GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

Would the power have been turned off at the apartment & they were using flashlights? Often apartment bathrooms have no window.

Good point, but I'm still wondering about the smell. I've never had to clean out a bathroom where someone had *#*% all over the place where it didn't smell so bad that I wanted to barf. (I worked in small box retail rx stores and dollar stores, we cleaned our own restrooms, this happened quite frequently).

I'm not familiar with the smell of old blood, is it rank too?

I used to work in a hotel cleaning rooms and I had to clean blood up from a suicide attempt where someone cut their wrists. It smelled like iron, the whole room. It made me sick and I vomited. I will never forget that smell.

The search sounded so unorganized and the officers statements sounded as though they were confused about who was in charge & what their mission was. The Fire Dept.? The SAR team? Or them? Sad mistake.

It was heavily redacted but what would the sticks be on the bed for?

The search sounded so unorganized and the officers statements sounded as though they were confused about who was in charge & what their mission was. The Fire Dept.? The SAR team? Or them? Sad mistake.

It was heavily redacted but what would the sticks be on the bed for?

I was wondering the same thing, then I thought maybe they were the slats from under the bed or the poles used to block the sliding glass doors from opening. The term 'sticks' could mean anything.

How did the fire department play into this and why? Is the SAR team classified as part of that department? The entire report left me flat and a bit mad. Its clear LE made an instant decision as to the nature of this missing child case, shame on them.

What is powerful?

That both stores exist making it possible Ryan was telling the truth when he said he was at KMart. The officer scrabbled the front letters and wrote Walmart instead of KMart; that's why LE couldn't find any evidence at Walmart.

If Ryan's attorney has evidence his client was in KMart when LE believe Jorelys was murdered then this solid evidence can set his client free. And if LE were in the wrong store, that means Ryan didn't lie to the cops so these charges against him will be dropped.

LE said they sent what they believed to be blood to the lab and received the results the following day. They never commented on the results but kept insisting it was blood they found in the vacant apartment .

Now it's possible the reason LE didn't release the results is because the "blood" turned out to be feces which has me thinking the tenant had a child who wore diapers with them.

OT: I live in Winnipeg and Today is my Birthday. :cupcake: My favorite hockey team is the Pittsburgh Penquins and they are jetting to Winnipeg today after practice to play The Winnipeg Jets Friday evening. :fireworks:

http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/archive/0 ... 22434a.pdf

--that's interesting that LE did have a maintenance man ( a hispanic male named Mark )--and not a Mgr. of some sort-- from the apt. complex leading them around, taking them to vacant apts.

--the one w/ the blood that was not reported---and what ( allegedly ) turned out to be the crime scene--was the last apt. they were taken to.

I hope they release the original document today as I'd like to read it in it's entirety. Records are hard to come by in GA it appears. RB's dockets aren't available as one he's a first time offender and they don't make those public, two, they just don't have bookings, mugshots, dockets available online. grrrrr...

Thank you for explaining to me why I couldn't locate anything on Ryan Brunn.

I honestly doubt there is much in the "diary". I have two girls who were both 7 in the last 4 years, and they both had diaries..it was little drawings, I love my family, my sister is mean, Dear Santa I want a puppy.. mostly misspelled attempts at very child like themes..not only my kids, but of all their friends and all my friends who also have kids I have NEVER heard of a first grader with an "older boyfriend"..kids this age think anyone out of their grade is a baby, and anyone older is a big kid..there is not much intersex mixing outside of siblings at this age..this is FIRST GRADE we are talking about, not a 13 year old who will write about crushes and family problems...boys are "yucky" until at the least fourth of fifth grade... I understand that children this age can be molested, or can engage in "doctor" play etc. with close relatives or friends, but to be in first grade and having a "secret older (consensual) boyfriend" seems like a far-fetched idea to me.

I also believe LE was all over the family and would have zeroed in quickly on any neighborhood claims of mistreatment by babysitters or abuse. I believe the one mistake in this family was that the children were allowed way too much freedom for their ages, there was not sufficient supervision, but I wouldn't by any means consider these to be neglected or abused children...IMO when you see this type of lack of supervision and it is in her own neighborhood, when the family moved apartments in the same complex in order to have a ground floor closer to the playground (that was mentioned in MSM earlier link), I think the problem is the family felt a false sense of security and was even naive, but I do not think this is abuse or neglect in any way.

The teenager who lstayed at the apartment may have allowed her boyfriend and his friends into the apartment when the women were away working the graveyard shift. I don't think the teenager or any of her friends are directly involved in the murder.

Are we sure Jorelys' diary is missing?

I want to know which apartment Joseline previously occupied.

BBM

Are you seriously suggesting that the mother, a victim, raped, beat and stabbed repeatedly her daughter because she was going to visit her father?

