Starting from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://burgerchef.webs.com/5earlypictures.htm
(the young man, last on right) (this is a INDIANA location)

thanks! BBM. If the picture which you are talking about was takin about 1961 - the estimated date the building was built anyone in this picture would likely be too old to be BK. with him being appx 13 in 61.

Great lead to look at Carolwood!

though I would look at whether the Colorado BC's were sold or closed down. I don't know that BK would have known of all BC locations in Colorado, so he may not have been there in 96.

IIRC, the white spot ( I would have to look for the picture ) looks like it was housed in an old BC building.

ETA: I was wrong about the White Spots looking liket hey were housed in old BC buildings. Here is a link with some drawings and photos of some old White Spot's in Colorado.
http://www.modmidmod.com/

more pictures of white spots here:
http://www.thedenvereye.com/white-spot/

I was reading the bio of Dave Thomas, who founded the Wendy's hamburger chain in 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Thomas_(American_businessman)

The thing that I found interesting was that before Dave Thomas founded Wendy's, he used to work for the Clauss Family.

The Clauss Family owned a restaurant in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Their Fort Wayne restaurant became a KFC franchise and they eventually owned KFC franchises in the midwest.

I wonder if the Clauss Family owned any KFC franchise restaurants in the Indianapolis area in the 1960's. My thinking is that the Clauss Family could be a familiar name for BK.

The writ of Mandemus believe09 mentioned in the "Just a suggestion" thread as an option made available to Mr. Kyle to obtain a social security number back in August of 2009.

Can someone further explain this? I recall reading early on that Mr. Kyle claimed the only way for him to obtain a 'new' social security number was to claim illegal alien status.

ETA: found the post where Mr. Kyle answered this question:

Social Security says that Benjaman cannot be given a New Social Security Number because he claims to be a US citizen. Since he is a citizen they say the presumption is that he already has one so they cannot issue him another. If he would claim to be an alien(not the outer space kind) they could issue him a SS Number or a TIN(taxpayer identification Number).

Direct link to above post:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3987498&postcount=44"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Questions Specifically for Benjaman[/ame]

I'd like to see an accurate description of what this Writ of Mandemus entails as well as it's requirements regarding citizenship, as I am not at all familiar with what exactly this means.

Thanks!

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandamus[/ame]
'snipped'

For other uses, see Mandamus (disambiguation).
A writ of mandamus or mandamus (which means "we command" in [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin"]Latin[/ame]), or sometimes mandate, is the name of one of the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prerogative_writ"]prerogative writs[/ame] in the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law"]common law[/ame], and is "issued by a superior court to compel a lower court or a government officer to perform mandatory or purely ministerial duties correctly".[1]
Mandamus is a [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_remedy"]judicial remedy[/ame] which is in the form of an order from a superior court to any government, subordinate court, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation"]corporation[/ame] or [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_authority"]public authority[/ame] to do or forbear from doing some specific act which that body is obliged under law to do or refrain from doing, as the case may be, and which is in the nature of public duty and in certain cases of a statutory duty.[2] It cannot be issued to compel an authority to do something against statutory provision.
Mandamus may be a command to do an administrative action or not to take a particular action, and it is supplemented by [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_right"]legal rights[/ame]. In the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States"]American[/ame] legal system it must be a judicially enforceable and legally protected right before one suffering a grievance can ask for a mandamus. A person can be said to be aggrieved only when he is denied a legal right by someone who has a legal duty to do something and abstains from doing it.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-writ-of-mandamus.htm
'snipped'

A writ of mandamus is a court order which compels someone to execute a duty which he or she is legally compelled to complete. This type of writ can also be used to order a lower court to complete a duty which is assigned by law. The writ of mandamus is rarely used, because it must be demonstrated that there is no other remedy available and that someone is suffering an injustice as a result of the failure to complete a legally required duty. It can also be very disruptive and for that reason judges are reluctant to grant such writs unless they are truly necessary.

Cubby: I think the info about writ of mandamus was obtained from a federal judge. BK can petition the court himself.

I believe BK can file himself without any cost either due to his circumstances. I know the courts allow that when the petitioner can not afford court costs.

Two things.

First, this is copied from the Solve the BK mystery facebook page previously linked.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Benja...elp-Solve-this-Real-Life-Mystery/136039394171

First, it is my understanding Richmond PD believed Mr. Kyle was homeless at the time he was found and still stands by that belief (according to previous posts.) When was it ever determined by LE that Mr. Kyle was not a transient or homeless?

Secondly, is it apparent to anyone besides myself that NB and possibly BK himself refuse to investigate the possiblity that Mr. Kyle may have been a transient? I am getting the impression, much of the pressure that BK may be feeling comes directly from NB herself. Perhaps Mr. Kyle has heard so many nice and kind things, compliments of himself from NB, she has convinced him it would be shameful in some sort of way if he was homeless. Perhaps she can not convince herself of that possiblity.

