Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you found the right Cemetery!

attachment.php

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=30.6...NugvwtPHbimsCZnXg&cbp=12,222.78,,0,13.11&z=20

From the advertiser's FB page:

From Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft: "We believe those remains are Mickey Shunick's, but we are not 100%." Officials say they will have to wait for official test results to come back.

I do believe that BSL confessed. I just wonder why. I do think it was to his benefit. And that he thought so.
RIP Mickey!
I sure hope he confesses to more.

I think he must have confessed...look at how deep/dense that area looks and how many such areas there are like that, hundreds if not thousands...needle in a haystack for sure.

I think he must have confessed...look at how deep/dense that area looks and how many such areas there are like that, hundreds if not thousands...needle in a haystack for sure.

Another possibility -- he told someone else (or someone else knew, somehow) -- and that person has come forward.

If BSL confessed, I am pretty sure it was under a sweet deal. Sometimes LE has to make these infamous "deals with the devil". Harumph.

Chalie has stated before that her hope was that if and when this day came, she hoped that news media outlets would let the family be notified first before jumping to release the info in social media. She stated that she felt her family deserved this after being so open with their situation all along. Sadly, it seems her request was not honored. :(

The family cannot make the announcement.

When a body is found it must come from official sources. That does not mean to say they can't be there when this is done or make a statement following but they cannot make an official announcement in a murder investigation.

Well, I give all props to God. I KNEW that the only way they'd find her was if he told. I've been praying hard that he would. Regardless if his telling will benefit him or not, he will still never see the light of day as a free man...and sometimes living with your sins is worse than dying because of them.

The family cannot make the announcement.

When a body is found it must come from official sources. That does not mean to say they can't be there when this is done or make a statement following but they cannot make an official announcement in a murder investigation.

I don't think they wanted to make the announcement. They just want to be the first to know. That's how I read it

This morning I visited the shrine of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (I'm currently in NYC), the first US citizen to be canonized (Seton was the first American-born saint; Cabrini became a citizen but was born in Italy). I knelt in front of Mother Cabrini's body and told her Mickey's body needed to be found. I told her it needed to be found like this week, then took it back and said no, Mother Cabrini, it needs to be found today. Last week I was in Philadelphia and left an intention asking for Mickey's body to be found soon at the shrine of St. John Neumann.

Thank you Mother Cabrini & St. John Neumann for interceding for Mickey's family to be able to put her to rest and strengthen the prosecution's case (or possibly even getting BSL to confess). And thank you to the tons of volunteers, aware citizens who reported BSL, those who have donated money, police, Texas Equusearch, dog handlers, those who put up fliers, and all the others (including WSers who kept Mickey's case out there on this forum) who aided in Mickey's discovery.

Rest in peace sweet girl. Ride that bicycle path in the sky until you are reunited with your parents, siblings, and friends again.

From the advertiser's FB page:

From Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft: "We believe those remains are Mickey Shunick's, but we are not 100%." Officials say they will have to wait for official test results to come back.

They know it's her because he told them where she was. They, of course have to do all of the official things that need doing before a POSITIVE identification can legally be made. MOO

I think I am most shocked at his possible confession than anything else right now...and wondering if she would ever have been found if he hadn't (assuming he did.) I want to say I hope he did not confess, except I don't want her family to have to go through a trial in two years time, and still not have Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni