MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #4 - *D. Lane guilty*

I wonder how the cadaver dog hit in the closet fits in? Once D'andre caused Bianca's skull fracture (don't like to think about how THAT happened, it sure wasn't from "paddling" her butt) did he then immediately realize she was dead, or dying? Hid her in the closet until morning because he knew he couldn't put her back in bed with her sister, as she might wake up and notice Bianca's condition?

*sigh*

Could it have been clothing? If Bianca was in her PJ's when she died DL might have changed her in order to take her out in style.

Lane told police he kept hitting Bianca with the wooden part of the paddle to keep her up.

Lane said he was hanging out with his nephew and at one point hit Bianca, "popping her on the butt."

"I doubt it even hurt like that," Lane told police.

The girl, Lane said, had trouble falling asleep, and he kept her up with him until 3:30 a.m.

http://www.freep.com/article/201205...e-Lane-Bianca-Jones-disappearance-examination

It probably didn't take the cops more than a blink to see through this story.
Hello? Anybody home upstairs? If your child has trouble falling asleep it might help if you stop beating her on the butt...

Could it have been clothing? If Bianca was in her PJ's when she died DL might have changed her in order to take her out in style.

http://www.freep.com/article/201205...e-Lane-Bianca-Jones-disappearance-examination

It probably didn't take the cops more than a blink to see through this story.
Hello? Anybody home upstairs? If your child has trouble falling asleep it might help if you stop beating her on the butt...

BBM Oh, didn't think of that. I think that is entirely possible.

D'andre's story just really makes no sense (yes, we all realize this, it is just bugging me to no end). He said he kept her awake because she hit her head, but yet in the above article he is quoted as saying she had trouble falling asleep. Well isn't that a contradiction right there? He either tried to keep her awake by "popping" her on the legs (as in she WANTED to sleep), or she didn't go to bed until 3:30 am because she was having trouble falling asleep. Well which is it?

But like you said, Donjeta, maybe she was having "trouble" falling asleep due to her father wacking her with his freakin homemade paddle. :sick:

I wonder how the cadaver dog hit in the closet fits in? Once D'andre caused Bianca's skull fracture (don't like to think about how THAT happened, it sure wasn't from "paddling" her butt) did he then immediately realize she was dead, or dying? Hid her in the closet until morning because he knew he couldn't put her back in bed with her sister, as she might wake up and notice Bianca's condition?

*sigh*

Good question...
but roomie said both girls were sleeping together when she got home...
and NEVER saw any abuse.

Hmmmm... I would bet on your explanation over hers!:banghead:

Good question...
but roomie said both girls were sleeping together when she got home...
and NEVER saw any abuse.
Hmmmm... I would bet on your explanation over hers!:banghead:

Well, apparently MY definition of abuse and what those "close" to D'andre think is abuse differ greatly. Myself, I think that hitting a child of any age for having bathroom accidents is abuse. Stuffing a little girls' wet underpants in her mouth for the same reason is abuse. Hitting your children with a STICK to make sure they grow up as "good people" (paraphrasing DL Jr.) is abuse.

I am trying really hard to not say inappropriate things about many the people in Bianca's/D'andre's circle. I just don't like how much "paddling" and other physical punishment seems to be the norm here and no one thinks it is odd. To me, that is not normal. I just don't like hitting children, don't like it at all. Please, those of you who do spank your kids, don't come down on me too hard. :) Just stating my opinion. (and I am not insinuating anyone here hits their kids with a big stick ;) )

ETA: Oh, I also wanted to add, I definitely do not think that Banika would have ever thought thought that D'andre's "discipline" would lead to the death of poor Bianca. Just clarifying, I am not blaming her.

It may be next to impossible for her, but Mom is going to need to come to terms with Bianca being deceased before the actual trial. It can be difficult enough for LE to gain a conviction in cases without the victim being found...they really need her all the way on board, not saying things like she doesn't believe he would have hurt her, for example...JMO

I don't think it would matter to me too much if I was a juror. If there was solid evidence that his story was a lie and he admits to beating her with a stick and a head injury and other children of his testify that they were abused, I would just chalk the mother's words up to denial.

http://www.freep.com/article/201205...ading-daughter-s-disappearance-doesn-t-add-up

Special Agent Chris Hess, an expert in cellular phone analysis, testified Lane's cell phone activity the morning of Dec. 2 was not consistent with where Lane told law enforcement he was leading up to the carjacking.

Hess said based on Lane's cell phone activity he expected two sectors of a specific cell phone tower to be used. But a call was picked up on the third sector, Hess said, which indicates Lane may have been in a different area. Hess added there were no phone calls made from Lane's phone between 8:55 a.m. and 9:47 a.m., when a 911 call was made from the phone.

http://www.freep.com/article/201205...ading-daughter-s-disappearance-doesn-t-add-up

Special Agent Chris Hess, an expert in cellular phone analysis, testified Lane's cell phone activity the morning of Dec. 2 was not consistent with where Lane told law enforcement he was leading up to the carjacking.

Hess said based on Lane's cell phone activity he expected two sectors of a specific cell phone tower to be used. But a call was picked up on the third sector, Hess said, which indicates Lane may have been in a different area. Hess added there were no phone calls made from Lane's phone between 8:55 a.m. and 9:47 a.m., when a 911 call was made from the phone.

Thanks so much for posting these updates. :)

So what was the phone call about that D'andre made to his roommate while he was near the college, I wonder? I know she testified that he called her AFTER he was "carjacked", but what about this one?

The more that I hear/read about D'Andre Lane's "parenting", the more :furious: I feel. I'm still reeling from the "urine-soaked panties stuffed into the 8-year-old daughter's mouth" when she had a toilet accident. I wanted so much to believe that this sort of abuse happens only in made-for-TV movies and not in real life - less than 20 miles from my suburban-Detroit home :banghead: Please say it ain't so! :please:

The more that I hear/read about D'Andre Lane's "parenting", the more :furious: I feel. I'm still reeling from the "urine-soaked panties stuffed into the 8-year-old daughter's mouth" when she had a toilet accident. I wanted so much to believe that this sort of abuse happens only in made-for-TV movies and not in real life - less than 20 miles from my suburban-Detroit home :banghead: Please say it ain't so! :please:

You and me both. I've been refraining from saying this but here goes.
I think she had a diarrhea accident rather than the type of bed wetting accident we initially assumed. If she hit her head, and he wasn't making that up, then I will assume he pushed her face into the accident and I can't think about that more from there. I'm not even going to guess what caused the diarrhea (sp?) as that could happen from so many things at 24 mo's. For my son it was fruit juices not diluted with water at least 50%.

Clearly this man has no parenting skills. It's incomprehensible how any parent could do this to their little mini-me. Clearly Bianca looked almost like a little female version of her dna contributer. I won't call him the F word, because that term, opposite of mother, is reserved for those who actually do parent lovingly.

:furious:

Take a deep breath before you read this.....

I found this while searching for information on when the preliminary exam will be completed.

D’Andre Lane’s 16-year old nephew was called to the stand by the prosecutor to talk about Lane spanking Bianca with a stick, the day she disappeared.

He said Lane spanked the 2-year old for soiling her underpants. The nephew said Lane wanted to prove the stick didn’t hurt so Lane hit his nephew with it.

The defense said it was all in fun:

The article is too short for any more of a snippet.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05...sed-of-murder-of-missing-2-year-old-daughter/

I'm finding nothing regarding whether the preliminary exam came to a completion today or is expected to be continued further. :waiting: :waiting: Locals?

Folks, I usually have patience, but after what we've seen in the prelim exam, I'm ready to jump straight to the jury instructions.

Maybe I should use some of that Cub fan patience dust on myself.

:maddening:

I'm finding nothing regarding whether the preliminary exam came to a completion today or is expected to be continued further. :waiting: :waiting: Locals?

Folks, I usually have patience, but after what we've seen in the prelim exam, I'm ready to jump straight to the jury instructions.

Found this this morning in my searches .......

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120511/METRO01/205110355#ixzz1uZHHIS7O

"Testimony concluded Thursday in the preliminary examination of a father charged with the murder of his 2-year-old daughter, with an FBI agent claiming the defendant's story didn't match cell phone evidence."

"The preliminary examination is to resume May 29."

More ............. :waiting: :waiting:

~

~

Now we have to wait a few more weeks.....

Also from the link Guinevere posted in the previous post:

FBI Agent Christopher Hess testified Lane was unable to explain his whereabouts on Dec. 2 from 8:55 a.m. to 9:40 a.m., the time between phone calls.

In the video, Lane buried his head in his hands as he explained what he did that morning. When Hess asked him the time of the alleged carjacking, Lane said, "I can't remember … I really can't remember. It's not like I was looking at the clock."

Lane's 16-year-old nephew, who stayed at Lane's house the night before Bianca disappeared, testified Lane hit his daughter with a stick because she had defecated on herself.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120511/METRO01/205110355#ixzz1uZSpXlnd

Now we have to wait a few more weeks.....

Also from the link Guinevere posted in the previous post:

FBI Agent Christopher Hess testified Lane was unable to explain his whereabouts on Dec. 2 from 8:55 a.m. to 9:40 a.m., the time between phone calls.

In the video, Lane buried his head in his hands as he explained what he did that morning. When Hess asked him the time of the alleged carjacking, Lane said, "I can't remember … I really can't remember. It's not like I was looking at the clock."

Lane's 16-year-old nephew, who stayed at Lane's house the night before Bianca disappeared, testified Lane hit his daughter with a stick because she had defecated on herself.

BBM:

Wow this feels like the longest hearing ever ! :maddening:

Really? Spank a child because she is "sick" :banghead: DL sure gave alot of excuses to PD those first few days :waitasec:

~

“You mentioned that your Uncle hit you on the thigh with a stick or paddle one time?

Nephew: “Yes.”

“And it was all in fun?”

Nephew: “Yes.”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/05...sed-of-murder-of-missing-2-year-old-daughter/

I guess I am stupid. So the stick did not cause pain and was "all in fun" and yet it was used to "discipline" potty accidents.

How is a fun, non hurting stick going to accomplish "discipline'? you can't have it both ways.
If a beautiful baby were not dead it would be laughable - this BS.

Let's just cut to the chase a la the Queen in Alice In Wonderland:

‘It’s a pun!’ the King added in an offended tone, and everybody laughed, ‘Let the jury consider their verdict,’ the King said, for about the twentieth time that day.

‘No, no!’ said the Queen. ‘Sentence first — verdict afterwards.’ :D

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: D'Andre Lane in FBI agent's car talking about moments before reported kidnapping

On the video, Lane describes seeing Bianca in the backseat of his car that morning as he headed to her mother's house to pickup some extra clothes for her.

"So then I looked back at BB. I pulled the blanket back a little bit, and she looked up at me. She closed her eyes. She was tired because she was up almost all night," Lane told the agent.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...ents-before-reported-kidnapping#ixzz1uZtfmj71

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back