2010.09.14 - Defense Team News Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is exactly what the defense intends to do at tomorrow's news conference. I hope that Kathi Belich is there...someone needs to email her and tell her to ask why Jose's website still says he has won 32 out of 34 trials, after the Bar told him to take it off his website. :banghead::furious:

And especially since the previously linked website of Baez is actually the NEW website...

This is link to old one...that caused the trouble to start with! (notice all broken links!)...

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/#

Interestingly enough...if you google "Jose Baez attorney", this is the first and only link that displays....the broken one!

:woohoo:

I was just thinking the same thing! I remember that thread when Yuri was on sick leave after falling off his motorcycle and breaking his leg. When we heard about his accident, we all posted about how sorry we were to hear he was hurt and sent our best wishes for speedy healing. I think everyone here was surprised when Yuri popped in on the thread to thank everyone for the get well wishes. That's all it was!

I agree.............that thread should be an easy-to-find sticky so people looking for it could find it. I also think a copy of that thread should be sent to JVM and NG, just so they have the truth in their hands and not some sort of wild guessing that YM was actually blogging about the case.

Where did they get the info in the first place is my question. Someone wanting to stir up shi$ is my guess. I was here then as well. Tony Padilla also posted here.

Regarding my recent post, #103, and Yuri's hard drive being looked into ~ There again, it may lead back to something in regards to Hawkin's. Notes, personal thoughts of Yuri's, etc.

Yuri DID go out to California and interview Mark Hawkin's ~ Just saying.
I really, really think that this is all smoke blowing, and they are using Yuri as their fire for the next document dump, which WILL {hopefully} have something about Hawkin's. {IMO and pleeeeeese}

They really need to stop gargling in the bong water......they are to easy to read.

:woohoo:

I think this is exactly what the defense intends to do at tomorrow's news conference. I hope that Kathi Belich is there...someone needs to email her and tell her to ask why Jose's website still says he has won 32 out of 34 trials, after the Bar told him to take it off his website. :banghead::furious:

Here is some irony, JB's ethics attorney, is trying to get the bar rules about websites changed:

http://www.sunethics.com/news_item_8.htm

The link below is to TC's prior representation of JB in a bar matter:

http://www.wftv.com/download/2009/0126/18568146.pdf

Hey Beach :) Can you tell me if this is normal behaviour for lawyers to hold press conferences in cases like these? I'm confused about what is standard operating procedure.

I mean do lawyers representing defendants in death penalty cases normally hold press conferences before their client has gone to trial.

No, it is not normal. On a local level, I have never seen a criminal defense attorney representing someone facing the DP call a press conference. Ever.

Gloria Allred has been known to call press conferences, but she hasn't represented anyone facing the death penalty that I am aware of. I have heard of it more in civil cases when one side is trying to intimidate or pressure the other side into settling. (e.g., Tiger Woods)

SOP is what we see when the attorneys speak to the media after a hearing - when the media seeks THEM out...not when they summon the media to make some announcement. I so wish there was a gag order in this case.

Yeah, with the exception of when you look up the record of this inmate on the prison website and see the various charges he is doing time for (this time), I personally don't get the impression that he and the Hawkins ran in the same crowd, kwim? This guys record is pretty impressive..

And an interesting little side note.....

Prior to the troubles related to his recent imprisonment, he was charged with SENDING THREATENING MAIL COMMUNICATIONS (interesting in itself) but the arrest warrant was returned unserved (assuming he was already on the run)..

He is also in a much older age group than Mark B or his ex-wife...

But ya never know! :dance:

Thanks for additional info ~

But, I will close with this final note, then, wait for the Hawkin's info that you can tell is KILLING ME. LOL....

You can pick your friends, but, not your relatives ~!!! Maybe Jackson is related to Hawkins, or someone that knows them???

Straws - straws - straws............I know....

Well, regardless of what this most important date with the media is all about tomorrow, after it is over, I HOPE that Judge Perry has them on speed dial, hits that number and tells them they have about 3 minutes to be in his chambers.
Then, he smacks the ever loving out of them, and they walk out with not only a gag order, but a gag/duct tape over their ever lieing mouths.....

These people are insanse, and, they are putting me right up there with em !!

Okay, here's the most ludicrous thing I can think of - and I do this because we always fuss around about what Baez is going to do - and we go round and round, and then when we find out what he was playing at - our reaction is - what - oh - are you kidding me? Is that it? Yawn.

So here's my theory. Mark Hawkins really is Caylee's father. And ICA was on her way to California to join him, at his invitation. When she told George and Cindy on Father's Day, Cindy freaked out, told ICA she could not ever have Caylee again, she belonged to Cindy and ICA could not take her away. Then Cindy ran out with Caylee, telling ICA she would hide her in a place ICA would never find her, so just go to California on your own and leave us alone.

Somehow in the story (of here comes the bus), George also got involved and Caylee died, so Cindy and George promised each other to never tell the truth, and just pretend they were protecting ICA. But ICA would be charged, found guilty and go to jail for ever. And George and Cindy would live happily ever after with Lee and any babies he might produce.

The End.

I don't think the document dump being pushed back a week and this press conference are simply a coincidence. Maybe they have convinced Casey that she'll do less time and serve it in a better facility if she goes with an insanity defense. Given the choice of innocence (not guilty) or crazy surely the defense has a better chance of proving she's crazy as opposed to innocent.

No way does she have a better chance at NGBROI than guilty and I'm not even convinced she's guilty. She'd be a fool to try and use insanity as a defense. imo

Okay, here's the most ludicrous thing I can think of - and I do this because we always fuss around about what Baez is going to do - and we go round and round, and then when we find out what he was playing at - our reaction is - what - oh - are you kidding me? Is that it? Yawn.

So here's my theory. Mark Hawkins really is Caylee's father. And ICA was on her way to California to join him, at his invitation. When she told George and Cindy on Father's Day, Cindy freaked out, told ICA she could not ever have her, she belonged to Cindy and ICA would never have her. Then Cindy ran out with Caylee, telling ICA she would hide her in a place ICA would never find her, so just go to California on your own and leave us alone.

Somehow in the story (of here comes the bus), George also got involved and Caylee died, so Cindy and George promised each other to never tell the truth, and just pretend they were protecting ICA. But ICA would be charged, found guilty and go to jail for ever. And George and Cindy would live happily ever after with Lee and any babies he might produce.

The End.

Not so ludicrous to me. I could see Cindy doing just that.. though I think it's more likely Casey killed her.

Not so ludicrous to me. I could see Cindy doing just that.. though I think it's more likely Casey killed her.

Okay - I could change the story .....but it sounds pretty logical then if we say ICA did it - doesn't it?

Maybe JB will be stepping back a bit, to deal with his issues and this is the announcement?? Three attorneys coming on to help :waitasec:

Maybe JB will be stepping back a bit, to deal with his issues and this is the announcement?? Three attorneys coming on to help :waitasec:

I would think KC would throw a monster fit over that-If nothing else, KC has been attached to JB like Saran wrap, it would be very difficult for him to weasel away from her, leaving her with a group of attorneys she does not really know. Of course, what could she do about it anyway, other than gripe about it come appeal time?

As I recall it....and someone please correct me if I am "off" on details.....

At the beginning of this case, as LE interview recordings were being released, many members here were very impressed with the detective skills of Mr. Melich, and one member decided to start a thread titled "Support for Yuri Melich"... (that thread is still active and visible in the Media thread at top of Caylee forum)

Many posted opinions on what a great job they felt he was doing, based on what they were seeing in released videos....

At one point in the investigation, Mr Melich suffered an accident and broke his leg and was out on leave for a few days. At this point, as the media reported this, many posters then began posting condolences and get well wishes in this same thread.

Apparently, Mr. Melich became aware of the thread, registered as a member, and posted a few messages OF THANKS for the well wishes.....THAT WAS ALL!

He did NOT post, comment, or answer questions regarding ANY PART OF THE INVESTIGATION....

The ALLEGATION of Mr Melich "blogging" and "leaking" investigative information was BAEZ' (who "begood" you know :sick:) ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT YURI MELICH!

His ploy didn't work then....won't work now either!

Baez makes me want to :furious: :banghead: :sick:

edited to add: sure wish those who "snatch and dash" would at least credit WS...especially when the blogowners should know better! :banghead:

Exactly, Kent.

In fact, Yuri was very clear that he could not answer or discuss anything about the case. The ONLY time he remotely even referred to anything to do with this case is when he asked that we remember George & Cindy in our prayers and reminded us that they are grieving grandparents. He simply expressed his appreciation of support and talked mostly about he and his wife's enjoyment of riding their motorcycles cross-country.

So, with all due respect to Richard Hornsby, I suggest HE read the entire thread in context before HE blogs about Yuri blogging about THIS CASE...because he DID NOT.

I say, bring on the darn thread. Expose it. He didn't type one word that can hurt his credibility or the SA's case, imo. If this is all the defense has, they are in really, really poor shape.

No way does she have a better chance at NGBROI than guilty and I'm not even convinced she's guilty. She'd be a fool to try and use insanity as a defense. imo

The obvious choice is guilty. I wasn't including that option. I said between insane or not guilty. In other words her lawyers have to know the jury is going to convict her. No question about that imo. I know the insanity defense won't work but they have to try something.

Where did they get the info in the first place is my question. Someone wanting to stir up shi$ is my guess. I was here then as well. Tony Padilla also posted here.

I think it's likely that the defense has read here at WS, as well as other websites. I'm sure they read the comments section of the local Orlando newspaper websites too. It gives them insight into the public's perception of the case. I have no doubt that a member of the defense team read that thread and decided to make political hay out it.

Karma would be if none of the news outlets appeared for this...a sort of boycott of JB and crew, since he is trashing the media right now-Then again, the Sentinel seems to be the only outlet dishing out the money to send their attorney to court appearances, so I'm sure the other outlets would have no problem showing up as they have nothing invested anyway.

Heck no, step back and fall on his prat when he trips on that huge ego he drags around behind him. I don't believe there is even a small possibility he will even take a coffee break away from the cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member