trial thread: 3/30/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LindaNguyenPN
  • "So essentially I saw what appeared to be a bag of garbage. I knew that we... found Victoria Stafford," Smyth testifies

Melanie Nagy ‏ @NagyCBC

Smyth says“I took a minute to let it sink in and once I gathered my thoughts I...looked around "and tried to assess the area. #sl #rafferty

I agree with whoever said that it appears TLM had a lot of time on her hands to take in significant details about the area.

After making the discovery, Smyth retraced his steps, backed out of laneway and called OPP Insp. Dave Renton

Court is being shown more photos of the area around the crime scene - a rural laneway, high brush - a few trees

Showing more crime scene photos. No longer including close ups of the garbage bag with Tori's body inside of it.

@LindaNguyenPN
  • After making the discovery, Smyth retraced his steps, backed out of laneway and called OPP Insp. Dave Renton

@RaffertyLFP
  • Court is being shown more photos of the area around the crime scene - a rural laneway, high brush - a few trees

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews

Smyth says he looked around for a broken down fence and silos McClintic remembered seeing. Court sees photo of what he found. #Rafferty

@AM980_Court
  • Showing more crime scene photos. No longer including close ups of the garbage bag with Tori's body inside of it.

@AM980_Court
  • After the body was located, Smyth contacted investigation team, asked for officers to secure the scene.

Smyth went back to main road called in for forensics and identification teams They arrived just after 1 pm and started by securing the scene

After the body was located, Smyth contacted investigation team, asked for officers to secure the scene.

Other officers started arriving at 1:09.

@RaffertyLFP
  • Smyth went back to main road called in for forensics and identification teams They arrived just after 1 pm and started by securing the scene

Smyth says he did this bc he didn't want to contaminate the crime scene

Smyth was on the site until 5:30 pm. Other investigators and Detective Inspector Renton had arrived when he left.

A forensic pathologist and the chief coroner's office also attended. Officers guarded the s nee as well.

@AM980_Court
  • Smyth was on the site until 5:30 pm. Other investigators and Detective Inspector Renton had arrived when he left.

@AM980_Court
  • He called Detective Inspector Renton to let him know what he had found. Backed away, trying to disturb as little of the scene as possible.

I am thankful somebody like Smyth found Tori. Very thankful. As a seasoned police officer he would know scene of crime protocal. Better him than somebody like the shoe lady or some other person walking their dog.
In some way I see him as one of Tori's angels.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews

When the 1st forensic investigator arrived Smyth says he walked her to the scene. She took video and photos. #Rafferty

@AM980_Court
  • A forensic pathologist and the chief coroner's office also attended. Officers guarded the scene as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member