For sale: baby buggy, by reluctant original owner

zwiebel

Reaction score
I don't believe a word of this English Dad's complaints. I bet he's proud as punch of his kids really. But boy, was this ebay ad for this used baby buggy funny. It starts like this:

'Here we have for sale the green monster that can only be Phil and Teds. I shall be glad to see it leave my premises and never return.

This was purchased against my wishes many years ago as I never wanted any children and a buggy signified my wife's intent to have children. We argued much and this buggy signifies everything that ended my happy carefree low cost child free life.'...

And doesn't get better:

'All of my children are now walking (often in completely the wrong direction) but someone else deserves to give this a good home. Over the years I have collected spare bits from other zombified fathers who were once full of life and I will throw these in as well.'...

I especially like the bit that says his dad once bought a house that cost less than the buggy. :) I don't believe that, either, although his grandparents might have been able to do that.

Here's the media link:

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/worl...fers-kids-buggy-5005771#ICID=sharebar_twitter

And here's the ebay ad that's now gone viral. The comments are as funny as the ad, but he doesn't seem to have had many good offers. Maybe it's that lime green. Can't wait until that color goes out of fashion.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131406614416

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2015-01-19-at-164044.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2015-01-19-at-164044.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for posting this -- I loved the Q & A on ebay!! Love the banter.

Lol, the bids have gone up to £24,000 now - about $36,000.

Somebody's messing about; bids are up to nearly £154,000 now. About $230,000!

The comments are getting funnier - a mom of 6 just told him off.

I can't believe that anyone is seriously going to pay that exorbitant amount for a used stroller...:waitasec:

And why would someone tell him off. He is obviously joking. My husband makes jokes like that all the time--he just wanted a son so he'd have someone to take out the trash cans etc. Meanwhile he is a very loving and caring father. Some people have ZERO sense of humor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back