IIRC, there were some leads from a minister in TX who believes he met BK in the mid 80's, gave a description of this man, and BK/NB absolutely flat out refused to investigate that possibility because it is not possible in their minds Mr. Kyle may have in fact been homeless.

I really have to state the limited avenues BK and NB choose to pursue, along with the blatent mistatements repeated over and over Mr. Kyle was severly beaten are a tremendous hinderance to his being identified.

I am still hoping to see the documentation which proves there are no records that Mr. Kyle was ever severly beaten and that is a myth coming from either NB, BK and continued by CF.

JMO

I think also, the reason this avenue wasn't taken(getting a new ssn), is due to loosing rights to his old ss number when he is identified and loosing benefits he already has?

One more thought. This has crossed my mind. I wonder if BK actually wants to be identified. I wonder because of the numerous questions he refuses to answer, particularly the question if he recalls 9-11, and the refusal to give any more information other than generalities with regards to his knowledge in the restaurant industry.

He seems to be avoiding certain avenues which may greatly assist with obtaining his identity.

JMO.

I think also, the reason this avenue wasn't taken(getting a new ssn), is due to loosing rights to his old ss number when he is identified and loosing benefits he already has?

See this may be another 'myth'. We don't know what kind of temporary id or what is available to Mr. Kyle. I have not yet seen any proof that if he obtained whatever id would allow him to legally work, he would in fact lose any previously earned social security benefits.

jmo

Two things.

First, this is copied from the Solve the BK mystery facebook page previously linked.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Benja...elp-Solve-this-Real-Life-Mystery/136039394171

First, it is my understanding Richmond PD believed Mr. Kyle was homeless at the time he was found and still stands by that belief (according to previous posts.) When was it ever determined by LE that Mr. Kyle was not a transient or homeless?

Secondly, is it apparent to anyone besides myself that NB and possibly BK himself refuse to investigate the possiblity that Mr. Kyle may have been a transient? I am getting the impression, much of the pressure that BK may be feeling comes directly from NB herself. Perhaps Mr. Kyle has heard so many nice and kind things, compliments of himself from NB, she has convinced him it would be shameful in some sort of way if he was homeless. Perhaps she can not convince herself of that possiblity.

IIRC, there were some leads from a minister in TX who believes he met BK in the mid 80's, gave a description of this man, and BK/NB absolutely flat out refused to investigate that possibility because it is not possible in their minds Mr. Kyle may have in fact been homeless.

I really have to state the limited avenues BK and NB choose to pursue, along with the blatent mistatements repeated over and over Mr. Kyle was severly beaten are a tremendous hinderance to his being identified.

I am still hoping to see the documentation which proves there are no records that Mr. Kyle was ever severly beaten and that is a myth coming from either NB, BK and continued by CF.

JMO

I discovered this forum last August quite by accident (I usually stay in the Caylee forum and am a "mini mod" in that forum) and took an interest in this case since I am a local with many ties to the community (as I have posted about in the past). I was hopeful that I could possibly assist the efforts of the members in this forum since I had access locally, so devoted time from my crazy, busy schedule and began corresponding with Believe to catch me up on the details of the search over the previous 5 years.

I felt we were making some headway, but did get frustrated when it appeared TO ME that Benjaman was ignoring any direct questions. As some of you may remember, I took photos of the Burger King and surrounding area and posted them in this forum for reference. For a variety of reasons, by the end of the year, I made a personal decision to step out of this case as I personally began to believe that Benjaman and NB's actions in assisting our sleuthers were not indicative of someone who wanted our assistance, for whatever reason. I became aware of many inconsistencies, false reporting of facts, and false statements. I was on the verge of involving some local, (a few who were senior citizens) but had reservations due to questions I began having.

I do have to say, however, that I spent much time debating my decision to walk away, especially when considering all the intense efforts of so many of you, but most especially, Believe, who I came to know as someone who was completely dedicated to this case, but also very protective of all of you. I have, and will always, the utmost respect for this caring, compassionate, intelligent soul.

In light of recent events, I am now willing to come forward and state that I am the person who met with Lt Mike Albritton (now Capt) of the RHPD for over two hours in regards to this case and the events of the morning in August of 2004. (Tricia is well aware of who I am, my ties to the community and my past professional and personal relationship with M. Albritton.) At the time, a decision was made to not reveal all details that were relayed during our meeting as to why the RHPD stands firm in their belief that Benjaman was living in the homeless camp less than a mere 100 yds from the dumpster where he was found, with railroad tracks running nearby (!), due to our desire to be sympathetic to Benjaman as he was a member here. But since this seems to be a big issue now, and in order to keep this posting from getting too lengthy, I will bump my old "Questions for RHPD" thread and will state details of what I learned from RHPD, paramedics, and a nurse who was present in the ER at the time Benjaman arrived at St Joe's via ambulance.

But for me....this isn't about whether or not Benjaman was a homeless man or a CEO before the events of the morning in August when he was found. It is about whether or not this person wants OUR assistance in assisting HIM in determining his identity. I have read through every post in every thread on this forum and have yet found a posting from Benjaman stating "Please help me find out who I am!", and/or any real effort in assisting by answering questions in a direct manner.

So I guess my question would be....if months from now, through this DNA information, we were able to prove definitively the identity of "Benjaman Kyle" and passed this information along to him, but he chooses to either ignore, deny or do nothing with the information (like the SS info Believe has passed along), will it be worth our efforts? Will you feel as if your time and efforts were well spent? This is what I have been struggling with...

Thank you Kentjbkent. I appreciate your honesty as well as your thoughts and I fully agree. Definately some additional thoughts I had not yet considered, but very good questions.

I also used to be interested in this case, until, I personally felt BK has no interest in who he once was .... I also have a gut feeling it has nothing to do with him being homeless proir to his incident... think about it.. there IS a reason NO ONE knows who he is.... I feel it was MADE to appear that way... who am I to try to change that?

Again, I do not beleive Benjaman Kyle asked for anyones help...ever...I feel he was somehow FORCED to appear on Dr. Phil's show (which surprisingly turned up NOTHING)..

Well, I hope I don't get kicked off the board for stating my opinions, but, I feel the Governemnt IS involved with the "helping"or "staging" of this man who has no name, no identy and not one person in the world who knows him... ever watch the movie Face Off with Nicholas Cage??

Anyone know anything about the Mafia? Maybe this man was involved at some point in his life.. and needed an out.. and recieved it....
Remember.. not ALL Mafia member do drugs .. sell them...yes.. it is my understanding there are MANY that do not do them... perhaps BK was one of these men??

Well, if I get the boot off your site.. just want to let you all know you are wonderful at what you do .... great work!

True, who knows that BK might walk out his old life & never look back unless somebody found & identify him. There are plenty of people around here that still uses their alias names for secret life or walk out on their old life. It's sad situation.

It is a sad situation, but I do beleive it was created and also being protected ....
So, like I said.. I believe BK does not want to know about or return to the man he once was.... I for one believe he sould be who he wants to be and that appears to be a man who knows completley NOTHING of his past, who now has the name Benjamin Kyle.. I would like him to move on , love life and live the remainder of it in hapiness...as Mr. Benjamin Kyle.

How do you think he was "forced" to be on Dr Phil? He is a grown man, and if he did not want to do any of this, he could have put the stops on it. There have been alot of financial resources used for BK--those DNA tests cost money--if he had no interest, why would he continue all of this?

It is a sad situation, but I do beleive it was created and also being protected ....
So, like I said.. I believe BK does not want to know about or return to the man he once was.... I for one believe he sould be who he wants to be and that appears to be a man who knows completley NOTHING of his past, who now has the name Benjamin Kyle.. I would like him to move on , love life and live the remainder of it in hapiness...as Mr. Benjamin Kyle.

How do you think he was "forced" to be on Dr Phil? He is a grown man, and if he did not want to do any of this, he could have put the stops on it. There have been alot of financial resources used for BK--those DNA tests cost money--if he had no interest, why would he continue all of this?

Peer pressure or "public" pressure ... how do you think it would look if he outright refused to go on Dr. Phil show?
Or if he refused DNA testing?

Zaha, I have to admit I'm not big on conspiracy theories in general, though I agree that BK doesn't really want his old life back for whatever reason. However if his identity were being protected especially by the government, he NEVER would've been on the Dr. Phil show. They certainly have enough power to pull an episode of a show.

First, I would like to express that I am very sadden that Believe is leaving us. For whatever reason it may be, I hope she would pop in every now and then and give her thoughts or privately, if she prefers.
I myself, would like to continue to come here with thoughts and theories, whether or not Benjaman decides to join us are not. I still feel we have a live UID, and he needs help whether he is asking or not. I am sure LE would like to close this case.

Everyone have a Happy Easter.

First, I would like to express that I am very sadden that Believe is leaving us. For whatever reason it may be, I hope she would pop in every now and then and give her thoughts or privately, if she prefers.
I myself, would like to continue to come here with thoughts and theories, whether or not Benjaman decides to join us are not. I still feel we have a live UID, and he needs help whether he is asking or not. I am sure LE would like to close this case.

Everyone have a Happy Easter.

Happy Easter!

Carol, I give you credit.. you have many, many hours into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie