BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never want to sit in a courtroom again. Thanks to Adam4lsu, Stand-up guy..

"I know that my vindicator lives....
and that he will at last stand forth upon the dust"
Job 19

Did Adam4LSU testify?

I wonder if the Lavergnes will make a public statement? I also wonder how his ex gf is holding up? Just a thought...

I sit here and have been thinking about Mighty Mickey all day. Literally, I have been thinking of her for over 12 hours today. I lit a candle for her and for Lisa. My thoughts an emotions are all over the place. I keep thinking of those empty rows on Brandon's side of the courtroom and it does make me sad for him. I cannot imagine my own son pleading guilty in court to 2 counts of first degree murder. I simply cannot imagine. I think that I would have been there, though. I am not judging his family for not being present. I do not know them or their reasons for not going today and they don't owe me an explanation. They absolutely had the right to not go. I feel sympathy for Brandon Lavergne. No where near the amount of sympathy that I feel for Lisa Pate's children that had to grow up without their mother, or Mickey's family who are just good people. You can just see that about them. They are honest and good. They raised 2 strong daughters and a son. Brandon's decisions have massive impacts on so many of his victims families and I am sad about that. Zack Shunick should have been celebrating the end of high school, his achievements and his graduation. Instead, that day will always be DAY ONE. Day one of Life without Mickey. She never made it to her "big" birthday- she would have been 22 on the 22nd. She never got to complete her anthropology degree. She'll never get married, have kids, or anything else she planned for her life because it was taken from her. Some of you are of the strong opinion that Brandon confessed to save himself from the Death Penalty. He probably did. But even with selfish intentions, he told where she was. She gets to come home and have a proper burial. I cannot handle the questions I yearn to know so I am letting it go. I do feel sad for the man who did these evil things. I wonder why? What made him do it? What made him so different than most people? As a mother, my heart breaks for Lisa's mom, Nancy Shunick, and for Cynthia Lavergne. I hope that the amazing people in this great state that I am so proud of, will hold Cynthia tight and comfort her as well. She is not to blame for Brandon's choices. She and the rest of his family are victims as well. I do not wish Brandon harm at Angola. I do not wish for his death. I do hope that he is remorseful and that he thinks of his victims every time that door locks behind him. I hope that he does reflect on his life and those he took life from and that he truly feels remorse. That won't help his victims. It won't help their families. But he has to live the rest of his life at Angola and there IS justice in that. I'm rambling because my thoughts are everywhere. I have to stop the images in my head and it's hard to breathe when I think of how scared Mighty Mickey was in those last hours. I am glad that she didn't go quietly and I hope that now she is at peace forever.

Bless you, GulfCoastKAT -- I can tell this comes from your heart. Your ponderings are so like mine here -- wish I could reach out and give you a hug.

WOW! I am sick and in disbelief reading through the documents! What an awful and evil (and dumpy) troll BSL is. I just can't even imagine any of it! Mickey is a true inspiration.

As far as BSL...glad to hear he's already in prison. I can only hope he has already dropped the soap and gets what is coming to him.

Keep in mind this paper sensationalizes everything and is not above (or below) adding bits and pieces for excitement value...

RE: (ABC Photo) Scene: The badly decomposed body was found earlier this week next to jewellery and clothing
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...acker-desperate-fight-life.html#ixzz23sR5kRM8

cluciano63, I just thought the statement curious, due to BSL being a tier 3 RSO, and his primary motive for abducting Mickey. Most times there will be variations, as well as errors in all MSM reports. Consider the speculation & conjecture by the LA MSM of todays evidentiary hearing..KATC TV finally got it right yesterday evening.. Prolly due to following websleuths, imo..
Questions are still being asked by some as to who testified today..

I am still scratching my head about BSL leaving the jewelry with/on her body. The numb3rs just don't compute. According to reports BSL went home and burned many items of clothing. Why would he leave hers at Pinesclair cemetery. Clothing contains forensics.

i'm catching up, so I'm not sure if this has been posted, but i think this is the route she took according to the report

not that it matters, but there was so much speculation in the past 3 months that i had to map it

http://goo.gl/maps/AUj1n

I've never been there, but from your map, it looks like Mickey was sooooo close to peoples' houses. Could nobody hear her scream? Was she unconscious from being hit and thrown from her bike, thus unable to scream? I keep wondering how long she knew she was being followed...how scared she must have been...how very close other people must have been (asleep in their beds?), yet for all it helped, so far away.

I so wish things had ended differently. :(

cluciano63, I just thought the statement curious, due to BSL being a tier 3 RSO, and his primary motive for abducting Mickey. Most times there will be variations, as well as errors in all MSM reports. Consider the speculation & conjecture by the LA MSM of todays evidentiary hearing..KATC TV finally got it right yesterday evening.. Prolly due to following websleuths, imo..
Questions are still being asked by some as to who testified today..

I am still scratching my head about BSL leaving the jewelry with/on her body. The numb3rs just don't compute. According to reports BSL went home and burned many items of clothing. Why would he leave hers at Pinesclair cemetery. Clothing contains forensics.

My thought is he burned his own clothing and that Mickey was in fact, wearing her clothing and jewelry. I do not believe they were found next to her. I think that may have come about to add the possibility that they belonged to other victims, i.e. excitement value/Daily Mail style. JMO

I held out hoping until the complete end that these murders weren't connected and it wasn't someone from our area responsible. I felt faint when the confession was revealed and the violent actions toward the victims was in print right before me. I see now that as disbelieving as I was at his first conviction, I really was wrong about BSL. He has an illness and demons that are incomprehensible.
I hope the book on Brandon Lavergne is closed. I pray that these are the only atrocities that he committed. Our hearts need to heal, not to forget Mickey, but for the families.
I'm married to an LE Officer, so while this kidnapping/murder was in the media, different versions happen around the Lafayette area far to often that end up in life sentences for the perpetrators. The state and parish prisons are filled.
We teach our children early about stranger danger, but often forget about our own safety. Ladies keep your guard up. Pay attention to your surroundings and though rightfully we should be safe wherever we go, do all that you can to avoid a situation where you could be a victim.

I thought I could sleep but I can't. Was thinking about how Mickey was already murdered, laying out there, before her family even knew she was missing, and then while they were at her brother's graduation, it is just sickening. And all of the efforts of TES and volunteers, probably some had injuries, bites, sprains, etc...working in that hideous heat, searching for weeks on end.

I suppose maybe the only thing worse is never knowing what happened, never finding her, always looking for your entire lives. But I don't know; what did happen is so terrible, it is difficult to say. At least you could imagine something better, if you never know for sure. A terrible choice.

I thought I could sleep but I can't. Was thinking about how Mickey was already murdered, laying out there, before her family even knew she was missing, and then while they were at her brother's graduation, it is just sickening. And all of the efforts of TES and volunteers, probably some had injuries, bites, sprains, etc...working in that hideous heat, searching for weeks on end.

I suppose maybe the only thing worse is never knowing what happened, never finding her, always looking for your entire lives. But I don't know; what did happen is so terrible, it is difficult to say. At least you could imagine something better, if you never know for sure. A terrible choice.

bbm: Things like this a lot on my mind today, too.

And, too, I look at the surveillance photos of Mickey -- the ones I've always thought really galvanized us, as a group here, when they were discovered and released. There she is -- Mickey -- just heading on home, bless her heart. That last glimpse -- just breaks my heart. And if it breaks mine -- oh, I think how her family must feel, looking at that.

bbm: Things like this a lot on my mind today, too.

And, too, I look at the surveillance photos of Mickey -- the ones I've always thought really galvanized us, as a group here, when they were discovered and released. There she is -- Mickey -- just heading on home, bless her heart. That last glimpse -- just breaks my heart. And if it breaks mine -- oh, I think how her family must feel, looking at that.

There is a photo on Charlie's FB page tonight of several of her friends displaying new bicycle-image tatoos...

'Excellent from the heart comment, Boudin'. We can't fill the hole in the Shunick & Pate family's hearts. Only Mickey & Lisa can do that...
But we can join the many genuine folks that join the families of the missing/ murdered and offer our expertise and services. Whatever that may be..

There is a silent epidemic of missing & murdered persons across the US.
There has been many able bodies and minds on this thread since 05/19/2012..
If Mighty Mickey could sacrifice her precious life. The least we could do is contribute..

I'm Your Angel - Celine Dion - YouTube

Thank-you Foxfire for the compliment. That is a beautiful song and video you posted.

At times like this we all have a tendency to be angry, and righteously so.
Contrary to what some believe, there is nothing wrong with being angry. But we should try to take care to use our anger to build up- to construct and not as a means to tear down or destroy.

As you pointed out, many locals in this area as well as others have joined this website since 5/19/12 and it would be a shame to see everyone leave behind those still missing whose families love them too.
May we go forth from this day forward and honor
"Mighty Mickey " in whatever ways that we can. It's the least that we can do
In memory of a young lady who so valiantly gave hers.

Original post deleted in hindsight as original, although truthful
was painful and probably best left undisclosed.

I've personally never had to use pepper spray on anyone, fortunately. It's eye opening to find out that its ineffective. Please fellow ladies, do NOT rely on this stuff or let it give you a false sense of security!!!

OK I have a story about pepper spray.( not a freak)....it is very very effective on private parts. Fiance bought me some. I didn't know how to spray it or if it was a mist or stream or what....so we sprayed it at an exterior wall of the house. Then I touched to see if it was like oily or watery. I washed my hands not wanting it to get on the kids or anything. I washed them well. Hours upon hours later.....and we still figured out on accident

I promise you he felt some discomfort....and in a certain situation might be slightly more effective than spraying it in eyes.

I was on this site yesterday and I kept seeing the Mickey thread get updated. I knew something was going on....but I admit, I was scared to click over here. I knew I needed time to absorb whatever I was going to read about the case.

All I can say, I am proud of Mighty Mick!

As a parent, all you can ever hope for is that your children fight to live. She did. Her parents have NO reason not to feel very proud of their Mighty Mick. She should be an inspiration to all girls.

I know when my 20 yr old daughter gets up in a little while to go to work....I will make sure I hug her a little tighter and tell her I love her. Cases like this always hit home how ONE SECOND can change so many people's lives.

I held out hoping until the complete end that these murders weren't connected and it wasn't someone from our area responsible. I felt faint when the confession was revealed and the violent actions toward the victims was in print right before me. I see now that as disbelieving as I was at his first conviction, I really was wrong about BSL. He has an illness and demons that are incomprehensible.
I hope the book on Brandon Lavergne is closed. I pray that these are the only atrocities that he committed. Our hearts need to heal, not to forget Mickey, but for the families.
I'm married to an LE Officer, so while this kidnapping/murder was in the media, different versions happen around the Lafayette area far to often that end up in life sentences for the perpetrators. The state and parish prisons are filled.
We teach our children early about stranger danger, but often forget about our own safety. Ladies keep your guard up. Pay attention to your surroundings and though rightfully we should be safe wherever we go, do all that you can to avoid a situation where you could be a victim.
Oh my, your hopes mirrored mine. It is still with disbelief and confusion and pain that I have to come to terms with the fact that the person we spent so many hours searching and praying for was indeed the victim of one of ours.

I remember well when Lisa was discovered. It's a small world that we are all so connected. Lisa's body was discovered by close friends of BSL's family. For years I wondered who she was. There was not much publicity about it. But all these years, her family must have been in anguish just not knowing.

Many of us will go on, some will be haunted by this forever. The media will quietly disappear and within months, people will have settled back in their lives. Brandon's family and friends will be visiting Angola, Micky and Lisa's parents will be visiting gravesites - all of them still wishing they could waken from the nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288