Do you look for Caylee when you're out in public?

Evan's Mom

Reaction score
This question is for everyone, regardless of whether you believe that Caylee is alive or dead.
When you are out and about living your normal life, do you find yourself looking at children to see if by some slight chance they might be Caylee?

I do it everywhere I go.
My sister, my daughter and my boyfriend do too and most of my friends that "know Caylee is dead" do too. I guess that's what brought me to this question in the first place. The fact that they are convinced she is gone for good, but still look for her anyway.

I try to keep an eye out for all missing children and even wanted criminals lol

I try to keep an eye out for all missing children and even wanted criminals lol

I've started doing that since this case began and I've become more aware of our missing children.

I've started doing that since this case began and I've become more aware of our missing children.

I lived in Lady Lake when Trenton Duckett went missing so I guess I started doing it back then

I lived in Lady Lake when Trenton Duckett went missing so I guess I started doing it back then

I was coming back to edit that even though I think Trenton Duckett is dead, I've been looking for him a lot too.
I work for a Korean company, and I've even started scoping out the company kids.

I was coming back to edit that even though I think Trenton Duckett is dead, I've been looking for him a lot too.
I work for a Korean company, and I've even started scoping out the company kids.

I honestly don't know what to think about him. I think Melinda has a good plan and I actually believe her more than I believe Casey. I actually have a bit of sympathy for her as opposed to Casey

I honestly don't know what to think about him. I think Melinda has a good plan and I actually believe her more than I believe Casey. I actually have a bit of sympathy for her as opposed to Casey

Then maybe I should read up on his case more.
Of course it will have to be when Caylee's settles down, but I really would like to know more about him and Madeline.

Then maybe I should read up on his case more.
Of course it will have to be when Caylee's settles down, but I really would like to know more about him and Madeline.

Yeah they are all extremely interesting

I do too. I dont go to town much, but when I do, I seem to feel overwhelmed by that ever since. I think sometimes it will be hard not to, even after we know the truth. Caylee image is ingrained in my head all the time now. She has become a part of our familys daily life, so much that even my boys ask me whats new and if they found her yet. But I will add, that whenever I see my little girl enter the room, I smile so big knowing I have her. I hug her way more than I ever did and I am one of those mothers who is so protective. Even though I spend a lot of time on this forum, when I do have moments with my little girl- I am so connected to her now. I couldnt imagine my life without her, I could never throw her away or lose her. I told her today with a big old mommy dragon hug (thats our thing- shes the baby dragon) I told her if she ever got lost I would look everywhere and I wouldnt stop until I found her. Caylees story has brought this awareness to my homelife, I dont just exist & think its my job- I make an extra effort to really be there in the moment.

I do too. I dont go to town much, but when I do, I seem to feel overwhelmed by that ever since. I think sometimes it will be hard not to, even after we know the truth. Caylee image is ingrained in my head all the time now. She has become a part of our familys daily life, so much that even my boys ask me whats new and if they found her yet. But I will add, that whenever I see my little girl enter the room, I smile so big knowing I have her. I hug her way more than I ever did and I am one of those mothers who is so protective. Even though I spend a lot of time on this forum, when I do have moments with my little girl- I am so connected to her now. I couldnt imagine my life without her, I could never throw her away or lose her. I told her today with a big old mommy dragon hug (thats our thing- shes the baby dragon) I told her if she ever got lost I would look everywhere and I wouldnt stop until I found her. Caylees story has brought this awareness to my homelife, I dont just exist & think its my job- I make an extra effort to really be there in the moment.

That is why this case is so insane. It seems people who don't even know he seem to be looking for her more than her own family.

Although I believe Caylee to be...gone, I found myself looking. And this case has me looking into more missing children cases and I look for them when I'm at the mall, grocery store so on and so forth.

Yes! I have been looking for little Caylee everwhere I go especially during the last month.

I live right off of Interstate 10 which runs from California to Florida. And since hurricanes Gustav and Ike hit, we have had a lot of out of town people in our area. So everytime I am out and about, especially while dining out I am constantly scoping out the restaurant looking for her! Of course my hubby thinks that I have absolutely lost my mind but I don't listen to him and look for her anyway. I don't think I could sleep at night (unlike her own family) if I didn't take some part of searching for her in my own way. If I lived closer to Orlando, I would have definitely been searching for her since day one!

Even though I know in my heart she is most likely no longer with us, I still have that small piece of hope that maybe, just maybe she could be found alive!

Doesn't hurt to dream, does it???????????????

I don't look for Caylee or even look at other people's children that much while out in public, but I think I'd notice if I saw a child in a store that looked alot like Caylee.

Yes. I do look. I live in South Texas and many children here have dark hair and dark hazel eyes. I'm sure I've aroused the suspicions of many mothers when I peer into their stollers to catch a glimpse of their daughters, Caylee's age.

I am obsessed with this case and I can't say why for sure. Just wish that out of the madness we could locate the little girl and make her safe.

I don't look for her when I'm out. However, every time I do go out like to shop or whatever I'm always thinking about her. Also, when I drive home from work since I live right down the road. I hate to say this but I'm going to be honest. I look at retention ponds, sides of the road, wooded areas etc to see if I can get ANY signs of where she's at. This is going to sound majorly gross so don't read on....when the case first broke I would smell every area I went. Like fast food rest., gas stations etc. I know that sounds terrible but you feel so desperate:confused:

This question is for everyone, regardless of whether you believe that Caylee is alive or dead.
When you are out and about living your normal life, do you find yourself looking at children to see if by some slight chance they might be Caylee?

I do it everywhere I go.
My sister, my daughter and my boyfriend do too and most of my friends that "know Caylee is dead" do too. I guess that's what brought me to this question in the first place. The fact that they are convinced she is gone for good, but still look for her anyway.

Yes I look and I am in Ohio.

I had a weird experience several weeks ago. I was on my way to a dr.'s appt. and got on the elevator to go to the 7th floor. A man got on with a little girl, looked to be about 3. I didn't pay much attention at first, but she turned her head around and looked up at him, and she looked a lot like Caylee. Medium brown hair, with big dark eyes. Not sure if they were brown or hazel, they were just dark. My heart went up to my throat, and my first thought was "OMG!" The little girl tried to walk off the elevator just before the door closed, and the man was standing at the back of it, next to me. I wanted to tell him, Take her hand! She could be hurt! She hesitated and then stepped back into the elevator again, but looked like she wanted to get off again. The man never once acted concerned. I made sure to study her face but when I did, she just looked similar, not identical to Caylee's pictures, and the hair was lighter. But I read somewhere that Cindy said Caylee's hair looks darker in pictures than it actually is.
Anyway... I live in Texas, so I don't consciously look for her... but I pay attention to kids all the time, and do take note if they ever look like they don't belong to someone, or if they act uncomfortable with them.

No, I don't. I would feel awkward looking in other people's ponds or dumpsters.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back