Tru-TV/IN session Caylee Anthony coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB "I think ethnicity and race are everyday aspects of life". you are a black lawyer I am a hispanic laywer . . . i embrace it . . . i will not change my name to "Joe" it's "Jose" , all the accusations of too touchy in jail . . .story launched by the one local channel that has . . . every aspect of this case. . . . they will report the story in a certain way and that is the end of it . . .
RS regarding the relationship with kc?
JB - professional lawyer/client relationship . . . with intregity . . jon smith, julio sanchez, or kc anthony

RS asking about KC's Story (I swear I saw JB turning red in front of our very eyes . . . blushing or surpressing extreme emotion?)
Oh wow...

Reminds me of hearing that at the jail, Baez needed to be warned about hugging KC, IIRC.

RS - what was this office like when you took kc's case . . .
JB - I made them all park across the street . . . that is probably why I got such bad press. the media wanted to park in parking lot . . . i had to get stern with them to park across the street and stay there . . . there was a lot of negativity . . . that is when the stories began you have to put people in their place when they are hurting your clients. . . they would bumrush the whole parking lot to get closer to kc . . .i remember saying to a lawyer that worked for me when we got kc out of jail 6 helicopters hovering overhead . . . i said, "take a good look my friend you will never see all of this attention over a bad check charge in your life". Everyone has a job to do . . . the adjustment period that i realized that i am not an individual, lawyer, legal professional . . w . I am a story. Until I realized that . . . "you are always in harms way".

JB there has to be a fine line between free press and defendant's sixth amend. for a fair trial . . . generally while an investigation going on you don't see doc dumps, press conferences, etc. . . . i don't have power to give media 1000 pages and then tell them go speculate.

BBM: That is really funny. Take a good look folks because this is the last time you will ever see an attorney making $200,000 plus for a bad check charge. And what was KC doing in his office while all this commotion was going on outside the office. Putting together her precious babies pictures to sell to the highest bidder. He has no shame and his statements above prove it. jmo

JB my wife has no clue about this case. . . .
RS - what do you do for downtime to relax?
JB lately I have been trying to get out of town . . . prior to this case I played baseball a mid-life crisis league . . . 28 & older . . . I love baseball . . . big college football fan . . . i love spending time with my family anywhere and everywhere i can . . . we love traveling . . we will go to Miami . . . St. Petersburg . . Santa Bell (?) Island . . pace yourself can't go overdrive . . . lots of hours . . .right now i work 6 1/2 days a week . . .

JB showing off his first $ made . . . $496 retainer from a client in the hallway of the court . . . he won and the client ended up doing a diversion program. . . . a momento from a trial . . . . an alleged affair with the victims wife . . . red stuffed bull toy talking doll ("el toro"). . . a tie around the neck of the toy is a tie that JB thought was hideous. A letter from a client's daughter thanking him for giving her father back . . . reading from letter . . . ps "I want to be the next JB . . .

RS . . . not just a job for you but rewards come from your clients.
JB - criminal defense is lowest paid of the legal . . . . with every case and every loss comes heartache and pain . . . you live through it with them . . . .a lot of ups and downs. . . do this because you are dedicated to the cause . . . it's not money . . . keeps you working at 2 in the morning as opposed to going to sleep and not thinking about it.

I think most jurors take their job seriously regardless of who the defendant is. They want the defendant's attorney to prove the State is wrong and want to believe someone is innocent because human nature tells us that the person sitting there could be one of us and we need to listen to the evidence and make sure we get it right.
*snip for space*

Especially in a case like this, at least for me, because I remember first reading about this and wanting KC to be innocent because she was Caylee's mother. The same goes for Susan Smith, but I saw her on TV pleading and though I didn't understand what she was saying, something was just...off. It plays out that way for me every time another mother, father, sister, etc does something so horrible to a loved one. Murder is never, ever the answer, but I feel doubly crushed when I learn the victim was murdered by someone they loved and called family.

Mike B saying decomp analysis data base is a flawed science according to defense. they are allowing chloroform but will they allow decomp? Sunni H doesn't think it will come in . . . since it can come in without an expert . . . (ie: GA & CA & all investigators can talk about the decomp smell). . .

Mike B says he is split . . . he doesn't think if it is out that it will be that big of a blow . . . have cadavar dogs, chloroform in the trunk will overlap will overlap with Dr. Vass testimony . . .

Sunni says doesn't make the leap into generally accepted science. Sunni says the chlororoform searches will be enough . . .Sunni never searched for chloroform.

Mike says if Dr. Vass is always the one deferred to by all of the experts. Other experts they had had not direct contact with the human decomp.

Sunni says Dr. Vass methods are not generally accepted in community.

Does Jose think people are stupid? Anyone who has attended any trial KNOWS that what a lawyer says in opening and closing statements are not evidence. So how does what he says in his opening statement "explain" the 31 days that Casey didn't tell anyone that her daugher was missing?

