long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but why is there a discrepancy as to number of stabs poor Travis endured? I've heard from 27 to 29. Is it because the medical examiner was unable to establish an accurate count? Are they excluding the horrific neck slicing from the stab count?

And also, I hate Jodi.

I guess the difference is what your definition of "stab" is. A couple of wounds were described as defensive. So defense may object to them being called "stab" wounds. Just guessing here. That is the only difference I have heard so far. jmo

They should excuse him from the jury immediately; maybe he wants kicked off

Seriously????

Since when are jurors not allowed to sit outside?

More like how about the looky loos stop hanging around trying to get photos and autographs of Juan Martinez, who is in the middle of prosecuting a death penalty case.

:sigh:

Carried over from previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacky
Since JM brought it up, I'm hoping that it is too the DVR that was also stolen from paw paw's house the same day as the gun.
I thought it was taken by mistake from a guy's house-forget which one,but then she realized she had it
in the car,turned around and returned it.

It was DB's house that she had to return the remote to the DVR to - per her testimony. Let us not forget that a DVR was stolen in the "burglary" the previous week. I suspect she sold the DVR to DB to help fund her trip. I've thought so since I first heard about it.

Just wondering if we can honestly say this is a fact? All we know is it's being reported by the media but maybe I missed something.

True--it could be false. The only reporting I heard about it was the one I cited--Denver

I've made multiple posts on different threads--mods if this is wrong, just delete...

I am just so PIZZED off at this juror!! The afternoon the jurors are questioned about JM, this juror is sitting out there again?????????

Within an hour of testimony ending Thursday, the juror who has been seen in the past outside the courthouse after trial sat eating ice cream on a bench near a group of spectators who were waiting for the prosecutor.

Martinez chose to take a different exit Thursday afternoon and avoided the scene.

Read more: Allegations of misconduct sidetrack Arias trial - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ce-expert-testifies-arias-trial#ixzz2Ox1QetJ9
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

It does make you worry about this juror. Wonder what that's about? Is it a male or female?

Maybe they are waiting for someone to pick them up....

OT: I could use an ice cream cone.

Seriously????

Since when are jurors not allowed to sit outside?

More like how about the looky loos stop hanging around trying to get photos and autographs of Juan Martinez, who is in the middle of prosecuting a death penalty case.

:sigh:

I was just angry that these jurors were just interviewed to see if they saw JM outside the courthouse & this juror goes & hangs out there once again. I think it would be prudent NOT to hang around. JMOO.

I don't think ALV's line of thinking is unreasonable.

I have been with my husband for almost 20 years. We started dating when I was 17. I would be embarrassed to admit the number of screaming fights we've had. I've shoved him a couple times out of intense anger (many years ago, but it still isn't right). He has never laid a hand on me but he did punch a hole in the bedroom wall once during a fight.

We have a wonderful, beautiful, intensely caring and loving relationship. It's healthy but of course not perfect. We went through everything we went through for a reason and I am proud of how far we've come. I think it's been a pretty normal marriage so far, especially since we were married so very young.

Surely Ms. LV will say I should have left long ago, that we're both abusive and our relationship is incredibly unhealthy.

A "normal" relationship is pretty simple and black and white on paper. But living it that way is a different story. I dare anyone in a relationship to say they haven't had at least a few major fights or screaming matches.

Or, maybe I truly am a freak of nature.

No, you're not a freak of nature. Real relationships aren't as black and white as Ms. L would like anyone to believe. I've also been with my husband for just over 20 years and, as you say, there are low points in every relationship. The thing is, we both know that those low points do not ultimately *define* the relationship. I have confidence that what resonated with you and me about her testimony will also resonate with the jurors and they, too, will call bs on this gross oversimplification. They have lives and wives and husbands and boyfriends and girlfriends, too.

I also wanted to expand on my previous post (in the locked thread) about no woman revealing that they had had sex with Travis (if that is true, I don't know for sure). If it really was the case that Travis was a virgin, or in the least very inexperienced sexually, don't that give the balance of power to JA, at least according the ALV's definition?

It does make you worry about this juror. Wonder what that's about? Is it a male or female?

Maybe they are waiting for someone to pick them up....

OT: I could use an ice cream cone.

:floorlaugh:Yes! That would taste wonderful right about now! I haven't had one in a long time!

I was just angry that these jurors were just interviewed to see if they saw JM outside the courthouse & this juror goes & hangs out there once again. I think it would be prudent NOT to hang around. JMOO.

Juan should have bought him the ice cream.

Big eff off to Nurmi and the DT.

It's possible the person was waiting for a ride. Once they leave the courtroom they are free to go about their daily lives. They are not suppose to talk or view information about the case. A few days when I was on a jury I had to wait for my husband to pick me up and I waited for him at the courthouse. I was never told I had to immediately leave the property only not to discuss the case with anyone. jmo

Or maybe that is where the ice cream man is ???
Idk?

I spent all day at the doctor's yesterday and just caught up and sorry if this is old news or expression of thought but I have to, sorry.

