TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at whats surrounding that house!!!!!!!!

its like looking for a needle in a hay stack!

I don't know the address, so I can't see it. Is Swan Johnson Rd the only road near the home?

Big brother just showed up and told me that his fully-loaded ATV would make it the 8 miles easily in pretty good time.
And he knows the terrain around there.
JMO

True - my family has two ATV's. But I was thinking more of the reality of making it that far without being seen or heard and having to cross a few roads as well. There would have to be no obstacles, no big/unpassable creeks, etc - kwim?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...217,-88.175486&spn=0.007617,0.013057&t=h&z=17

ETA: I was doing the math, and at 60mph, it would take an hour (not gonna happen in the woods with an ATV); 30mph would be 2 hours (still not likely, at least a steady pace in the woods); and 15 mph would be 4 hrs. More realistic in the woods but still assuming keeping a steady pace. So they would have to be making pretty good time to be that far away... I don't think it's impossible just not likely... JMHO... :)

And y'all have to remember that it's springtime here. Our woods are very scrubby/brushy and most everything is leafing out already. They aren't just tree-space-tree-space, it's tree-tree-tree with a thick undergrowth of brush in most places. Very dense.

Hmm I wonder what they found last night:banghead:
I know right?! especially considering last evening LE put the word out that they would only need 100 volunteers and 20 atvs from 7-noon and afternoon they could use more..

FLIR search last night with helicopter perhaps?

tip called in?

anyone think they may have a person of interest that we are not hearing about?

does kwim mean "Know What I mean"? I've been wondering that

I know right?! especially considering last evening LE put the word out that they would only need 100 volunteers and 20 atvs from 7-noon and afternoon they could use more..

FLIR search last night with helicopter perhaps?

tip called in?

anyone think they may have a person of interest that we are not hearing about?

See they are using ATVS in the area.

This could be a case of another Joseph Duncan type. Someone who watched for days, from a distance, in the woods, till the time was right. Someone, that no one knows anything about.

The case that I keep thinking about is Kari Swenson

snip
Though the rescue party had no way of knowing, Kari was right in their path, wrapped in a sleeping bag and lashed to a lodgepole pine with a dog chain, watched over by two men with guns who told her they would kill anyone who tried to save her. They had dragged her up the ridge from the trail after tying her wrist-to-wrist with the younger man. Toward dark they came to a swampy stand of pine and spruce where the men had already prepared a campsite. The older of the two was Don Nichols, 53, a lean, graying, bearded Montanan with an antipathy to mundane routine and a vision of himself as a latter-day Jim Bridger. The younger was his son, Danny, 19, a high school dropout who may well have wanted to quit the mountain-man lifestyle his father had forced on him most of his life. The two had been living in the backcountry since last August, wintering over in valleys that see six feet of snow. They lived in caves or dugouts and ate deer, ground squirrels and birds that they trapped with wire nooses. Kari was intended to be the son's woman

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20088393,00.html

Didn't Duncan watch the Groene's house with the night vision binoculars as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82