IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman at AMW whom I spoke with sounded like it's not 100% always collected, for some reason, and that she was going to request that LE make sure the DNA is on file or obtain it from him so they can cross-reference with the Tinsley case. That was the impression I got, at least. It's still possible that even if they did collect his DNA, they didn't cross-reference it with an over 20-year old cold case. It would be nice if Chris_Texas was on to something and the Tinsley family can have some closure.

She's right (the AMW lady). This is one of Walsh's projects to get all states to collect DNA even if just for an arrest.

Some states have passed this, but I'm not sure when each state enacted the legislation.

http://dnasaves.org/

Why did he cut her whole body up in small enough pieces to fit into freezer bags?

Was this guy smoking or snorting the bath salts stuff?

Butchering takes a long time. Time he could have been caught during. Why did he think he had so much time? Was he in reality at this point?

I am not trying to be gruesome but I really think the lengths he went to means something and is important to the story, just don't know what.

So, if they knew him from Florida, maybe they also knew he was a fugitive from justice (just an innocent wrongly persecuted one) and since grandad was ill and had a spare bedroom, maybe they offered it as a way for him to have refuge and a place to send the kids. Oh, and he could also "check on Shorty" now and then.

I am now REALLY wondering what the grandfather's illness was. Have I somehow missed that information?

I'm not sure what his illness was, I don't recall seeing that information in any of the articles, and I don't think it was noted in his obituary. Maybe I'll look again. I wonder if it was long and painful?

ETA: Was going to add something about the long and painful part, but I won't.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111227/LOCAL07/111229617

FWIW some of the neighbors who describe Plumadore's healthy relationship with the family are on Family Watchdog list themselves, one for corrupting a minor and one for three counts of child molesting and sexual battery, so I'd maybe take their opinions of what constitutes a "healthy relationship" with a grain of salt.
I suspected that, trying to get ahead of the curve of why they were seen together.

I find it really strange that they asked this family friend to move back to FW from out of state to care for Grandpa AND they moved closer to Grandpa. Why both?

If they lived 10-12 miles away and grandpa had a caretaker, what was the need to move to the same RSO filled trailer park? And if they were willing to move to the same trailer park what was the need to invite the family friend to come up from out of state to be a caretaker? ETA: Unless the reason they asked him to move back wasn't only to care for grandpa, but to be a babysitter of sorts as well. :sigh: :(

Seems really bizzare. About as bizzare as the initial news that came out in msm about this case. Just find myself :waitasec: again. It will be interesting to learn what else comes out in msm, until then I'll refrain from posting where my mind is going with this one.

JMO

Warning: I'm about to go against the grain here..

MP was an established family acquaintance/caregiver for 2 years in this trailer park. He wasn't a stranger. In all likelihood, the kids went back and forth between the 2 residences often (once a day? once a week?). The trust with MP was IMO very well established over a significant time period, or so it seems. Even the neighbors knew that the girls saw MP as a "father figure."

MP confessed pretty quickly and seemingly w/o much resistance. And that makes me wonder if he saw killing this poor child as a twisted act of mercy. He very definitely played a role in easing pain and death with Shorty. He saw her deficits, knew her struggles, and thought it better for those to end. Playing God, if you will.

Random thoughts...

FWIW some of the neighbors who describe Plumadore's healthy relationship with the family are on Family Watchdog list themselves, one for corrupting a minor and one for three counts of child molesting and sexual battery, so I'd maybe take their opinions of what constitutes a "healthy relationship" with a grain of salt.

Ah well then. They watch each others backs don't they. no pun intended.

I wonder if he killed grandpa.

ETA: I also wonder what else he bought when he was getting that ONE cigar. Trash bags? Freezer bags? Bleach?

I went back to the other thread - saw that there are two boys but no mention of where they live, ages, etc.
I am very anxious for the motive to be announced....none of his priors were drug charges were they?

Cubby, I had the impression from reading ALL the articles, don't know which one specifically that the family had not been back that long. I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I will go back to see if I can find it...

MP confessed pretty quickly and seemingly w/o much resistance. And that makes me wonder if he saw killing this poor child as a twisted act of mercy. He very definitely played a role in easing pain and death with Shorty. He saw her deficits, knew her struggles, and thought it better for those to end. Playing God, if you will.

Random thoughts...

(snipped by me)

I do understand the possibility (unique perspective, btw -- not being sarcastic), but I think a mercy killing is unlikely by the violence involved (blunt force trauma, dismemberment, disposal in a dumpster).

Psychologically, one of those actions alone would challenge a mercy killing theory; much more, all three acts considered together.

I'd think a "mercy killing" would be much more "respectful". I don't think any murder is respectful, but viewing such an act in context....

moo

This case reminds me so very much of our precious little Zahra Baker.

Aren't there laws saying child molesters have to stay away from each other?

This case reminds me so very much I'm our precious little Zahra Baker.

Zahra and Leiby. :(

OT:

On another note, I couldn't figure out why I thought MP looked so 'familiar'. He reminds me very much of Christopher Vaughn who murdered his wife and children.

On another OT note, Aliahna reminds me very much of a young Ellen Wheeler who played Marley and Vickie on Another World ages ago. Aliahna looks just like a little Marley to me.

end of ot.

Thanks for the link to that article. Now, I wonder, how did this family know Plumadore if he lived in NC? Did they also live there previously? Did Plumadore live in Iowa before living in NC? Sorry, I am just trying to figure out how this guy was such a trusted family friend and "father figure". I shudder at that.

According to Plumadore's FB pages he was attending Ivy Tech, which is in Indiana between 2009 and 2011. While he might have been lying on his FB page, it does sound like he has been in Indiana since 2009. Maybe finished his Associates degree (2-year) in May 2011, and moved back to his hometown in NC?

I joined here to learn about real committed crimes. I'm not sure I can do this. It almost seems to me this little girl didn't have a chance. She was murdered and dismembered. It doesn't get worse than that imoo.

Sometimes I wish we still had firing squads. Personally I don't want the person who did this to have creature comforts. I feel sick.

Warning: I'm about to go against the grain here..

MP was an established family acquaintance/caregiver for 2 years in this trailer park. He wasn't a stranger. In all likelihood, the kids went back and forth between the 2 residences often (once a day? once a week?). The trust with MP was IMO very well established over a significant time period, or so it seems. Even the neighbors knew that the girls saw MP as a "father figure."

Random thoughts...

I don't believe that MP was living with Lemmon in the Ft Wayne trailer for the past 2 years . . . MSM reports MP returned to Ft Wayne in July or August (per a neighbor) to care for the ailing Lemmon at the request of the family.

I believe this family has known MP for 2 years (while in NC/FL) and maybe AStory believes 2 years is a very long time as she described MP as a long-time family friend . . . speculation only but piecing together with MSM articles plus transcripts.

Confusion in reporting, argh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member