Searching for Anna - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidekick and I haven't given up yet.

Hi Everyone, (probably should be under 'media' however replying in sequence.)

I was going to mum about this, not to cause stirr unecessarily, I have been in contact with a TV station on the west coast. They are going to see (hopefully) in the next few days if they can write a story about Anna and air it. I feel that we need to take advantage of the media, the larger the better hence television which reaches the masses.

A month ago there was a story about a girl who was kidnapped at age five, they aired her story and with God's grace she was reunited with her family!

Annasmom and I are in touch with the Producer and will followup this week as Christmas approaches, my hopes and wishes are they air it before the big day!

Fingers crosssed everyone!

I was going to mum about this, not to cause stirr unecessarily, I have been in contact with a TV station on the west coast. They are going to see (hopefully) in the next few days if they can write a story about Anna and air it. I feel that we need to take advantage of the media, the larger the better hence television which reaches the masses.

A month ago there was a story about a girl who was kidnapped at age five, they aired her story and with God's grace she was reunited with her family!

Annasmom and I are in touch with the Producer and will followup this week as Christmas approaches, my hopes and wishes are they air it before the big day!

Hi Sidekick,

That's fantastic news. Great work. Will keep my fingers crossed.

~ well, sadly they cannot do the story but will let me know if things change. :(

~ I immediately sent another email off to another TV station in the Bay Area, I haven't heard back yet.

~ I have emailed the SF Chronicle as well, in hopes they can see it in their hearts to write a little story about Anna.

Best, SK

~ well, sadly they cannot do the story but will let me know if things change. :(

~ I immediately sent another email off to another TV station in the Bay Area, I haven't heard back yet.

~ I have emailed the SF Chronicle as well, in hopes they can see it in their hearts to write a little story about Anna.

Best, SK

Never mind SK, at least you tried. If you don't ask, you don't get.

I wanted to wish Annasmom, her brothers and family and all the wonderful sleuths who have participated in this forum a joyous and wonderful Christmas.

cache_2296897154.gif

from Cubby and J'

Today is the 37th anniversary of Anna's disappearance. Thinking of Anna today, as I do everyday. Praying this is the year we get this mystery solved.

Today is the 37th anniversary of Anna's disappearance. Thinking of Anna today, as I do everyday. Praying this is the year we get this mystery solved.

Thinking of Anna and her family today and hoping 2010 will be the year she comes home.

Love and prayers

Sending you all my prayers and positive thoughts that this is the last year we need this thread! Praying for clarity, insight and answers so Anna can be reunited with her family and friends that miss her and love her. Amen!

Annasmom has been working with Anna's age progression picture and asked to post it here for everyone to see. The bone structure of her face, eyebrows, and mole have been modified. She has also given Anna a haircut in one of the pics.

The pictures in this one look EXACTLY like actress Crista Flanagan. I mean..exactly. Not that I think it's the same person, but as a person who is very good at identifying nuances in faces, just remembering that will trigger my memory should I come across anyone who resembles Crista (I live in the Bay Area, so fairly close to the original city).

The pictures in this one look EXACTLY like actress Crista Flanagan. I mean..exactly. Not that I think it's the same person, but as a person who is very good at identifying nuances in faces, just remembering that will trigger my memory should I come across anyone who resembles Crista (I live in the Bay Area, so fairly close to the original city).

Hi sfbaynancydrew,

I googled CF and noticed she has blue eyes, unless there is more than one CF actress.. ..

SK

SK, yes she does, it wasn't the eye color, it was the black and white sketches that were posted. Just saying the likeness was uncanny. Again--I don't think that's HER obviously, just saying if I'm scanning pics of people, it's a good reference.

SK, yes she does, it wasn't the eye color, it was the black and white sketches that were posted. Just saying the likeness was uncanny. Again--I don't think that's HER obviously, just saying if I'm scanning pics of people, it's a good reference.
Her bio puts her nine years younger than Anna. What a pretty girl, however.

Annasmom, thanks for responding. I feel like I set up my observation incorrectly...I was not implying that the actress was Anna. What I was saying is that in people's scanning of pictures it can be hard to remember the original face you're looking for a resemblance in. But having a memory to draw from that is familiar makes it a lot easier. In those black and white sketches I was shocked at how those sketches looked EXACTLY like the actress, who I've watched a zillion times on MadTV. Did I think it was her? Not at all. Her age and other identifiers were wrong (no mole, wrong eye color, too young, seems to have an established history, etc). However, now that I have it burned into my memory, should I see someone out in public who makes me go, "wow, that person looks just like CF the actress!" I will immediately look for a tell tale mole and any other signs that it might be Anna, because it will be burned into my memory. Without that reference, I wouldn't associate that person with Anna. Does that make sense? She also resembles the "So You Think You Can Dance" judge Mary Murphy. Both women share very similar bone structures and features.

Today a former WS member who was active a couple of years ago was in the area for a convention and wanted to look at the house on Purisima Creek Road. We drove out there--you can't see much because the present owner has put up tall fencing all around--but on the way back my visitor asked what was my intuition right at the time Anna went missing. She said that a mother's intuition is seldom wrong. I told her, as I have always told people when they asked me this, that I really had no idea. I said we had gone to look at the creek because we (I) thought that if that's where she went, we didn't have much time and that we should look there first. Later on, though, after the visitor had left, I remembered exactly the sequence of events. I was sitting in the living room and sensed a big silence. I looked in the back yard, then I went out the back door and up the left (west) side of the house toward the road, calling and calling. I don't know if this has any meaning or not, but it is the first time I recalled standing under the trees in the westmost corner of the yard, calling, when Joe came up to me and said "She's gone."

Oh my goodness Annasmom.
Today a former WS member who was active a couple of years ago was in the area for a convention and wanted to look at the house on Purisima Creek Road. We drove out there--you can't see much because the present owner has put up tall fencing all around--but on the way back my visitor asked what was my intuition right at the time Anna went missing. She said that a mother's intuition is seldom wrong. I told her, as I have always told people when they asked me this, that I really had no idea. I said we had gone to look at the creek because we (I) thought that if that's where she went, we didn't have much time and that we should look there first. Later on, though, after the visitor had left, I remembered exactly the sequence of events. I was sitting in the living room and sensed a big silence. I looked in the back yard, then I went out the back door and up the left (west) side of the house toward the road, calling and calling. I don't know if this has any meaning or not, but it is the first time I recalled standing under the trees in the westmost corner of the yard, calling, when Joe came up to me and said "She's gone."

I just want to let everybody know that Colleen Fitzpatrick, a forensic genealogist (http://www.identifinders.com) has been very actively researching Anna's case after reading Searching for Anna and in the past few days has sent us a great deal of information about sources she's looking at. I have forwarded these documents to DrDoogie, SherlockJr and Cubby. For one thing, she has access to a national database which lists every "Anna" born in September of 1967 and also every "Christiana" born in that month and year. Her working theory is that adoptees rarely abandon their birth date and usually also hang on to their first name, or something like it. You will recall that one of the names Brody wanted us to give Anna was Christiana.

I received the info on the databases Annasmom. I need a few days to sort through it. I'm ecstatic Colleen is interested in working on Annas case with her incredibly succesfull track record!

I recommend those following Annas case take a look at the identifinder site Annasmom linked and read about some of Colleens successfull searches and accomplishments. Hopefully she will be able to add Annas case onto her list of succesfull cases!

Okay, folks, I need your help recalling something: Italy has been mentioned as a possible place where GW and GB may have taken Anna. Why did we suspect this? Did GW travel there around 1972-73? Some other reason to suspect an Italian connection?

Please help me out because my old brain does not work like it used to.

Okay, folks, I need your help recalling something: Italy has been mentioned as a possible place where GW and GB may have taken Anna. Why did we suspect this? Did GW travel there around 1972-73? Some other reason to suspect an Italian connection?

Please help me out because my old brain does not work like it used to.

Offhand, GW wrote in the Squibbs about contacting the Italian Consulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak