How many Airline tickets where orginally purchased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN

I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oi
Reaction score
Does anyone know what air-line the McCanns originally used for their Holiday in Portugal and how many tickets where purchased? Children two and under usually fly free if they sit on the parents lap...but are not allowed extra luggage. Most air-lines follow a strict rule of one carry-on per ticket, and two checked bags per ticket. Also, I wonder if they had round trip or one way? Anyone ever follow that?

If they only purchased 3 tickets, (for Kate, Gerry and Madeleine) then they would only be able to have 3 carry-on and six checked.

Supposedly they had taken one large double stroller that was stolen...that would have counted as 1 checked bag, we've seen Gerry carrying 3 separate duffel bags, that would account for possibly the 3 carry-on bags. There is the missing tennis bag, (?) so that would have had to have been a check in bag, leaving 2 suitcases for all of Kate's clothes and 2 suitcases for everyone else.

Did they take any toys along? sunblock, beach gear, or did they rent/buy all that when they got there?

Does anyone know what air-line the McCanns originally used for their Holiday in Portugal and how many tickets where purchased? Children two and under usually fly free if they sit on the parents lap...but are not allowed extra luggage. Most air-lines follow a strict rule of one carry-on per ticket, and two checked bags per ticket. Also, I wonder if they had round trip or one way? Anyone ever follow that?

If they only purchased 3 tickets, (for Kate, Gerry and Madeleine) then they would only be able to have 3 carry-on and six checked.

Supposedly they had taken one large double stroller that was stolen...that would have counted as 1 checked bag, we've seen Gerry carrying 3 separate duffel bags, that would account for possibly the 3 carry-on bags. There is the missing tennis bag, (?) so that would have had to have been a check in bag, leaving 2 suitcases for all of Kate's clothes and 2 suitcases for everyone else.

Did they take any toys along? sunblock, beach gear, or did they rent/buy all that when they got there?

When I travel I always plan for buying souvenirs so I pack an extra bag, folded up, inside my luggage. It is possible that an extra bag was not actually packed at the start of the trip.

More on the blue bag: http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=33637

They were traveling in a group... there leaves a window open that if they wanted to carry extra stuff, they could have gotten someone else in the group to check it. That is what I did when I took my daughter and her best friend to Hawaii... I was carrying a lot of photo gear, so the girls checked some of my baggage as their own. As for The McCann's and flying: having flown out of London, I know for a fact that people are getting past the "one carry on" issue by putting more than one carry on in a large plastic bag (like a shoppers bag), and then just tossing the bag once through security. It is allowed to be done that way... saw tons of people doing it... as long as nothing shows up untoward on the scan, then all is okay.

They were traveling in a group... there leaves a window open that if they wanted to carry extra stuff, they could have gotten someone else in the group to check it. That is what I did when I took my daughter and her best friend to Hawaii... I was carrying a lot of photo gear, so the girls checked some of my baggage as their own. As for The McCann's and flying: having flown out of London, I know for a fact that people are getting past the "one carry on" issue by putting more than one carry on in a large plastic bag (like a shoppers bag), and then just tossing the bag once through security. It is allowed to be done that way... saw tons of people doing it... as long as nothing shows up untoward on the scan, then all is okay.

That would explain the luggage accommodations, but I still wonder how many actual tickets where purchased and if they where purchased one-way or round trip. Theoretically, they would have planned a round trip, but if only one-way where purchased, that would send up amazing red flags.

As many of you know, I have always felt that Madeleine's disappearance was pre-planned, but If I can find that they did actually buy 5 round trip tickets I will gladly apologise to all for my thoughts. As thrifty as they where being as in not hiring evening baby sitters, I would find it odd they would purchase round trip tickets, knowing they would have to probably have to forfeit them if my theory is correct. Though if they only purchased 3, then, I guess there would still be doubt.

According to my sources the mccanns when travelling to portugal they used thomson travel from coventry airport in warwickshire and when returning to england they used easyjet to east midlands airport in leicestershire.

While at faro airport they travelled to the airport in the hired vehicle that was later confrimed as the source of dna that was allege to be that of madeleine mccann the hired car was hired by kate mccann brother michael mccann who then return to the holiday resort this is just a thought that inside the vehicle might have been the child in a suitcase or a big blue tennis bag which belonged to gerry mccann which was later dumped somewhere between faro airport and the hoilday resort this would have been around the time when the mccann family were going to visit the pope at the vatican for a public exercise in spinning the news to they favour when they already knew that there daughter was killed and dumped in a field or in water as this would be hard to investigate after a long period of time as the body in water would start to degrade within a week in water while on land it would take longer.

i believe that the macanns used the meal with the other 7 people as a decoy in a plan that was already in the works as the child was already dead after a incident inside the apartment which lead them to panic, scared and because they were in another country with different laws and culture they decided to cover up and spin the truth in vain that they would not be caught or be charged with the incident that might have happened.

and on robert murat the other suspect he only became a suspect due to him asking to many question to the press and when the sunday mirror a newspaper in england reported him to the police on this assumption without any facts on the case as the police were still and are still looking into the case wether it is a murder, kidnapping, missing investigation does this make him guilty of a crime he might have not done.

Martin, with all due respect, that might have been a good post but it is impossible to read with only 2 capital letters, 4 periods, and a comma in the whole thing.

I'm not the grammar police, but can you please use a little bit of punctuation? My head is spinning from trying to read this.

:truce:

AngelMom,

You make me scared to post because, I know my punctuation is never right.

AngelMom,

You make me scared to post because, I know my punctuation is never right.

There is a big difference between making some mistakes and a long, four paragraph run-on post with no capitals or punctuation.

I mean no disrespect, but I really want to read it and can't understand it all! I think there is good stuff in there but I can't get through it.

I certainly make plenty of mistakes - that is not it. Really...not trying to be judgmental at all.

I agree, AngelMom. Martin, you have some interesting points, but I can only get through about half without getting confused.

if you break it up into shorter groups of words even without punctuation that would help.

I don't really think the McCanns would have purchased 1 less ticket. BUT, then again IMO they've done some stupid things.

I don't really think the McCanns would have purchased 1 less ticket. BUT, then again IMO they've done some stupid things.

Yes, you are probably right. I guess the real question is...Did they purchase round-trip or one-way? That could be the smoking gun for innocence vs. guilty for me.

No matter how cheap they are, I doubt they would be so stupid as not to purchase a return ticket for Madeleine!

No matter how cheap they are, I doubt they would be so stupid as not to purchase a return ticket for Madeleine!

I know...I mean for ALL of them. If it was supposed to be a 1 week holiday, you would assume they would purchase round trip tickets for the entire family, but if they didn't, (and purchased one-way tickets for the entire family) that would mean to me, that they knew they where ALL going to be staying longer. Does that make sence?

I know...I mean for ALL of them. If it was supposed to be a 1 week holiday, you would assume they would purchase round trip tickets for the entire family, but if they didn't, (and purchased one-way tickets for the entire family) that would mean to me, that they knew they where ALL going to be staying longer. Does that make sence?
Right I understand but i think that a package holiday is based on return tickets!

I think they bought the roundtrip tickets, but the bigger question to me now is...where's Gerry's tennis bag?

Was a list ever made of what, if my, items were taken from the apartment the night that Maddie disappeared?

Did Gerry play golf at all while on vacation?

Was a list ever made of what, if my, items were taken from the apartment the night that Maddie disappeared?

Did Gerry play golf at all while on vacation?

Didn't one of their double wide strollers get stolen? If I remember correctly, that was the excuse for the 2nd rental stroller. (3 wheeled vs. 4 wheeled)

So that would be 3 things missing:

Stroller
Tennis Bag
Madeleine

According to my sources the mccanns when travelling to portugal they used thomson travel from coventry airport in warwickshire and when returning to england they used easyjet to east midlands airport in leicestershire....snip

Interesting. After surfing the Thompson Web site for quite a while, I don't see that they even offer the Mark Warner Ocean Club as one of their resort destinations. I put in all the info you gave and used the dates the McCanns used for 2008, (though starting and ending on the same day of the week the McCanns used). There where only 3 hotels available for a family with 3 kids, (Ocean club not one) and all packages included a rental car.

In order to better understand this post, I have done some creative editing (hope you don't mind martin, I will delete the post if I have offended you in any way). Please see my bolded questions below:

martin walkerdine said: According to my sources, the McCanns, when traveling to Portugal, used Thomson Travel from Coventry airport in Warwickshire and when returning to England they used Easyjet to East Midlands airport in Leicestershire.

While at Faro Airport (please, elaborate...when were they at Faro Airport and why?) they traveled to the airport in the hired vehicle that was later confirmed as the source of DNA that was alleged to be that of Madeleine McCann. The car was hired by Kate McCann's brother Michael McCann (I thought Kate was an only child? I cannot find reference to Michael McCann) who then returned to the holiday resort. This is just a thought, that inside the vehicle there might have been the child in a suitcase, or a big blue tennis bag, which belonged to Gerry McCann. This bag was later dumped somewhere between Faro Airport and the holiday resort. This would have been around the time when the McCann family were going to visit the Pope at the Vatican. That trip would have been for a public exercise in spinning the news to their favour when they already knew that their daughter was killed and dumped in a field (or in water). This would be hard to investigate after a long period of time as the body in water would start to degrade in water (within a week), while on land it would take longer.

I believe that the McCanns used the meal with the other 7 people as a decoy in a plan that was already in the works. The child was already dead after a incident inside the apartment which lead them to panic. They were scared because they were in another country with different laws and culture. They decided to cover up and spin the truth (in vain). They hoped that they would not be caught or be charged with this incident, that might have happened.

On Robert Murat, the other suspect , he only became a suspect due to his asking to many questions to the press. Does this make him guilty of a crime he might have not committed? The Sunday Mirror (a newspaper in England) reported him to the police, on this assumption, without any facts on the case . The police were still, and are still, looking into the case to determine if it is a murder, kidnapping, missing child investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard