MI MI - Richard 42, & Shirley Robison 40, & 4 children, Good Hart, 25 Jun 1968

Thanks for the response. You raise some interesting points to consider. I will post some more info on the memo over the weekend. The memo writer puts "***" under the letters "EBE". The letters "EBE" start off the last unsolved 18 of the first Zodiac Code.

You said:

"2. The informant was a follower of the Zodiac crimes and wanted this one linked, for whatever reason."

Right, this is the natural thought, but here is what is so interesting. This ad was placed in August 1968. The first confirmed Zodiac crime happened six months LATER, on 12/20/68, and the killer did not sign a letter with the name "Zodiac" until August 1969. One year after the Robison informant "Zodius" ad appeared!

Given that the police said "ZODIUS" had inside knowledge of the crime,that is one of the factors that makes me consider if the "ZODIUS" killer of the Robsion family went on to become the "ZODIAC" killer.

I agree with you, the memo is bunk IMO. A plant. From someone with no knowledge of business, and an overactive imagination, and a hyper view of the power of computers.

Who wrote it and why, that is the mystery.

As far as Keddie, like Boles in Crestline, CA 8/14/65 and Robsion in Michigan 6/25/68, it is a brutal murder of a family in a cabin in the woods. Some poeople are saying someone confessed, and they consider it almost solved but not enough proof to indict? I looked at the case a little, I will try to study it more.

Doesn't the Boles murders rather mess up the pattern of the Algiz Rune? Edit: I see it was 1965.

I wish there was more to be discovered about those murders..I had a good look a while back and could uncover very little.

Right. It would mess up the pattern. So my theory is still valid only if we look at the 1966 to 1969 cluster for the Algiz Rune/Yggdrasil match, which I think perhaps makes sense, as you acknowledge.

I don't say "for sure" all these cases are linked, but it was an incredible explosion of violence against families, all with high tech connections, in particular computers and/or aerospace, with frequent MO and weapon matches.

Interestingly, the 8/14/65 Boles murder in Crestline, CA is just 27 miles from the site of the probable first Zodiac crime, the murder of Cheri Jo Bates in Riverside, CA on 10/30/66. So that could create a possible map pattern, in particular if you add the other possible and confirmed Zodiac cases like Santa Barbara 1963. Don't have time to do a map on that now, maybe someone else can or I can do it next week.

I don't say "for sure" these cases are linked, but it was an incredible explosion of violence against families, all with high tech connections, in particular computers and/or aerospace, with frequent MO and weapon matches. I have confirmed body stacking in the Boles case, so that matches possible Zodiac Domingos-Edwards 6/4/63, Bricca 9/27/66 and Robison 6/25/68. In Boles case, the body of one of the sons was found underneath the mother Darlene, just as RAND mentioned.

The murder sites in Good Hart, Michigan (Robison Family 6/25/68), Cincinnati, Ohio (Bricca Family found 9/27/66) and Tallahassee, Florida (Sims Family 10/22/66) all are in an almost perfect vertical line on a map.

Add in Kenilworth, Illinois (Valerie Percy 9/18/66) and State College, Pennsylvania (Betsy Aardsma 11/28/69) and they all form a rough cross, actually more like the Yggdrasil Symbol/Algiz Rune.

a_robi10.jpg

The Robison family murders, also called the Good Hart murders, refers to the murders of Richard Robison, his wife Shirley Robison, and their four children, Ritchie, Gary, Randy, and Susan, in the summer of 1968.

The wealthy family from the Detroit area were murdered while vacationing in their summer cottage in Good Hart, Michigan. This case is still unsolved...

Photo of Robison family at below link...

LINK:

Robison family murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Robison family murders, also called the Good Hart murders, refers to the murders of Richard Robison, his wife Shirley Robison, and their four children, Ritchie, Gary, Randy, and Susan, in the summer of 1968.

The wealthy family from the Detroit area were murdered while vacationing in their summer cottage in Good Hart, Michigan. This case is still unsolved...

Photo of Robison family at below link...

LINK:

Robison family murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the photo!...The little girl may have been the last to be killed. And the killer ran out of bullets so he had to use the claw hammer on her.
If there was two killers they both would have had a gun and shot all. So I believe there was only one killer there......the guy whom left a suicide note stating he did not kill them I believe him.

Several years ago I contacted the police in the BRICCA Family murders, a horrible killing of a family in the Cincinnati area. The father Gerry Bricca was from San Francisco and worked for Monsanto Chemical, a company that was involed in genetic engineering of foods and of which Ted Kaczynski later said employees of this Monsanto company should be "hit hard" and "hit where it hurts". There is evidence Mrs. Bricca knew Valerie Percy, who was brutally murdered just one week earlier. The Bricca family was found dead September 27, 1966. Percy had been killed one week earlier in suburban Chicago, and probable Zodiac victim Cheri Bates was killed in California one month later.

I spoke to the Homicide/Major Crimes squad for the Hamilton County Sheriff Department, and they seemed very interested.

A detective called me on the phone after looking at my evidence, and I explained possible similarities and links between the Percy case, Zodiac and Bricca.

I explained to him that the 1963 Domingos/Edwards murders were a possible Zodiac crime, so that is probably what he is thinking of when he talks about the similarities of Zodiac stacking bodies and the Bricca case, with the female on top of the male in both cases. Anyone who is a member at ZKF you can inform them that Capt Zoellner is indeed refering to Domingos/Edwards as a possible Zodiac case and perhaps in the context of information I gave them on a known serial killer and Zodiac suspect with Midwest ties (Ted Kaczynski) who was living in the Michigan and Illinois areas at the time of the murders.

I talked to him about TK and Zodiac, but also about Ted Bundy (a friend of Linda Bricca from stewardess school had been killed in Washington state and Bundy has been mentioned as a suspect) and the EAR/ONS (similar home invasions and binding of victims).

Keep your fingers crossed they may have DNA.

"Captain Lloyd Zoellner says, "There was hair found in bedsheets in daughters bedroom, hair found in Linda's hand and on the bed it could be from the suspect".

AK - Interesting, similar to Cheri Bates - hairs found in her hand.

"Detectives are looking beyond Cincinnati for that suspect. It's taking them to a truly evil place. Detective Douglas Todd says "There is no sense of struggle in the house."

The murders seemed organized, down to the way Linda and Jerry's bodies were posed. "Linda was placed on top of Jerry, he had a sock in his mouth. Both were tied by wrists. That order in which she on top of him is similar to characteristics of the Zodiac."

The zodiac was the California killer who used a symbol in letters to newspapers. He claimed he committed 37 murders. Investigators had only tied him definitively to seven deaths. The Zodiac killer usually targeted couples, mostly in middle class suburban areas, and beautiful dark haired women. He used precut pieces of rope and made the woman bind the man. That could explain how one killer controlled both Briccas.

Did a serial killer make his way to Bridgetown ? The answer may be in the science detectives could not have imagined in 1966. "We may solve this case." "

AK - This is no doubt based on the information tips I gave to HCSD that Domigos/Edwards is a possible Zodiac crime. The similarities include a couple is targeted, use of pre-cut ropes, theory that female was ordered to tie male, body of female is posed atop body of male, female clothes are partially cut or lifted to expose breasts. Similarities to confirmed Zodiac cases include overkill multiple stab wounds, use of long knife may be bayonet length.

In Percy and Robison the dresses/nightgowns were lifted, there was overkill stabbing or shooting and in Percy a long knife perhaps a bayonet was used, and a bayonet was found nearby in the lake. In Robison and in Bricca, the husband/wife/children are killed, and in Robison a person calling himself ZODIUS demands his words in the paper, and police say ZODIUS had inside knowledge of the case and may have been the killer.

In some good news,...

...the Zodiac Killer/Domingos-Edwards murderer has been mentioned as a suspect(s) in the Ohio Bricca family murders of Sept. 27, 1966, based in large part on information I provided. The Bricca Murders fall into an incredible series of horrorific killings that happened in the fall of 1966 : Valerie Percy, Chicago area, September 18 1966; Bricca Cincinnati area September 25 or 27 1966, Sims Florida October 1966, Cheri Bates California October 30 1966. (Also looking at the Robison murders, Michigan, June 1968, with the tipster/killer calling himself ZODIUS and bodies stacked).

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/..._a_new_theory_on_the_bricca_murders?wpid=5435

There was some confusion when the detectives noted the similarity of bound male and female bodies placed atop each other in the Bricca case as being similar to the Zodiac Killer. In fact they were referring specifically to the possible Zodiac crime of the Domingos-Edwards murders. I did explain, briefly, the evidence both for and against the Zodiac being responsible for this case, I think the detectives just adopted a shorthand of considering it a Zodiac case for purposes of comparison.

The detectives also noted similarities that do pertain to a confirmed Zodiac case which also involved a knife attack on and a male - female being bound, with the female likely ordered to tie the male, and it happened to Hartnell and Sheperd on September 27, 1969, which is exactly three years after the Bricca bodies were found on September 27, 1966.

Based on evidence and information I provided, and other supporting evidence that they found, the Zodiac Killer/Domingos - Edwards murderer have been mentioned by police there as a suspect(s) in the Bricca Family Murder Case of September 27th, 1966. They are also open to possible ties to the nearby September 18, 1966 murder of Valerie Percy and the later similar MO of the California murders of the EAR/ONS Golden State Killer.

Work on the case continues and I applaud the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department, the Ohio Attorney General and the FBI for keeping an open mind and not giving up.

Work continues on these murders which happened in the Woodhaven subdivision.

The Hamilton County Coroner has sent recovered DNA to the FBI.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/coroner-sending-evidence-to-fbi-for-dna-testing-in-bricca-case

The Robison Family was brutally killed on 6-25-68, near Good Hart, in Blisswood, Michigan, near the shores of Lake Michigan.

New info: Three pubic hairs were found on the body of Shirley Robison, they did NOT match prime suspect Joe Scolaro nor any member of the family.

For the first time to my eyes, actual handwriting from the killer of the Robison Family. This note was put on the cabin to deter neighbors. It had to have been done by the killer.

robiso10.jpg

For more info see: http://unazod.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90 and

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=993

Bumping this case again, although I now doubt it's linked to any of the others mentioned in this thread.

TK he did a lot of his killing with bombs. And didnt the Zodiac have a penchant for killing prostitutes?

Linking this case to the Zodiac killer is insane. I know people want to link Zodiac to every murder but it's not reality. There's no doubt that Scalaro is responsible for the death of this family, whether by doing it himself or having help. Scalaro is the killer, and he was the only one with a real motive. Trying to find ways to link a California serial killer to the Robisons doesn't hold water with me. I know both cases pretty well and Zodiac never even would have ever entered my mind on this case.

I interviewed the lead detective in this case back in college as a Crim Justice major. I grew up in a town not far from Good Hart. As an aside, I also interviewed one of the early suspects in the Robison murders, John Norman Collins.

What did you make of Collins?

Oh good, then my feelings about him are spot on! :D

I find it odd that no one came to check on the family-that they just lay there that whole time, dead.

Apparently they had told people they were planning to go to FL & KY after their holiday to look at real estate so people assumed that's where they had gone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Linking this case to the Zodiac killer is insane. I know people want to link Zodiac to every murder but it's not reality. There's no doubt that Scalaro is responsible for the death of this family, whether by doing it himself or having help. Scalaro is the killer, and he was the only one with a real motive. Trying to find ways to link a California serial killer to the Robisons doesn't hold water with me. I know both cases pretty well and Zodiac never even would have ever entered my mind on this case.
The Zodiac connection is pure fantasy, but it would make for a good movie plot. The evidence against Scolaro is overwhelming. The fact that he was one of the only purchasers in the entire state of the ectremely rare ammunition used in the murders seals the deal for me.

Michigan author Mardi Link expands true crime book on the infamous case

The 50th anniversary opens up that ugly wound on the community and Mardi Link, a Traverse City author, has added new information to “When Evil Came to Good Hart,” her best-selling 2008 book on the murders.

Link said the new edition delves deeper into the “officially unsolved” murder — nobody has been convicted of the crime. Michigan State Police detectives put together a solid case implicating Joseph Scolaro III, the business partner of Richard Robison, but without the weapons and any fingerprints, or other evidence to tie Scolaro to the scene, the local prosecutor and later the Oakland County prosecutor did not bring charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back