Putting that aside, respectfully, I will ask you to please provide a link that states definitively that Jorelys was travelling to PR by herself, without her mother or other family members, and that further states the mother did not want Jorelys to go.

LE announced Jorelys was sexually assaulted and I believe they have their test results back so why haven't they laid charges against Brunn for sexually related crimes?

Until Ryan is charged with sexual assault, there's a possibility the killer is a female imo.

LE announced Jorelys was sexually assaulted and I believe they have their test results back so why haven't they laid charges against Brunn for sexually related crimes?

Until Ryan is charged with sexual assault, there's a possibility the killer is a female imo.
Not that I believe for a moment that she did, but just FYI, females sexually assault children too, and then kill them,

http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/archive/0 ... 22434a.pdf

--that's interesting that LE did have a maintenance man ( a hispanic male named Mark )--and not a Mgr. of some sort-- from the apt. complex leading them around, taking them to vacant apts.

--the one w/ the blood that was not reported---and what ( allegedly ) turned out to be the crime scene--was the last apt. they were taken to.

BEM: Laurie, the community had over 30 vacant apartment, I'm sure the manager and the lead maintenance, Mark, were split up with LE and helping to expedite the search. They would have covered the vacants in half the time.

Edited to add....I wrote this before seeing the report. I see the maintenance man did open all the vacants.

That both stores exist making it possible Ryan was telling the truth when he said he was at KMart. The officer scrabbled the front letters and wrote Walmart instead of KMart; that's why LE couldn't find any evidence at Walmart.

If Ryan's attorney has evidence his client was in KMart when LE believe Jorelys was murdered then this solid evidence can set his client free. And if LE were in the wrong store, that means Ryan didn't lie to the cops so these charges against him will be dropped.

LE said they sent what they believed to be blood to the lab and received the results the following day. They never commented on the results but kept insisting it was blood they found in the vacant apartment .

Now it's possible the reason LE didn't release the results is because the "blood" turned out to be feces which has me thinking the tenant had a child who wore diapers with them.

OT: I live in Winnipeg and Today is my Birthday. :cupcake: My favorite hockey team is the Pittsburgh Penquins and they are jetting to Winnipeg today after practice to play The Winnipeg Jets Friday evening. :fireworks:
They "THOUGHT" the blood was feces. They were mistaken.
KMART was a facebook rumor - why would RB tell LE he was at Walmart if he was at KMart? Was he trying to hide his alibi??? And when they told RB he was lying, did RB say, "whoa, wait a minute, you wrote that down wrong, I said Kmart!" You know....just "thinking" here.

Happy Birthday.

I bet Jorelys recorded the plans she was making with her father in her diary.

When my child was seven, she also had a journal.

Know what was in it? Pictures she drew of kittens. Writing her name in fancy, stylized ways with colored pencils. Making lists of the dolls she wanted. Stickers, magazine pictures she cut out. She is ten now and it's not too much different. And no, I don't snoop. She shows me her handiwork all of the time.

SEVEN. And at seven, some kids aren't even writing and reading very fluently.

Does anyone really think she was recording the details of her romantic lovers' tryst with an older man? Her itinerary for her trip to PR and her?

Jumpin jeebus. That is nuts! MOO.

If I am not mistaken, once RB is charged the clock begins to tick for his 'speedy' trial. If LE wanted to make sure RB did not get off for Jorelys' murder, they would likely build a case in which they were bringing more than one charge.

I do think the LE has the right man, and I also do not think they are under any obligation to keep us in the loop. They are awfully busy working on the case of a little girl who was horribly murdered.

Trust me, I want to know EVERYTHING they know, too. But loose lips sink ships and after the CA debacle, I pray they move carefully and deliberately and with great prudence in bringing this case to trial.

Not that I believe for a moment that she did, but just FYI, females sexually assault children too, and then kill them,

That's true, Melissa Huckaby was charged with the kidnapping, rape, and murder of Sandra Cantu. I didn't follow the case to trial so IDK how the prosecutors proved Sandra was raped by Melissa.

IIRC, Melissa kidnapped Sandra on a Friday afternoon. After Sandra returned home from school she left to go to a friends house and she disappeared while walking down the street. Sandra lived in a trailor complex.

What evidence do LE need to prove Jorelys was raped?

Maybe I am wrong, but I didn't think Websleuths would let us post rumors...like what RB's friends are saying about KMart on facebook.

That's true, Melissa Huckaby was charged with the kidnapping, rape, and murder of Sandra Cantu. I didn't follow the case to trial so IDK how the prosecutors proved Sandra was raped by Melissa.

What evidence do LE need to prove Jorelys was raped?

FYI The legal definition of "rape" in the State of Georgia can ONLY be between a male and female.

That doesn't address the question I asked you. At all.
Thanks though.
ETA: Happy Birthday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!