The prosecutor did nothing wrong legally or in any other way that the defense would like to infer. I think the reason Katie was singled out was that she is a guest on a television show in which she is referred to as a "juror". She is someone who is in the courtroom, then on television as a "juror" then is pictured with her arm around the prosecutor. Apparently that was enough to get the defense's spidey underwear in a bunch. The prosecutor was humble and polite in these requests and being a good man he complied but if you like and respect the man as much as I do, why put him in that position.
The defense has nothing in winning this so desperate people will do anything that they can get away with to deflect from truths because truth hurts them. They are setting up for an appeal and will use any means to get one down the line. Everyone has seen the lies, the twisted inferences and the slander of a person not able to defend himself yet you are surprised by anything they attempt inside or outside the courtroom.
Thought I don't watch because it angers me I am glad the HLN has some THs that talk favorably about the defense's side. Sam Sheppard won an appeal because the press and public was one hundred percent against him and it showed bias. I think the Supreme Court referred to it as a Roman Holiday atmosphere. It would kill me if the guilty monster got even a hint of legal sympathy because of anything expressed by the public or the press.

I think she is acting like a *advertiser censored* star & I believe she knew that recording would find it's way into this trial. I believe it's part of her long-term plan to be famous if she is to get LWOP.

She will have a flock of followers just like KC and Scott Peterson. Even if she gets the DP - she will have a ton of guys who are enamored with her. They will put money on her books, they will propose marriage - all of that b.s.

HLN has turned this into an international media freakshow (just like with KC) and I believe she is loving every single minute of it. MOO

Do you think Jodi took that tape to her Bishop and played it for him? Jodi seemed to be unaware that Travis had already been to his Bishop to confess so I think she had some definite plans for that tape. I don't think she initially planned to use it as a defense because it was hidden for two years until she changed her story. If Jodi tried to expose their activities to church elders it would account for the reaction Travis had in his text of May 26th to her. I don't know what she did with this tape but I bet we are about to find out. Blackmail would be my number one choice for a reason. jmo

I've made multiple posts on different threads--mods if this is wrong, just delete...

I am just so PIZZED off at this juror!! The afternoon the jurors are questioned about JM, this juror is sitting out there again?????????

Within an hour of testimony ending Thursday, the juror who has been seen in the past outside the courthouse after trial sat eating ice cream on a bench near a group of spectators who were waiting for the prosecutor.

Martinez chose to take a different exit Thursday afternoon and avoided the scene.

Read more: Allegations of misconduct sidetrack Arias trial - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ce-expert-testifies-arias-trial#ixzz2Ox1QetJ9
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

IMO, they need to dismiss this particular juror. Then again, perhaps this is what the juror wants?

IMO, they need to dismiss this particular juror. Then again, perhaps this is what the juror wants?

Why? Court ends for the day, so the juror goes outside to wait for his wife to get off work and come pick him up. They're not sequestered, he doesn't have to stay in the building.

What a great quote!

I'm not really a jealous person either but I've had my moments. It's a horrible feeling and it takes you over and eats up your insides. It's a pointless, destructive emotion, IMO.

There is jealousy borne from insecurity, and then there is an emotion that is within EVERY human that cannot be controlled. We think of "jealous" as negative, because most often it is, but there is something that.....if the most happy and secure-with-each-other couple in the world sees a stranger talking or getting too chummy with their spouse, will feel a little kick of this emotion. I can't call it jealousy, because it isn't TRULY jealousy, but it will happen to any and everyone at some point.

I also wanted to expand on my previous post (in the locked thread) about no woman revealing that they had had sex with Travis (if that is true, I don't know for sure). If it really was the case that Travis was a virgin, or in the least very inexperienced sexually, don't that give the balance of power to JA, at least according the ALV's definition?

iirc - Travis said on the sex tape that he had never masterbated before. His words were (j@cked off) & that the KY jelly that JA provided made it much better. He said he had never heard of it before.

I don't see why....he/she is not doing anything wrong and has not done anything wrong. It's the media making it into something it isn't.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, Jodi's testimony being replayed...

I highly doubt Travis would of chased Jodi whilst nude after she dropped the camera.

She even says she shut the closet door as he was chasing her. :what:

I spent all day at the doctor's yesterday and just caught up and sorry if this is old news or expression of thought but I have to, sorry.

The prosecutor did nothing wrong legally or in any other way that the defense would like to infer. I think the reason Katie was singled out was that she is a guest on a television show in which she is referred to as a "juror". She is someone who is in the courtroom, then on television as a "juror" then is pictured with her arm around the prosecutor. Apparently that was enough to get the defense's spidey underwear in a bunch. The prosecutor was humble and polite in these requests and being a good man he complied but if you like and respect the man as much as I do, why put him in that position.
The defense has nothing in winning this so desperate people will do anything that they can get away with to deflect from truths because truth hurts them. They are setting up for an appeal and will use any means to get one down the line. Everyone has seen the lies, the twisted inferences and the slander of a person not able to defend himself yet you are surprised by anything they attempt inside or outside the courtroom.
Thought I don't watch because it angers me I am glad the HLN has some THs that talk favorably about the defense's side. Sam Sheppard won an appeal because the press and public was one hundred percent against him and it showed bias. I think the Supreme Court referred to it as a Roman Holiday atmosphere. It would kill me if the guilty monster got even a hint of legal sympathy because of anything expressed by the public or the press.

With sick sites like "JA is Innocent", we probably don't have to worry about a claim that 100% of the public are against her. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44