A word of caution - Take a breather or 4

Friptzap

Reaction score
I posted this as an aid to someone on a post where they mentioned they were loosing contact with their family and friends and neglecting their housework etc etc. Please, everyone, listen to my comments and consider you have no obligation here to do anything you are not responible for finding Caylee or bringing her justice at all. Helping someone is a wonderful experience and it feels great to aid esspecially in this effort with the dissapearance of this little girl but it seems many many people helping in this effort are getting way way to close and taking on way way to much burden and are beggining to neglect their own lives. Not just the person I posted the following comments to but others as well and not just people here, the protestors as well. Please take time off of this if you feel so heavily burduned and are finding out your children are now fully grown and have their own children! Levity... We may fail at providing the proper justice this is a fact we need to understand or it will tear us apart inside while trying to help resolve this case.

This is what I said about this originally to another poster here:

Honestly, you and for that matter none of us need to "figure this out" It sounds like it is time to step back and walk away from this for a week. Many Many people I have begun to notice are taking this on as a personal crusade that they refuse to fail at. The ultimate job is in the hands of the police. Do research in your "spare" time. Take care of your other aspects of your life full time.

This is honest and serious advice I give not just to you but to anyone and everyone that feels this way. Including the protestors. People are getting too close to the case, a policeman getting this close would have been pulled off the case under these conditions, consider that as you breach the line between assisting people with information and getting your self so involved you feel you have begun to take the burden on all by yourself and nobody is there helping. Nobody outside of the police department should feel 100% or even 5% of the burden here, and even a police officer would be removed if he got that involved, so if you feel that way please I caution everyone to step back.

Yep I agree. I did this very thing yesterday and I plan to take another breather tonight. This is a three day weekend for my family and I didn't want to spend too much time on here when I have an 8 month old son who loves my attention.

It's so easy to get caught up in helping others and forgetting about the very family and friends who make us happy.

Ty again, Friptzap!!

Great Post, as a matter of fact, we took the kids and the cars went to the drag racing strip and ran the cars a few times, Kids had a blast, we had a breather (and I beat DH's reaction time off the line!).

Don't forget the important people in your life.

I took a lot of the posters' remarks about not cleaning or whatever as sort of exaggerated on the joking thread. The internet can be addicting in general though whether it's a crime forum or chat room. Every big crime in the media has people trying to figure it out or find clues online, so that's nothing new that I can see.

Looks like you are new to the boards, by the date of joining, so welcome to WS! I have to agree with absolut: this is a wise post... very wise.

I leave for Ireland in 48 hours... I'll have limited internet access for the next 2 weeks or so, because I will be out in the field doing photography. I admit that I will miss being able to catch up on this case... but I know I seriously need the break... I am constantly ranting and raving about this case like it was happening in my own house. That is not good. :(

I posted this as an aid to someone on a post where they mentioned they were loosing contact with their family and friends and neglecting their housework etc etc.

Best things that's happened to me in a while was my 3 day ban for going over the top. Been doing stuff and "browsing" here, rather than living here and "browsing" life.

Good post! :)

Great advice.

I'm gonna get off here for a while and go mow the lawn... and get some housework done. Really! heh

I personally back away frequently. Sometimes I just read. I am beyond tired of this every day nonsense from Casey and the Anthony's.

Right now, it seems the case is in a lull. I would like to see a Grand Jury in place this coming week and end with a murder enditement for Casey. (I know, just dreaming)

I posted this as an aid to someone on a post where they mentioned they were loosing contact with their family and friends and neglecting their housework etc etc. Please, everyone, listen to my comments and consider you have no obligation here to do anything you are not responible for finding Caylee or bringing her justice at all. Helping someone is a wonderful experience and it feels great to aid esspecially in this effort with the dissapearance of this little girl but it seems many many people helping in this effort are getting way way to close and taking on way way to much burden and are beggining to neglect their own lives. Not just the person I posted the following comments to but others as well and not just people here, the protestors as well. Please take time off of this if you feel so heavily burduned and are finding out your children are now fully grown and have their own children! Levity... We may fail at providing the proper justice this is a fact we need to understand or it will tear us apart inside while trying to help resolve this case.