For it to be evidence, Casey would have to testify UNDER OATH. Lawyers are NOT UNDER OATH - maybe that is why they lie so much!!! Sorry, but I'm fed up with lawyers who put their own spin on things when there's not any evidence to substantiate it.

Mike B says hair w/root banding coming in.
Sunni says we know what the SA theory is . . . remember the day kc was crying as JA was describing how Caylee died . . . looking into the eyes of her killer.

Mike says it could go either way . . .
Sunni says not a slam dunk . . . no witnesses say "I saw kc kill her child" or they saw kc put child in the trunk.

Both ask about the 31 days? Sunni admits if her child (Paloma) was missing for 31 seconds she would be looking around for the child.

Sunni says we know what the SA theory is . . . remember the day kc was crying as JA was describing how Caylee died . . . looking into the eyes of her killer.

Sunni says not a slam dunk . . . no witnesses say "I saw kc kill her child" or they saw kc put child in the trunk.

Both ask about the 31 days? Sunni admits if her child (Paloma) was missing for 31 seconds she would be looking around for the child.

I still believe that this statement was made by Ashton as a hypothetical relating to what the jury is left to draw their own conclusions by. I have a feeling that what they "really" think happened will be so much more in detail and horrifying than what was spoken during this hearing. No doubt in my mind that there will be a huge surprise when this comes to trial..everyone thinks this is exactly what the prosecution will allege happened, but I believe they will shock all of us with a bigger story.

That's why it's a CIRCUMSTANTIAL case, Sunni! What happened can be inferred from the MT. Everest of evidence! Wow, if she hadn't said that second part, I was going to explode. I get so tired of people acting like if there wasn't a witness to the crime or the crime didn't get caught on tape, that it must not have happened. Sheesh.

Does Jose think people are stupid? Anyone who has attended any trial KNOWS that what a lawyer says in opening and closing statements are not evidence. So how does what he says in his opening statement "explain" the 31 days that Casey didn't tell anyone that her daugher was missing?

For it to be evidence, Casey would have to testify UNDER OATH. Lawyers are NOT UNDER OATH - maybe that is why they lie so much!!! Sorry, but I'm fed up with lawyers who put their own spin on things when there's not any evidence to substantiate it.

He is going to say she was afraid of her father. He is going to say she was afraid and abused by him. Then later he will use a lot of George's lies against him, the tape, the fake suicide, his rage. etc. MO

That's why it's a CIRCUMSTANTIAL case, Sunni! What happened can be inferred from the MT. Everest of evidence! Wow, if she hadn't said that second part, I was going to explode. I get so tired of people acting like if there wasn't a witness to the crime or the crime didn't get caught on tape, that it must not have happened. Sheesh.

Um - did anyone see Susan Smith roll that car into the water? Did anyone witness Scott Peterson kill Laci and her unborn son and dump her into the Bay?

What is it about a TV camera that makes it okay to tell such whoppers?

Um - did anyone see Susan Smith roll that car into the water? Did anyone witness Scott Peterson kill Laci and her unborn son and dump her into the Bay?

What is it about a TV camera that makes it okay to tell such whoppers?

Exactly how many murders are witnessed by anyone other than the the perp and the victim? Like we always say, murder is not a spectator sport.

Studies have proven that eyewitness testimony is the most unreliable. Check the Innocence Project. Most of those convictions were on witness testimony and later proved innocent with DNA.

All of today's videos are now up, so you all know.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6412843&postcount=419"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Show Transcripts and Show Videos - NO DISCUSSION![/ame]

He is going to say she was afraid of her father. He is going to say she was afraid and abused by him. Then later he will use a lot of George's lies against him, the tape, the fake suicide, his rage. etc. MO

Agreed.

I think those jailhouse tapes will put that puppy to bed. She was clearly trying to win over her father by telling him what a good dad he was, a great grandfather to Caylee to keep him from testifying at the Grand Jury hearing. After he testified she would not even look at him and still doesn't today. KC's actions show she was in control of that household. As much as we'd like to think CA was the CEO, it was clearly KC because no one, no one stopped her from stealing from the family. Someone who openly steals money from her parents is not afraid of their rage because they know there is none. jmo

I think those jailhouse tapes will put that puppy to bed. She was clearly trying to win over her father by telling him what a good dad he was, a great grandfather to Caylee to keep him from testifying at the Grand Jury hearing. After he testified she would not even look at him and still doesn't today. KC's actions show she was in control of that household. As much as we'd like to think CA was the CEO, it was clearly KC because no one, no one stopped her from stealing from the family. Someone who openly steals money from her parents is not afraid of their rage because they know there is none. jmo

But stealing and lying goes hand in hand with sexual abuse. I know, I know.....but it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle