WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. The brother...no emotion, no concern on his face at all.
Then IMO he KNOWS tha Sky is ALIVE and well!
Google his name... He is the kind of person that WOULD hide a child IF he was led to believe the child was INDEED in DANGER!

Better yet, how about her own private cell, with a shared toilet of course.

Actually I was thinking she deserves a porta potty, you know those disgusting portable toilets popular at outdoor fairs and construction site. Preferably one that has already experienced heavy usage and has not been cleaned.

$17.99!

Then IMO he KNOWS tha Sky is ALIVE and well!
Google his name... He is the kind of person that WOULD hide a child IF he was led to believe the child was INDEED in DANGER!

But then why is M not hidden as well? If JB really felt that SM was such a horrible person why did she want him to have M instead of M being placed in a foster home for the time being?

I too would love for Sky to be alive and well somewhere because JB "hid" him from SM however I do not believe that is the case. It makes no sense to hide one child and not the other. Unfortunately I believe that Sky is dead, and by his mother's hands.

MOO

But then why is M not hidden as well? If JB really felt that SM was such a horrible person why did she want him to have M instead of M being placed in a foster home for the time being?

I too would love for Sky to be alive and well somewhere because JB "hid" him from SM however I do not believe that is the case. It makes no sense to hide one child and not the other. Unfortunately I believe that Sky is dead, and by his mother's hands.

MOO
You may be right. She didn't run IMO cause she wants to keep playing the field.
The child if handed off was indeed expendable but NOT killed.
I just think her brother is a stand up kid and would have "created" the perfect "scenario" to make one "think" a death occured while all the time the child is out of the country alive and well.
I PRAY I'm on the right track with my gut...
:praying:

:nurse:it's the nurse in me and I can't give up yet!:seeya:

This so called 'mother' reminds me so much of Casey Anthony it makes me sick. She is apparently a complete narcissist and totally self absorbed. And this is on top of the other psychiatric problems she reportedly has, bipolar, severe OCD to the point of being delusional, etc. She cares nothing for anyone but herself. Period.

Even worse, this completely mentally incompetent person has been allowed to have complete control over these two little children for an extended period of time. This is in spite of there being other so-called responsible adults, family, friends, including the father, in the picture. This is totally outrageous and unacceptable.

This 'mother' had already been known to have had serious mental health issues, so the fact that the children were with her, in my opinion, is in itself a serious problem. To add to that, her dysfunctional and enabling family and friends share responsibility as well. The father is well meaning, but he is weak, and should have taken the children from her long ago. He did not try hard enough. I hope they are all thinking long and hard about this.

I find myself so conflicted. I just don't think this woman is smart enough to pull off the perfect crime. Why hasn't he been found? If everyone thinks she did this in an "episode" why has it been almost two weeks? For him to be gone this long some thought had to do into it. Premeditation and psychotic break just dont go together.

I find myself so conflicted. I just don't think this woman is smart enough to pull off the perfect crime. Why hasn't he been found? If everyone thinks she did this in an "episode" why has it been almost two weeks? For him to be gone this long some thought had to do into it. Premeditation and psychotic break just dont go together.

You're right - they don't. I don't believe there was a psychotic break personally. In psychotic filicide cases we usually see an almost immediate confession or suicide attempt. Out of 29 psychotic filicides there were confessions in 23 and suicide attempts in 20. (e.g. Dena Schlosser and Andrea Yates both confessed to the 911 operator)

To be fair it is unknown in some of these cases if the psychotic break was precipitated or caused by the filicide.

I do not believe, in watching so many of these cases unfold, that a parent needs to be a criminal mastermind in order to get away with murder. A very short list of missing children's cases where parental involvement may be suspected: Kyron Horman; Schepp twins; Skelton boys; Gabriel Johnson; Haleigh Cummings; Madeleine McCann; Hailey Dunn; Aaliyah Lunsford and (hotly debated) Lisa Irwin. No recoveries have been made and no charges levied in any of those cases for murder. All of those cases are between 1 month-4 years old. In two of those cases one parent informed the other parent they had indeed killed the child.

Tyler's quick recovery and 'mother's' subsequent confession was incredibly atypical for a (presumably) non-psychotic filicide. JMO and FWIW

ETA: I am not familiar with a psychotic filicide that included elaborate staging, a cover up, or lying to/refusing to speak to investigators. Doesn't mean they aren't out there but I can only think of non-psychotic filicides in which that has occurred.

I find myself so conflicted. I just don't think this woman is smart enough to pull off the perfect crime. Why hasn't he been found?

He was a very small boy. And she likes to clean things up, you know. :twocents:

RBBM

At some point I think society needs to accept that murdering a child is most often a choice and hold the parent fully responsible for that choice. We have seen that trend already in paternal filicides but maternal filicides are rarely afforded the same social disdain or judicial decree.

-->Off my soapbox now. Sorry...I am really passionate that far too many mothers are getting away with murder. Many more than statistics can even speculate. JMHO

I could not agree more! :woohoo:

After reading so many of these cases, I am just so tired of hearing about how something pushed someone "over the edge" so they had to make themselves feel better by killing one of their children.

And we are supposed to sympathize with that . . . why? Isn't that one of the most barbaric and despicable things a person can do? Funny, but when men leave a child by the side of the road, I never read much sympathy for them.

ETA: And I am not downplaying how hard it is to raise children these days in the middle of a Great Recession. I had many hard days when my three were little, believe me. I yearned for some adult time, too, like the mother in the Lisa Irwin case. But funny thing is, I always knew where my babies were at night and I didn't leave them in a car by the side of the road with door unlocked.

I think this case is a tragedy because of the custody battle and the way things were decided in favor of a clearly dysfunctional mother, but at some point the buck stopped with her.

You're right - they don't. I don't believe there was a psychotic break personally. In psychotic filicide cases we usually see an almost immediate confession or suicide attempt. Out of 29 psychotic filicides there were confessions in 23 and suicide attempts in 20. (e.g. Dena Schlosser and Andrea Yates both confessed to the 911 operator)

To be fair it is unknown in some of these cases if the psychotic break was precipitated or caused by the filicide.

I do not believe, in watching so many of these cases unfold, that a parent needs to be a criminal mastermind in order to get away with murder. A very short list of missing children's cases where parental involvement may be suspected: Kyron Horman; Schepp twins; Skelton boys; Gabriel Johnson; Haleigh Cummings; Madeleine McCann; Hailey Dunn; Aaliyah Lunsford and (hotly debated) Lisa Irwin. No recoveries have been made and no charges levied in any of those cases for murder. All of those cases are between 1 month-4 years old. In two of those cases one parent informed the other parent they had indeed killed the child.

Tyler's quick recovery and 'mother's' subsequent confession was incredibly atypical for a (presumably) non-psychotic filicide. JMO and FWIW

ETA: I am not familiar with a psychotic filicide that included elaborate staging, a cover up, or lying to/refusing to speak to investigators. Doesn't mean they aren't out there but I can only think of non-psychotic filicides in which that has occurred.

Thank you for mentioning that.

I hate to say it, but I was really expecting a suicide attempt by now.

RBBM
I feel just the opposite. That we, as societies, all too often look for reasons to minimize a mother's involvement and filicides are allowed to propagate.

In every maternal filicide case I have ever followed there has been the following offered as theories for why mothers kill: sexual abuse; spousal abuse; being physically abused as a child; having children at a young age; substance abuse; mental illness; poor role models; the way in which they themselves were parented; low income; little secondary education, etc.

Certainly some of these factors are present in filicides but in no way should they, in my opinion, even begin to diminish the crime of stealing a child's life away. Except, of course, in cases of true psychosis in which the mother is truly incapable of determining right from wrong. Those filicides in my opinion are tragedies.

The vast majority though exhibit overwhelming characteristics of selfishness, revenge, narcissism, and apathy. Research has shown that depression is most often associated with filicide (some studies peak at 71%) and while we all know depression is a mental illness what about the millions of mothers who suffer from it and do their damndest to be great moms? What about those women who overcome tumultuous and turbulent childhoods themselves to ensure their children have it better than they did? What about the wives who risk their own lives to remove their children from an abusive household? What about the moms who are single parents without support systems that struggle to attend school, work, and are still there for their kids school play?

At some point I think society needs to accept that murdering a child is most often a choice and hold the parent fully responsible for that choice. We have seen that trend already in paternal filicides but maternal filicides are rarely afforded the same social disdain or judicial decree.

-->Off my soapbox now. Sorry...I am really passionate that far too many mothers are getting away with murder. Many more than statistics can even speculate. JMHO

Please stay on that soapbox! I am so sick of hearing about the "mother's" extenuating circumstances that led to the death and/or disappearance of a child that I could spit! Her abuse, her illness, her stress....enough already! Woman who kill make a decision just like their male counterparts, we really need to start holding them equally responsible, regardless of her "problems" - true psychosis (like Andrea Yates) excluded from this rant.

Speaking of responsible, Julia where's Sky?!?

Is there a link confirming the car she abandoned claiming it was out of gas is her brothers?

tia

I based that off the video in my comment above, where they state that she was driving her brother's car. I don't have a link other than that. Sorry!

This so called 'mother' reminds me so much of Casey Anthony it makes me sick. She is apparently a complete narcissist and totally self absorbed. And this is on top of the other psychiatric problems she reportedly has, bipolar, severe OCD to the point of being delusional, etc. She cares nothing for anyone but herself. Period.

Even worse, this completely mentally incompetent person has been allowed to have complete control over these two little children for an extended period of time. This is in spite of there being other so-called responsible adults, family, friends, including the father, in the picture. This is totally outrageous and unacceptable.

This 'mother' had already been known to have had serious mental health issues, so the fact that the children were with her, in my opinion, is in itself a serious problem. To add to that, her dysfunctional and enabling family and friends share responsibility as well. The father is well meaning, but he is weak, and should have taken the children from her long ago. He did not try hard enough. I hope they are all thinking long and hard about this.

TY and very much agree. This is why I think it is imperative for some professional to talk to the father and be sure he CAN handle the responsiblility again. Sorry, but he wasn't responsible the first go around, imo. Granted the authorities and the courts were slack in their responsibities also, but the situation went on for years (since the birth of MM) and he lost everything before he decided to firmly do to anything. I just can't help doubting that he has good judgement......nothing personal against the man...just something is not right and needs to be "adjusted" before he's given free reign to oversee the care of MM again.

JMO, LE hasn't cleared him either. Not that I think he did anything to harm Sky, but there has to still be a doubt in LE's mind about something....or the would have by now. IMO, JMO, etc.

ive not been able to keep up with this case,but are LE no further forward on finding this little sweet heart? :( anymore searches taken place etc?

apologies if this has already been covered

I have decided to WAIT until LE states that the car that Julia was driving is her brother's rather then coming out of a reporters mouth.

I just find it odd that with all of the press conferences done in this case that "significant" fact was clearly left out.

I stumbled across this article online -- supposedly an interview with JB's mom. Anyone local know if this source is legit?

"An exclusive one on one with grandmother of missing child"
http://www.thenewtakhoman.com/111411.html

JB's mom says she was interviewed by the FBI twice, mentions "Julia's problems", and talks about the family's history (coming to the US and her ex leaving her for a young prostitute).

I stumbled across this article online -- supposedly an interview with JB's mom. Anyone local know if this source is legit?

"An exclusive one on one with grandmother of missing child"
http://www.thenewtakhoman.com/111411.html

JB's mom says she was interviewed by the FBI twice, mentions "Julia's problems", and talks about the family's history (coming to the US and her ex leaving her for a young prostitute).

Good find! She seems quite bitter about men.

OT but Steve Wilkos was a Chicago police officer for many years. I worked with him at a department store where he did security on the weekends. :D

Yeah, that's right! He was a cop....he is one tough cookie, but I do kinda fancy his style...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie