2011.04.16 48 Hours: Only Casey Knows

This thread is moving fastttttt....

This is what I do not understand? This mock jury was given very limited evidence (meaning all the important evidence was excluded) and they decided to aquit Casey of First Degree Murder, but also thought that it was an accident?

According to Cindy, George, Lee and Casey... there was no accident! According to Cindy... Casey would have admitted to an accident!

No matter what LKB says... Casey has NEVER said there was no nanny. As a matter of fact... Casey still maintains that ZANNY exists... not only does she exist... but she was still the last person to be seen with an alive Caylee. Problem is... Casey says that she didn't report Caylee missing because she was and wasn't. It's the whole "backwards sort of way" thing the Scamthony's have had going on since 2008... probably longer!

We have heard NOTHING from Casey since the jail letters. Yes, the jury is going to know that Zanny never existed... but they will never hear Casey admitting to there being no ZFG from her own words! I don't even know if the defense can speak for her and tell a jury that Casey admits to there being no ZFG? Can they basically testify for her? That's a good question for our lawyers!

It does sound like the defense gave this mock jury evidence that would suggest an accident. The pool ladder... the flurry of phone calls... but what else??
This focus group was also aware of the case if they concluded (shown at the beginning of the program) that she was already presumed guilty.

I haven't been reading here for a long time or watched the news from Florida. I became so confused that I got really tired of it.

I think the states perspective is that the family dynamics holds a key to Casey's motivation.

Ask yourself why she operated as though everyone owed her. Not enough analysis around the stealing.

Why was she compulsively texting as a way to get connected to people, or something?
How was she so in a disconnect and not in a more normal state?

There was a lack of reality testing verifying from her parents even if they tried. Not verifying the Nanny story is evidence of something really strange.

Part of that is the way she was raised and the adjustments made by Cindy to keep in Casey's good graces. Being tired of lies and fights, Cindy just hoped that Casey could raise Caylee with some help.

Over time Casey has only her lies to believe. No one penetrated her facade even putting up with lies and theft. So, everyone gave Casey all the power to do what she wanted.

I think that Casey is more mentally ill than criminal. 48 hours is just a pony show. I don't like it that Florida allows the media to have a money maker in this manner.

If Casey drove around with a dead stinking body in the trunk, that is so close to my understanding of necrophilia or related form. That is a very out of touch human, out of touch with reality. That is someone into lust and out of control.

So to argue death penalty over a lesser charge is kind of a false argument.

Now, it has all been play acting by many parties.

My take on the 31 days is to manage the necessary decomposition. There must be more to her internet searches.

People couldn't see how sick she was because the facade was so good.

I am still 100% confident that Casey will be found guilty!

Just wondering if the SA can use some of these "new" statements that GA and CA made tonight on the show?

Most of us can't get past the 31 days. My mom called me after the first party scene (blue dress) and said, 'she did it'. She couldn't get past KC's demeanor and activities knowing her daughter was missing. If one doesn't overthink things, I guess that is the litmus test especially if you are a mother.

How did the jury consultant scamster get paid? Indigent indeed.

Just finished watching and started reading this thread.

Could the cost paid for the jury consultant and those on the focus group be being paid by the JAC for what JB considers investigation? JB sure keeps asking for more funds for that.

I just replayed some of the show and here's some things;

My bad, the statement about GA not being involved was released by GA.

Also, I never see anyone rising before the questions are finished to the mock jury. Also, the mock jury heard 4 and a half hours of testimony. That's not enough. JMO
Not actually rising..kinda hesitating to get out of her seat...lady upfront.

STFU CM, who in their right mind goes out and parties when their child has been abducted and doesn't report their child missing??!! If the scientific evidence doesn't hang her her behavior will!!

Now that they are admitting the nanny story was a lie possibly they are going to go with an accident/cover up. That just makes it much worse imo. because she would have known Caylee was dead not kidnapped.

I never understood why it has been pointed out as a accident and they use the flurry of phone calls. To me just because she tried calling her parents doesn't mean she was in a panic because of a accident. IMO she called them to find out exactly when and where they were and when they were gonna return home. Cant have them walking in when your trying to cover up your crime now can you :twocents:

According to this show and the focus group the jurors could come from Orlando since in the end only 9 voted to convict of even manslaughter. Sure would save Orange County some money.

S-L-E-U.........THS!:rocker:

I don't know if I'm going crazy or not... just worked a 12 hour shift and I thought there was a post that said this thread was closing.:waitasec:

Well... now it's gone and I'm confused. :floorlaugh:

IMO, the only way the DT would put ICA on the stand is IF she were exempt from being crossed...which would NEVER happen. She's a loose canon, I say put her lying rear end on. JA and LDB would have a field day with her. I think the word lied would come up every 2 seconds. JMO.

Now that they are admitting the nanny story was a lie possibly they are going to go with an accident/cover up. That just makes it much worse imo. because she would have known Caylee was dead not kidnapped.

Maybe that statement about The nanny is for Mr Morgan. I highly doubt it counts for much a bit too late to change that lie.

That's new. When did she tell Cindy this? I've only heard George state that Casey told him they would be spending the night with Zanny.

That information is very critical imo because Casey made plans with TL for that night and we know Caylee wasn't welcome there. What did she plan on doing with Caylee?

At one point KC told Cindy that she was in Jacksonville with Jeffery Hopkins (the fake one-not the real one) maybe planning on moving in together. That's the only time I remember her talking about an old friend. Other than that-KC was working and Caylee was with the "nanny" - oh and there was that time she was helping Zanny out in Tampa cause Zanny had been in an accident and was in the hospital!:banghead:

I never understood why it has been pointed out as a accident and they use the flurry of phone calls. To me just because she tried calling her parents doesn't mean she was in a panic because of a accident. IMO she called them to find out exactly when and where they were and when they were gonna return home. Cant have them walking in when your trying to cover up your crime now can you :twocents:
I always looked at the phone calls as Casey's way of continuing the fight from the night before. I bet there was a whole lot of threats made that night. I would also imagine her anger escalating when her parents didn't take her calls. I think that's when Casey decided to teach them a lesson and show them who ultimately had control.

I agree. I'm now pretty convinced that this theory is now #1 on the defense "go-to" list.

As disgusting as it is, I keep thinking about Roy Kronk, Jesse Grund, Amy Huzienga and all the other lives they ruined trying to make their SODDI theory fit. I guess what I am saying is if they still want to go the SODDI route, it might as well be one of their own they put under the bus. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I just feel they all inflicted enough pain on innocent bystanders trying to do the right thing, that well...it should be someone WILLING to do it.

George takes over the martyr role from Cindy for a while I guess.

Sorry to tell George, but it won't fly anyway. It is a lost cause.

eta: I guess that would make Casey a martyr too since she is willing to sit in jail for 3 years covering for dear old Dad.
Oh gag me. That part is completely unbelievable!

I agree 100%!!

If it's going to be someone, I would much rather it be those who actually obstructed the investigation into Caylee's murder than the innocent people who took lie detector tests to exclude themselves, turned over their phones, computers and allowed LE to search their apartments!

At one point KC told Cindy that she was in Jacksonville with Jeffery Hopkins (the fake one-not the real one) maybe planning on moving in together. That's the only time I remember her talking about an old friend. Other than that-KC was working and Caylee was with the "nanny" - oh and there was that time she was helping Zanny out in Tampa cause Zanny had been in an accident and was in the hospital!:banghead:
The As also chalked off Casey's odd behavior to her "new" found friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back