different...why are these stories so confusing? Can't be this much confusion if everyone just told the truth, IMO...truth is simple.

So many stories I do not know which one to believe.

BethBentley41MISSINGIllinoisMay2320.jpg

http://www.lostnmissing.com/5.html

The info on this banner is different also, It says she traveled to Centrailia by amtrak and was scheduled to return home alone the following Sunday.​

A bodacious sparkling woman with a pink and orange bag doesn't go quietly unless there's nobody else around. In which case, it might just be nobody hears something rather than she didn't make any noise.

I would think a conductor on the train would definitely remember her. She's pretty darn well-endowed. I hope she didn't have to wait at the station for an hour and a half as the timeline implies. That would make me question her friend's loyalty towards her well-being.

Does anyone know, if the Centralia stop is where people from St Louis come, to take the train up to Chicago? I'd like to get a feel for how busy it might be on a weekend afternoon.

A bodacious sparkling woman with a pink and orange bag doesn't go quietly unless there's nobody else around. In which case, it might just be nobody hears something rather than she didn't make any noise.

I would think a conductor on the train would definitely remember her. She's pretty darn well-endowed. I hope she didn't have to wait at the station for an hour and a half as the timeline implies. That would make me question her friend's loyalty towards her well-being.

Does anyone know, if the Centralia stop is where people from St Louis come, to take the train up to Chicago? I'd like to get a feel for how busy it might be on a weekend afternoon.

I put Centrailia, Woodstock and St. Louis on a map. About 1 hr and 30 min from St. Louis to Centrailia.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...1659,-89.329834&spn=5.213706,8.470459&t=h&z=7

Are the children hers or her step-children? Are the two oldest hers and the youngest a step-child? They haven't been married that long and the kids have different last names. Not that matters but everything is so confusing and the family dynamic is part of the story.

The friend's story is fishy however, looking at her wall on facebook I think she is devastated. I just would like to hear a press conference and get some clarification on the bad reporting. I am not man-hating however I was married to an attorney...

Where did you come across the different last names?

I certainly understand all the confusion as the details are so unclear, however at this point and time, I can't possibly see how her husband could have possibly pulled anything off from such a distance unless he had some well laid out plan and a few friends in the area to pull it off. His video interview didn't set off an alarms for me. He seems sincerely concerned for his wife. I could be wrong but I just don't get any bad vibes from her DH.

Regarding the friend, to my knowledge there are no video interview with her at the moment but I wish there were. If she really did just drop off her friend at the train station just as she said then she must be just sick about the whole thing.

JMO

"Satellite pings to Bentley's cell phone have produced no conclusive results, Lowen said."

:( I wonder what they mean by "conclusive results?" If they were not getting any info at all from the pings, wouldn't they just say so? The word "results" (conclusive or not) gives the impression they have been able to ping it. Or maybe I'm interpreting that line incorrectly. :waitasec:

Source: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...DB9C7A6D449BC98C86257738006B7632?OpenDocument

Ten-year-old Cooper Bentley and his two brothers are very close to their mother. The boys say there wasn't a day that would go by where Bentley didn't talk to her sons or her husband Scott several times.
Woodstock woman missing after train trip
"We're a top priority, and for her not to call any of us is very unusual," said Josh Belmont, son.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7477571

It is midway down the article.:innocent:

Thank You. I don't know the family dynamics.

But one article said her friend watched her board a train at 5:30, that is pretty specific...and this friend sounds really frantic on FB...
Were there no cameras where she would have had to change trains, if she did? I guess they would have checked along the route...? I don't know what to think, this is one of the weirdest stories, or weirdest in the way it is being reported, in any event...:( She sounds like she would be hard to miss, no offense. but she looks like she would stand out. People look at big, pretty blond women, as a rule, they just catch your eye, IMO...

"Satellite pings to Bentley's cell phone have produced no conclusive results, Lowen said."

:( I wonder what they mean by "conclusive results?" If they were not getting any info at all from the pings, wouldn't they just say so? The word "results" (conclusive or not) gives the impression they have been able to ping it. Or maybe I'm interpreting that line incorrectly. :waitasec:

Source: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...DB9C7A6D449BC98C86257738006B7632?OpenDocument

The only thing more confusing than the crappy reporting is the statements made by LE. It seems to me your right which means it is pinging somewhere or was... weird.

BBM, respectfully snipped

But one article said her friend watched her board a train at 5:30, that is pretty specific...and this friend sounds really frantic on FB...

I know, and other articles state her friend did NOT stay to watch her board the train. It's frustrating that time is being wasted trying to sort out details that shouldn't really need to be sorted out. Either someone is lying, super confused or there has been some very sloppy reporting in this case.

If she did board the train, where was the next stop?

I'm sure LE has looked at when exactly her husband last talked to her. From what I've seen he said he talked to her that afternoon. The FB page says he talked to her at 6. Obviously if she had taken a 6:08 train he would have known she was waiting for it if they had last talked at 6.

It still seems unclear whether he knew she would be returning by train or not. If he had just talked to her that afternoon (maybe at 3) then the only way I see him not knowing she would be returning by train that evening would be if she got into some kind of quarrel with her friend which precipitated her leaving early.

I agree it sounds like the friend's story is the weak link here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member