This is what I said about this originally to another poster here:

Honestly, you and for that matter none of us need to "figure this out" It sounds like it is time to step back and walk away from this for a week. Many Many people I have begun to notice are taking this on as a personal crusade that they refuse to fail at. The ultimate job is in the hands of the police. Do research in your "spare" time. Take care of your other aspects of your life full time.

This is honest and serious advice I give not just to you but to anyone and everyone that feels this way. Including the protestors. People are getting too close to the case, a policeman getting this close would have been pulled off the case under these conditions, consider that as you breach the line between assisting people with information and getting your self so involved you feel you have begun to take the burden on all by yourself and nobody is there helping. Nobody outside of the police department should feel 100% or even 5% of the burden here, and even a police officer would be removed if he got that involved, so if you feel that way please I caution everyone to step back.

I have to say that was a great post! :clap::clap:

I try to step away, but when my daughter isn't playing and wants to read or go for a bike ride, I don't hesistate to do so. When she is down time and playing barbies, I check in. Great advice! We do get emotionally attached.

I took a lot of the posters' remarks about not cleaning or whatever as sort of exaggerated on the joking thread. The internet can be addicting in general though whether it's a crime forum or chat room. Every big crime in the media has people trying to figure it out or find clues online, so that's nothing new that I can see.

I think it is more about the heated discussions going on too. Either way, it was a post to remind others that it is very easy to get so caught up in this case that you can lose sight of your own world and family. Look at how many posts I have and I just recently signed up. :blushing:

I'll be the first to admit my slight addiction to this case....

That's why my fiance and I decided it was better for me to step back and we have things planned as a family later on that will take me from the computer for a few hours.

Nothing to shake a stick at.....

Best things that's happened to me in a while was my 3 day ban for going over the top. Been doing stuff and "browsing" here, rather than living here and "browsing" life.

Good post! :)

Mee TOO!

Excellent advice. This case has just been consuming me. I have never experienced anythning like it before. Never considered myself an "addictive" personality (non-drinker, non-smoker, don't even like perscription drugs, not a comfort eater <tho I do like my sweets!>) but this case has just sucked me in. This darling little girl is about the same age as my precious granddaughter(s) and bears an incredible resemblance to one of them ... so thanks for the reminder. Let's see if I can exercise some self-control..

INHALE >>>> EXHALE>>>>

Relax.... Now back to work with me...

Looks like you are new to the boards, by the date of joining, so welcome to WS! I have to agree with absolut: this is a wise post... very wise.

I leave for Ireland in 48 hours... I'll have limited internet access for the next 2 weeks or so, because I will be out in the field doing photography. I admit that I will miss being able to catch up on this case... but I know I seriously need the break... I am constantly ranting and raving about this case like it was happening in my own house. That is not good. :(

Would these be pics that you could give me a copy of :crazy: Just 1 or 2!!

As you can see by my sn I'm Irish and would love a pic!!

I think most of us know when to check ourselves and realize when we're too involved and when to take a break. But, sometimes not. The dynamics surrounding this case are without question complex and the viewpoints of so many are both helpful and can be hurtful at times, even to ourselves. It's that emotional part of ourselves that makes it difficult and I, for one, become so absorbed I let other things go. that's when I know I have to back away even if it's only for an evening or a day. Time to check myself. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for posting this. :clap:

I became way too wrapped up in this case... and have really had to make myself back away from the computer to take a break. I still read daily; post a little; and pray often that Caylee will be found soon.

This case is driving me insane. As a mother, I cannot understand how someone can just lose their child like some random unwanted object and then spew "half-truths" to cover it all up. :eek:

And since I cannot search for Caylee myself (if it moves to TN though I'll be on it! ;)), I have decided to donate what I can to several non-profit organizations that do help find missing persons.

I am also going to try to get more involved in missing persons cases that don't get this type of media attention, in hopes of getting more missing persons faces out locally for everyone to see. That is the biggest impact that I can make right now.

Very sound advice, Friptzap! I tell my friends often, "Go check the outdoors....the graphics are excellent!"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetDreamsAreMadeOfCheez
Back