MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest update I've seen. Sheriff states that the FBI has not taken over the case, but are assisting. They are trying to look a new angles.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140304/NEWS/303040047

As far as the grocery shopping, no one really knows. But if she was only gone from 11:00 to 3:00 and you subtract 2 hours for a possible drive time, then you have two hours left for shopping, groceries or whatever. It takes me over an hour sometimes to get groceries and I live 10 minutes from the store I shop. Saturday traffic in Jackson and surrounding areas where the shopping is very heavy. I don't know that she even went to Jackson, but just saying that a lot of people from those areas do. 4:00 was when the sheriff was called, but she came home about 3:00. I wasn't there. I'm just saying that I understand the lifestyle around here and it is certainly possible.

Because the natural thing to do is freakout and run all over calling for your child, thinking they must just be here or there...then calm down and realize "holy crap, we have got to call the police. She really is missing." JMO, but I don't think it's strange, at all.

idk. I called LE recently, my son rode his bike to h is dads... 15, 20 min after he should have checked in and didn't, I called. no way am I delaying help... and my son is a huge 13 yr old! if my three yr old was missing, I think 5 min of searching would be my limit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The time spent grocery shopping is not odd to me, even thought I live in a completely different world to there, the store is a mile from my house and I can still be gone a couple hours or more. Just watched the video at the above link, a lot of cars on the property, a boat, wonder do they all belong to the family? It seems a lot of vehicles unless someone is a mechanic or scrap dealer.

idk. I called LE recently, my son rode his bike to h is dads... 15, 20 min after he should have checked in and didn't, I called. no way am I delaying help... and my son is a huge 13 yr old! if my three yr old was missing, I think 5 min of searching would be my limit.

I honestly don't know what I'd do. I try not to infer what is proper or not in these situations. (Not that I'm saying you are.) We were at one of those indoor play areas that stamp your arm, and an alarm goes off if you try to open the door. My kid got out of my sight for a minute and I kind of lost my head. I went blank. I am normally a very calm and level headed person in tough situations, but I lost all sense of direction...and I knew he couldn't have left. I really have no idea what I would do a situation with more of a desperate panic. None of us can, until we are there. Even then, some handle the pressure and panic better than others.

WLBT (TV) just reported that there will be a new conference at 3:00 today.

I am freakishly calm in emergencies, even when I was a child.

My daughter disappeared when she was a few months older than Myra while I was in the bathroom.
I started searching, called both my parents and my brother to come home and help.
Just as my parents pulled in the driveway the dog led me to her behind a tree, next to the road and ditch.

30 minutes had elapsed and the thought to call LE had JUST occurred to me.
The LE in our town are incompetent and the last thing we ever want to do is call them. :twocents:
When I thought about calling them I pictured them flying down our road and hitting my kid.
One drove into our ditch and got stuck last week and one rolled across the street last year. :facepalm:

I checked the whole house (3800 square feet), the ditch, the horse pasture, the road, the garage, the workshop, the inside and trunks of all the cars (then locked them) and we have an acre of property.
Searching all that took me about 30 minutes and I was making sure the areas I searched were locked.

It sounds like the Lewis family had more area to search than me and it may have taken them twice as long.
It would be hard to process at that point that the kid had already been missing for 4 hours. :twocents:

I am not about to start speculating that she drove up to an hour to go grocery shopping. If others want to do that, that's fine. I speculate all day long, but find that a far stretch as grocery shopping is something that is typically done local. Shopping is typically done anywhere, which is what she may have meant or even said.

I pass about 10 gas stations when I want to go get a drink.
They don't have Code Red on the fountain at the other 10 gas stations.
I also drive an hour to get to the health food store, it's the only place that has certain things.
I used to do my grocery shopping an hour away because they were the only ones with Code Red in 2 liters.

Locals have said it makes sense that they would drive an hour to get to the grocery store. :twocents:

All I get is about the presser at 3:00. Where is the info on the warrant coming from?

ETA: well, I didn't find the tweet about the warrant. Maybe he deleted it. But this one popped up when I was looking.

https://mobile.twitter.com/radamsWJTV

Emergency response teams at the residence.

Search warrant issued by FBI on the home.

Will you copy and paste, I can't find that tweet... it looks like he deleted it, but I might be missing it. :seeya:
It was retweeted so it WAS originally there, but the link doesn't work anymore.
I wonder if he realized he was wrong or if he tweeted it before he was supposed to?

EricaParsons News ‏@EricaPNews 2m

#MyraLewis #AmberAlert RT @radamsWJTV: BREAKING: FBI executing search warrant at home of #missing #Madison toddler. http://twitter.com/radamsWJTV/status/440922081916510208/photo/1pic.twitter.com/KCrI46VWKZ

All I get is about the presser at 3:00. Where is the info on the warrant coming from?

ETA: well, I didn't find the tweet about the warrant. Maybe he deleted it. But this one popped up when I was looking.

This is the image that goes with that tweet

Bh552htIQAEnpB6.jpg

Ross Adams ‏@radamsWJTV 8m
HAPPENING NOW: FBI emergency response team at the home of missing Madison county toddler. pic.twitter.com/GFrK0TfM8D

I still see the warrant tweet. It was 7 mins before the emergency response team one.

What scenarios would the fbi emergency response team cover? Our local PD's emergency response team is like a SWAT team, so I am just wondering what the fbi might be doing.
P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I still see the warrant tweet. It was 7 mins before the emergency response team one.

That's weird. I can't see it at all. They could be there processing the house if there is a warrant. Seeing them there could have caused an assumption of a warrant, I suppose. Interesting that this all comes after the presser was mentioned. They've been busy today. I wonder if they've found her.

What scenarios would the fbi emergency response team cover? Our local PD's emergency response team is like a SWAT team, so I am just wondering what the fbi might be doing.
P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think he has the wrong team. There is a team called ERT, but they are Evidence Response Team. I don't know of any team called Emergency Response team in the FBI.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/forensic-response/ert

I would just like to add, that they jackets they are wearing are ERT jackets. If you google them you will see. That is evidence team jackets, not emergency.

Are the family still staying in the house? Are they all still together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie