Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

I can't see them dragging this much longer because Michael Jacques needs to be put down.

I can't see them dragging this much longer because Michael Jacques needs to be put down.
Yuppers, like the rabid dog he is. Too bad they couldn't just take him out back and shoot him.

That's okay, for those of us who have followed these types of cases. If we have learned one thing, it's patience.

Hi folks, I've subscribed to this thread as soon as I found out about it and thought it the one of the most despicable cases concerning a child that I had ever heard about. I keep checking and checking and checking to see of anything is starting and it's beginning to irritate the hello out of me that nothing is going on. It is good to see that I'm not waiting alone..........just wanted to say hi. :seeya:

Yuppers, like the rabid dog he is. Too bad they couldn't just take him out back and shoot him.

That's okay, for those of us who have followed these types of cases. If we have learned one thing, it's patience.

Wait, I do not have any patience!!! This has gone on way to long already.

lonetraveler this case is just horrendous. I have no idea what his defense team has to defend. The writing is on the wall. Then again it was with Casey Anthony and look at that miscarriage of justice.
I am hoping everyone comes forward for witnesses, including his sister that he impregnated and she ended up having an abortion.
The best part is the woman that married him knew all about his background even though she can lie and say she didn't because she did.And she went ahead and had his baby and well I could go on and on and on and on.
You would have to read all the way back. Disgusting!:banghead:

Wait, I do not have any patience!!! This has gone on way to long already.

lonetraveler this case is just horrendous. I have no idea what his defense team has to defend. The writing is on the wall. Then again it was with Casey Anthony and look at that miscarriage of justice.
I am hoping everyone comes forward for witnesses, including his sister that he impregnated and she ended up having an abortion.
The best part is the woman that married him knew all about his background even though she can lie and say she didn't because she did.And she went ahead and had his baby and well I could go on and on and on and on.
You would have to read all the way back. Disgusting!:banghead:

Oh, I've been a reader/poster on this case since it hit WS and I have read every disgusting news article and LE documents, arrest warrants, you name it. It is totally horrendous and he is a monster. I simply can't come up with a "defense" for this . All the defense can do right now is stall, stall, stall. They think that if they stall long enough, the death penalty will be taken off the table. His wife?.......................don't get me started on that one. The young girl who assisted in this murder....................don't get me started on that one either...............I nearly got banned forever on this case. I'm suscribed so that I will get to see any action going on..........glad to see that y'all are as impatient as I am. Maybe it is time.

Oh, I've been a reader/poster on this case since it hit WS and I have read every disgusting news article and LE documents, arrest warrants, you name it. It is totally horrendous and he is a monster. I simply can't come up with a "defense" for this . All the defense can do right now is stall, stall, stall. They think that if they stall long enough, the death penalty will be taken off the table. His wife?.......................don't get me started on that one. The young girl who assisted in this murder....................don't get me started on that one either...............I nearly got banned forever on this case. I'm suscribed so that I will get to see any action going on..........glad to see that y'all are as impatient as I am. Maybe it is time.

It's waaaaaaaaay past time! He should already be sitting on death row counting down the days to his well-deserved demise.

And totally agree about the wife and the cousin......Don't get me started either!

Grrrrr.

Does anyone visit this site that is from the immediate area? I know (the cousin) graduated high school this year. I have friends in Vermont but they are a distance away from Randolph. Just wondering if anyone has the inside scoop on how they are functioning which last I heard was "normal" considering. Don't know what normal is seeing as they are a bunch of wackos.

Does anyone visit this site that is from the immediate area? I know (the cousin) graduated high school this year. I have friends in Vermont but they are a distance away from Randolph. Just wondering if anyone has the inside scoop on how they are functioning which last I heard was "normal" considering. Don't know what normal is seeing as they are a bunch of wackos.

I live in VT, not far from Randolph, and although I don't personally know anyone involved, I have heard that the girl who recently graduated from high school that assisted Jacques is pretty much living the "normal" life of any teenager her age.

I live in VT, not far from Randolph, and although I don't personally know anyone involved, I have heard that the girl who recently graduated from high school that assisted Jacques is pretty much living the "normal" life of any teenager her age.

Yes and I believe that was right from the get go, normal. I wonder how her little sister is doing, Michael Jacques actual daughter? I am not sure if we can post names on this site or not seeing as she is a minor.

I still for the life of me can't believe that both of them remained with Denise.
I feel both those girls should have been pulled from her crazy life.

And high school grad should have been commited to some kind of deep counseling therapy where she stayed put. Don't tell me this will not affect this girl for the rest of her life and in what way will it come out. I hope when it is not to late.

Another case where I will never get it.

MJ wants to move the trial to NY

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ve...killing_niece_wants_trial_moved_out_of_state/

MONTPELIER — Citing public anger and death threats, lawyers for a man charged with killing his 12-year-old niece say in a new court filing that it’s impossible for him to get a fair trial in Vermont.

Defense attorneys say Michael Jacques has been the subject of so much press coverage and such vitriolic online posts that his trial should be moved to Albany, N.Y., to escape juror bias. In a motion filed late Thursday, they said Jacques and his lawyers have been the subject of calls for death since he was charged in the 2008 slaying of Brooke Bennett of Braintree.

------snip-----

Prosecutors have said they believe Jacques can get a fair shake in Vermont. US Attorney Tristram Coffin, Vermont’s lead federal prosecutor, wouldn’t comment on the latest defense filing when contacted yesterday. But in a response to the defense’s original change-of-venue motion in May, prosecutors said it was premature to consider a different location. They said no ruling should be made until interviews of would-be jurors establish bias that can’t be overcome. Fair juries have been seated to hear other high-profile cases in Vermont, the government contends.

In the new defense filing, Jacques’s lawyers included 150 exhibits — newspaper articles, online stories, television and radio broadcasts, Facebook pages, Twitter tweets, and blog entries — to buttress their claims, many suggesting various modes for killing, maiming, or otherwise exacting revenge on Jacques, who has pleaded not guilty.

-----more at link-----

This is idiotic - they're using examples from the internet to say that he can't get a fair trial locally - huh?

Personally, I think the trial should be moved to Texas!

Personally, I think the trial should be moved to Texas!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes! Ok, if we have to move it let's do Texas! They will just welcome MJ with open arms don't you think??????

Otherwise I think it should be held in good old Vermont. It is their problem because he should have never been let out for this to happen. Just what happened with his sister alone was enough to lock him up and throw away the key!! Never mind the others.

AND DENISE MARRIES HIM AND HAS HIS BABY KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT A SICK SICK SICK PUPPY HE IS. AND BRING HER ALREADY OTHER YOUNG DAUGHTER INTO THE MIX. ARGHHHHHH.

She needs to be charged too!

When does this useless, waste of oxygen, 's trial start? Anyone have a date? I cannot EVEN begin to describe what a disgusting monster he is, but you all already know that. There are just no words for his evil. I spent a few weeks reading all of Brooke's threads. I have never been so disturbed in my entire life. I found several of these people on FB. AR's is private, but her mom's is not and if you scroll down her wall you can view many pics. AR has grown into a lovely looking young lady, but I find it hard to believe that she got no help for what she has been through. Hopefully, she did get help and we just don't know about it. If she didn't, that scares me.
R.I.P. Miss Brooke Bennett. Your story has broken my heart. I will never be the same.

I live in this town and know these people...AR is Persuing a career in criminal justice! Most screwed up family I have ever seen :(

bdmama, do you think AR could be turning her life around with this criminal justice path? Perhaps helping people is what she wants to do now? Maybe helping abuse victims? I don't know these people so I have no idea.

ETA- I was just thinking of how many victims go on to work and dedicate their lives to stopping something they have experienced.

bdmama, do you think AR could be turning her life around with this criminal justice path? Perhaps helping people is what she wants to do now? Maybe helping abuse victims? I don't know these people so I have no idea.

ETA- I was just thinking of how many victims go on to work and dedicate their lives to stopping something they have experienced.

I suppose anything is possible but this whole family has been demented for generations. How can AR help people when she never got help herself. As far as I know that never happened. Life just went on.
bdmama do you know of any counseling she ever received? I am talking intense therapy, not a once a week let's get this over with thing.
I plan on being in VT in December for a few days I hope and am going to visit Brooke. And please let the trial be in full swing by then!!!!!

I guess I am trying to find something GOOD in this whole horrifying mess. :( Is there a date set for the trial to start, The Farm?

poppyfrock read #442 on the previous page here and it will explain the more delays. It was supposed to start September next month. Because Vermont does not have the death penalty and the goverment wants it as this became a federal thing because of kidnapping who knows when this will get underway but one thing I do know is it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overdue.
Unfortunately there is nothing good in this whole thing, nothing. I do not only blame Jacques but others also who were well aware of him and his past. And so far no one has payed the piper except Gagnon who is in prison.
I feel so bad because here is Brooke who dies a horrible death and not one person living in the state of Vermont that knew of this is being held accountable. They are all living their merry little lives like nothing happened. It is so sick.

poppyfrock read #442 on the previous page here and it will explain the more delays. It was supposed to start September next month. Because Vermont does not have the death penalty and the goverment wants it as this became a federal thing because of kidnapping who knows when this will get underway but one thing I do know is it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overdue.
Unfortunately there is nothing good in this whole thing, nothing. I do not only blame Jacques but others also who were well aware of him and his past. And so far no one has payed the piper except Gagnon who is in prison.
I feel so bad because here is Brooke who dies a horrible death and not one person living in the state of Vermont that knew of this is being held accountable. They are all living their merry little lives like nothing happened. It is so sick.

I totally agree with you and I'm frustrated with this snail pace too. I think that everyone and I mean everyone who even thought they knew something and did not do something about it needs to be held accountable.

Unfortunately there is nothing good in this whole thing, nothing.

I completely agree and did not mean to imply there could be anything good about what has happened. I think I was looking for a glimmer of decency in just ONE person in this family. Thank you for your informative reply. Jaques is the most disgusting and horrifying monster I have ever read about. Poor Brooke. It is BS that she was exposed to him and had to suffer at his hands.

I couldn't get over when Cassandra said "I can't be with my child 24/7!" Uhh, maybe you CAN'T, but you sure as heck can make sure your child is not around sex offenders. She knew he was a sex offender and still allowed her child to be around him. How brainless can you be? "I let my child go stay at a sex offenders house, BUT BUT BUT I can't be with my child 24/7." You shouldn't let your child around a sex offender PERIOD, even if you are with your child 24/7. But if you can't be with your child 24/7, then in my opinion, it is even WORSE that you allow her around a sex offender when you know you can't be there to keep an eye on her and keep her safe.
:furious:
If you can't be around your child 24/7 then DON'T send them to a sex offenders house. Better yet, don't send them to a sex offender's house ANYWAY, no matter what. The "there was always another adult there" excuse is lame in my opinion, because if a sex offender wants to attack someone he can still do it with someone else in the house. He can do it in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping OR he could harm/kill/incapacitate any other adult in the house so he can do whatever he wants. And Cassandra obviously didn't care enough to MAKE SURE there was another adult around, anyway, since Denise was at work.

I completely agree and did not mean to imply there could be anything good about what has happened. I think I was looking for a glimmer of decency in just ONE person in this family. Thank you for your informative reply. Jaques is the most disgusting and horrifying monster I have ever read about. Poor Brooke. It is BS that she was exposed to him and had to suffer at his hands.

I couldn't get over when Cassandra said "I can't be with my child 24/7!" Uhh, maybe you CAN'T, but you sure as heck can make sure your child is not around sex offenders. She knew he was a sex offender and still allowed her child to be around him. How brainless can you be? "I let my child go stay at a sex offenders house, BUT BUT BUT I can't be with my child 24/7." You shouldn't let your child around a sex offender PERIOD, even if you are with your child 24/7. But if you can't be with your child 24/7, then in my opinion, it is even WORSE that you allow her around a sex offender when you know you can't be there to keep an eye on her and keep her safe.
:furious:
If you can't be around your child 24/7 then DON'T send them to a sex offenders house. Better yet, don't send them to a sex offender's house ANYWAY, no matter what. The "there was always another adult there" excuse is lame in my opinion, because if a sex offender wants to attack someone he can still do it with someone else in the house. He can do it in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping OR he could harm/kill/incapacitate any other adult in the house so he can do whatever he wants. And Cassandra obviously didn't care enough to MAKE SURE there was another adult around, anyway, since Denise was at work.

Exactly. And yes I understand what you were saying about there being anything good!

What completely blows me away with this whole thing is everyone was aware of this monster and what he had done in the past. Denise was actually talking with him while he was in jail for a previous offence and then married him when he got out. How he landed the high paying job he did is beyond me and yes no one at his work knew about his past, also it was in New Hampshire.
BUT, BUT, BUT, everyone in that small town and area knew of Jacques past. They KNEW he both molested his sister and impregnated her, omg it turns my stomach. She had an abortion I believe. They KNEW he was a pervert. They KNEW why he was in jail. THEY ALL KNEW including Cassandra, Denise and that whole sicko clan.
I myself would have cut all ties with Denise once she married the pervert for fear that I or my child might be his next victum!!!

And yet they are all free as birds, supposedly Denise is now a Christian or believes in God as she knows what people think of her. She wants to stop child abuse blah blah. But yet she marries a sexual pervert and has his child?
She is as sick as he is.
There is no excuse for Cassandra, she took a chance and it cost her a daughter.
This trial can not come fast enough and it wayyyyy overdue. There is only one ending for Jacques and that is the Death Penalty which is what they are fighting about because VT does not have it.
This may sound cold but I have no sympathy for any of them except their little daughter and some for AR only because her mother put her where she is today by marrying that sicko.
I say let's get on with this trial and fry this monster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back