MI MI - Oakland County Child Killer, "The Babysitter Murders" , 1976-77 #2

Worthy: Probe of Oakland County child killer hindered

Oakland, Wayne prosecutors' rift revealed over case

By The Detroit News

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy blasted Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper on Wednesday for naming a person of interest in the Oakland County child killer case and releasing DNA test results, saying those actions "severely compromised our investigation."

Cooper's revelation at a press conference Tuesday was described as a breakthrough in the unsolved murders of four children in 1976 and 1977. In an appeal to the public to come forward with information, Cooper named convicted pedophile Archibald Edward Sloan as a person of interest and said that a hair found in Sloan's red 1966 Pontiac Bonneville has the same mitochondrial DNA profile found on victims Mark Stebbins and Timothy King, the first and final victims.

But Worthy, who is also investigating the case because one victim's body was found in Wayne County, said the information should not have been made public while investigators continued their work...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120719/METRO/207190407#ixzz214kJjRpK

Worthy: Probe of Oakland County child killer hindered

Oakland, Wayne prosecutors' rift revealed over case
By The Detroit News

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy blasted Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper on Wednesday for naming a person of interest in the Oakland County child killer case and releasing DNA test results, saying those actions "severely compromised our investigation."

Cooper's revelation at a press conference Tuesday was described as a breakthrough in the unsolved murders of four children in 1976 and 1977. In an appeal to the public to come forward with information, Cooper named convicted pedophile Archibald Edward Sloan as a person of interest and said that a hair found in Sloan's red 1966 Pontiac Bonneville has the same mitochondrial DNA profile found on victims Mark Stebbins and Timothy King, the first and final victims.

But Worthy, who is also investigating the case because one victim's body was found in Wayne County, said the information should not have been made public while investigators continued their work...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120719/METRO/207190407#ixzz214kJjRpK

Oh boy. I was surprised as well, fwiw, given that it appears they think there is another suspect in the wind....

I wondered why Wayne County wasn't at the press conference but then I thought maybe they agreed to let Oakland handle it. I see now that wasn't the case.

I'm watching channel 4 news. What a mess this is. Two completely different investigations going on--what a waste of energy and time. Kym Worthy has the right to be consulted prior to any information being given to the general public--one of these kids was found in her county.

I've followed this case since it happened and I sure wish they could solve the case. I think if the investigation hadn't been botched, it might have been solved long ago. I hope it still can be solved. I'm glad they found new evidence this summer.

Oakland County Child Killer victim's family fights against Prosecutor Jessica Cooper's re-election

Oakland County Child Killer victim's family endorses Mike Bishop as he runs against Prosecutor Jessica Cooper

Author: Mara MacDonald, Local 4 Reporter

Published On: Oct 05 2012 10:53:43 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 05 2012 11:03:32 PM EDT

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. -
The Oakland County Child Killer case now takes center stage in the race for Oakland County prosecutor.

Barry King, the father of one of the killer's victims, Tim King, has put out an ad against Prosecutor Jessica Cooper, who is running for re-election...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...on/-/1719418/16880340/-/124pcpdz/-/index.html

Welcome Shamrocker! :rocker::rocker: :seeya:

What a unique perspective you bring to this thread? Did your detective have a favorite suspect or lead??
Thank you for the welcome! My detectives really thought Lamborgine was good for the murders--he would confess to it though!! He did confess to being a Pedophile and being involved with a group of men who all shared the same sIck persuasions!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/18/mich-child-killer-abduction/1643019/New

"2:39AM EDT October 19. 2012 - DETROIT -- Since the mid-1970s, the disturbing abduction murders of four Michigan children have been attributed to an unknown killer — but Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper isn't convinced all four cases are connected.

"We don't know if it was one killer or two, operating in tandem, or not," Cooper said recently in a wide-ranging interview about newly released documents obtained by the Detroit Free Press under the Freedom of Information Act. "We just don't know. It will be science that will solve these cases."

The documents reveal new details but also show that several other assumed facts of the cases aren't as they have been reported by investigators, the news media and family members for more than three decades."

Thank you for the welcome! My detectives really thought Lamborgine was good for the murders--he would confess to it though!! He did confess to being a Pedophile and being involved with a group of men who all shared the same sIck persuasions!!

Sorry that was supposed to say he wouldn't confess to it.

Tim kings older sister has a blog.

http://catherinebroad.wordpress.com/

He was the last of the OCCK victoms. Catherine was the last person other than a witness in the drug store parking lot to see him alive. There is alot of first hand knowledge and perspective on her posts that might help bring this case closure.

I am new to this site but I grew up in the area of the crimes and have been following this case since i was 6-7 yrs old when it all happened.

The program "Dark Minds" on the Investigation Discovery/ID channel featured this case. Below is a link to the full episode on YouTube. Several family members of the victims appear and are interviewed. Not much new information is presented, although at the end the host states that a grand jury has been convened to look at the evidence.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWL7a6ww6E&feature=share&list=PL28C1C38A59A3AA3E"]DARK MIND The Babysitter Killer - YouTube[/ame]

The program "Dark Minds" on the Investigation Discovery/ID channel featured this case. Below is a link to the full episode on YouTube. Several family members of the victims appear and are interviewed. Not much new information is presented, although at the end the host states that a grand jury has been convened to look at the evidence.

Thanks for posting.

I wonder why they didn't mention the dog hairs which is one of the main elements in connecting some of the murders - because it didn't fit their theory?

This is very close to where we live. I remember the terror when the murders were happening. I freaked out every time I saw a man in a blue Gremlin. I'm wondering why someone buried the car (car pieces) on the farm if there was no crime involved. I hope this leads to solving the case of the Oakland County Child Killer. The case has gone unsolved for too long.

Graveyard of cars found in Grand Blanc Township might hold key to cold cases

Blue Gremlin found is same description as car in Oakland County Child Killer case

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, hherrera@wdiv.com

Published On: Aug 20 2013 11:43:12 AM EDT Updated On: Aug 20 2013 11:50:05 AM EDT

GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, Mich. -
A construction dig in Grand Blanc Township has unearthed a load of car pieces -- including some that match the description of a car linked to the Oakland County Child Killer case.

A blue Gremlin with a white stripe has been found on a construction site inside the Grand Reserve neighborhood off Baldwin Road -- near the residential intersection of Del Webb Boulevard and Prairie Dunes Drive...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...es/-/1719418/21542710/-/11cxt21z/-/index.html

Tim King's family writes book detailing Oakland County Child Killer investigation

Proceeds of 'Decades of Deceit' to benefit Tim King Fund

Author: Lisa Ray, Managing Editor, ClickOnDetroit.com, lray@wdiv.com

Published On: Sep 12 2013 04:00:52 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 12 2013 06:31:27 PM EDT

DETROIT -
Timothy King was abducted, abused and murdered in 1977. He was just 11 years old.

His family has prepared Decades of Deceit, a six-hour DVD describing their understanding and reaction to the investigation of his murder.

Tim's father, Barry King, has paid for all of the production costs in the preparation of Decades of Deceitand has assigned his rights to the Tim King Fund. The DVD is available at a cost of $20, payable to the Tim King Fund...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tion/-/1719314/21906256/-/nsb776/-/index.html

October 2, 2013 at 7:12 am

King family tells their side of Oakland County Child Killers investigation in new DVD

Marney Rich Keenan

After spending close to a year working on a documentary about the investigation into the abduction and murder of his 11-year-old son, Barry King says he feels some relief in having his side of the story put out in the public domain.

“I am sleeping through the night,” he said recently. “It’s a story I’ve wanted to tell in its entirety for a long time.”

During 1976 and 1977, four children from Oakland County were abducted and kept alive for six to 19 days before they were murdered and tossed by roadsides. The case has never been solved.

“Decades of Deceit” is the latest effort in the King family crusade to get some answers in 37-year-old cold case. In recent years, Barry King has held several press conferences, given presentations at local civic organizations and done countless media interviews. In January, Cathy King Broad, sister of Tim King, began a blog about the case (catherinebroad.wordpress.com). It now boasts close to 76,000 hits...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131002/LIFESTYLE/310010121#ixzz2gZGpnO1R

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back