Sunday Night Prayer Poll

The A's keep the Sun. Prayer Vigil in the driveway

• it is their driveway and they will keep having it there, no matter what.

Votes: 61 42.4%
  • they want the protesters to be there, and all h*ll to break loose!

Votes: 52 36.1%
  • they do not possess the intellect to ask the Church for a room/hall.

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • they did ask the Church and they said NO!

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

boogiebear

Reaction score
Last night my friends and family happen to be discussing this case. The subject of the Sunday night Prayer Vigil in the driveway came up. We were all trying to understand it's purpose, and where it was. Here is your chance to comment.
This is totally your opinion and neither right nor wrong.

It shouldn't be going on. Doesn't a protest need to have a permit when conducted on private property? This is nothing but a protest really

I have a had time with prayer, I don't feel that things can be changed with prayer. If someone is sick and dieing, prayer to me is not going to change that they are going to die or their not. If Caylee is kidnapped,prayer will not bring her home,if the people/person that has decides to release her then they will. If Caylee is deceased then she's deceased. To me, praying for something good to come out of something bad just sets a person up for disappointment in my opinion.

This is more like a support rally than a pray vigil anyway it should be stopped if the protesters are going to be stopped

This is more like a support rally than a pray vigil anyway it should be stopped if the protesters are going to be stopped

Monoxide the strange thing is(we had a lawyer in the house last night also) the A's can be halted by the Home Owner's Association from having that Prayer Vigil because they signed a contract with the HOA, but the protesters and the media being on public property can do what they like, and the HOA has no control over them, because the roads were built by the city. If it was a private road with private up keep then yes, they could stop the protesters, but right now they(HOA) cannot command the private citizens or the media what they can and can't do with a public road or sidewalk.

Monoxide the strange thing is(we had a lawyer in the house last night also) the A's can be halted by the Home Owner's Association from having that Prayer Vigil because they signed a contract with the HOA, but the protesters and the media being on public property can do what they like, and the HOA has no control over them, because the roads were built by the city. If it was a private road with private up keep then yes, they could stop the protesters, but right now they(HOA) cannot command the private citizens or the media what they can and can't do with a public road or sidewalk.

Good I actually hope they get to stay as long as they keep their children at home

It's their driveway and their friends and family can gather and pray if invited by the Anthony's. no laws broken there!

I voted the Church said NO
I don't believe a Church, any Church, would want their name associated with supporting Casey.
Caylee yes, Casey no.

I can't imagine that any church would not grant a request to hold a prayer vigil for a lost 3 year old. I also can't imagine why anyone has a problem with the Anthonys holding the vigil outside the home where Caylee lived and was loved for 3 years. Is there some reason people shouldn't pray for Caylee? Isn't she worthy?

When the protests and vigils first started, a sheriff stated on tv that a permit is needed if there are more than 100 people attending such an event. The night he said that, there were less than 100.
I bet they keep having the vigil at home because their mindset is that it is their home and they invite people to the vigil.

I do not think their driveway is the proper place for a prayer vigil. Just IMO.

I can't imagine that any church would not grant a request to hold a prayer vigil for a lost 3 year old. I also can't imagine why anyone has a problem with the Anthonys holding the vigil outside the home where Caylee lived and was loved for 3 years. Is there some reason people shouldn't pray for Caylee? Isn't she worthy?

I agree so completely. Prayer is so incredibly powerful... I have seen it's power first hand time and time again.... where the answer to prayer is the only explanation of the outcome. PM me if you would like more details of these events.
No church that I know of would refuse to hold a prayer vigil for this precious baby. Even if they firmly believed Casey to have killed Caylee, still the prayer vigil would certainly not be refused. God's love and mercy is shown through the love and mercy of His people, amongst other ways.
And of course they should be able to hold one on their own property. This is America people!:usa:

God doesn't care where you are when you gather together in His name and pray. Yea, I would probably opt for the Church where there is more privacy, thus uninterupted time with God... but there is no wrong place to pray. The Bible says that when two or more are gathered together in His name, He will be with us... It doesn't say that we must be in a Church, or in our Sunday Best.
Not being argumentative, just making a point.

Since I could pick just one I chose the intellect about the church. I said this because I truly think they enjoy the drama that happens outside of their home, hence why they keep confronting the protestors. So it would never occur to them to ask the church if they could have the vigil there in a neutral area away from KC. JMO

It's their driveway and their friends and family can gather and pray if invited by the Anthony's. no laws broken there!

It might break their contract they signed with the HOA, to have a gathering on their property. Most contracts with have a clause in it concerning creating a public nuisance and causing a disruption in the neighborhood. Not sure if that is what they agreed to, but if the HOA wanted to and that was in their contract, then the HOA could make the Anthony's stop, and if they refuse, they can fine them or worse. It has nothing to do with the A's breaking the law, it has to do with their contract with the HOA.
(It also has nothing to do with them praying. It could just as well be a wild pool party, that upset everyone)

I couldn't pick any I liked ... I don't think it's anyones business where when or how a vigil is held, I wouldn't want anyone dictating to me when I can hold a prayer meeting, don't we have separation between church and state ? Aren't there young men and women losing their lives as we speak for this freedom ?

The problem is that this activity is creating a spectacle with many cars driving by and protestors screaming all during the vigil. Everyone knows when it will be and where and with all the strangers present it's creating a nuisance in the neighborhood not to mention a dangerous situation that could erupt into fighting. Also the fact that the person who possibly murdered Caylee is sitting inside the house while this is going on is more than a bit bizarre. I am honestly worried about everyone's safety here. I think the Anthony's would be wise to move the vigil to another location. It would take the stress off the neighborhood, allow for more room for people who wish to attend a vigil - if it were in a church it would be hard for the protestors to enter - so that would be a good thing and it would accomplish the same goal which is to honor Caylee. Last night I was more than a little concerned that the crowd would rush the house and possibly grab Casey and haul her out of there or alternatively that someone would drive by and do something unfortunate. With the heightened emotions and things that have already occurred there, a vigil at the Anthony house is just not safe.

I don't think that holding the prayer vigils are a problem at all. What I feel is the problem is that you are not welcome to attend the prayer vigil unless you support Casey. So I have to wonder, is the prayer vigil actually for Caylee or for Casey?

The problem is that this activity is creating a spectacle with many cars driving by and protestors screaming all during the vigil. Everyone knows when it will be and where and with all the strangers present it's creating a nuisance in the neighborhood not to mention a dangerous situation that could erupt into fighting. Also the fact that the person who possibly murdered Caylee is sitting inside the house while this is going on is more than a bit bizarre. I am honestly worried about everyone's safety here. I think the Anthony's would be wise to move the vigil to another location. It would take the stress off the neighborhood, allow for more room for people who wish to attend a vigil - if it were in a church it would be hard for the protestors to enter - so that would be a good thing and it would accomplish the same goal which is to honor Caylee. Last night I was more than a little concerned that the crowd would rush the house and possibly grab Casey and haul her out of there or alternatively that someone would drive by and do something unfortunate. With the heightened emotions and things that have already occurred there, a vigil at the Anthony house is just not safe.

Those are very real and reasonable concerns.

I don't think that holding the prayer vigils are a problem at all. What I feel is the problem is that you are not welcome to attend the prayer vigil unless you support Casey. So I have to wonder, is the prayer vigil actually for Caylee or for Casey?

Is there a link to Cindy saying that anyone who doesn't support Casey is not welcome at the Vigils? I've only seen that posted as a rumor. The neighbor lady in the blue shirt who was there during the fight with the protesters on Saturday night made it quite clear that she felt Casey was guilty, she even said she didn't like Casey, yet Cindy hugged her and didn't seem to hold it against her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back