2011.01.04 30 Search Warrants Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a good idea to start a new thread on each SW. IIRC, that is what we did with the last batch (I think).

This thread will be closing shortly.

Okay, folksies. Please move on to specific threads - either make new ones or go to ones already made.

This one is shut.

Thank you so much ynotdivein!

I'm not noodling properly lately. Forgive me. A few questions for those that are on their game today.

1. Are they requesting any or all Medical records for EB or do you think they are *specific* medical records? Such as specific to a Gen Prac or specific to Psychologist, Psychiatrist...etc?

2. Why seal them (speculate for me, other than to protect the integrity of the investigation :D, what do you think might be found within possibly?)

3. I know that in certain states, when there is a govn. agency (for example DSS) investigating an allegation and there is the need for that agency to review a medical record of a minor, that agency is limited to only reviewing a specific entry in that minor's medical record. (For example: An allegation is made that a child is being abused because of a visible injury that required medical care---the agency can request the entry within the chart that deals with that specific injury, but may not review the minor's entire medical history contained within the chart) What I'm trying to ask is/are the complete medical record(s) of a defendent (not yet successfully prosecuted) available for a detective to review? How is a detective qualified to review medical records? Wouldn't there have to be another person to review those records as well?

(Note: many here know me through my posts, I am not defending EB, I'm looking at this to see what course of action this request for her Medical Records would elicit from her Lawyer because even though she has not been formally charged as of yet for Zahra the "dance" had begun and both sides are acutely aware of all movements)

Thanks in advance for any insight, or comments you may have!

1. I don't know how to do those fancy cut-outs of the pdfs, but one of the first ones says, to provide "any and all medical records, medical charts, personal business charts, medication charts, admission charts, documents, reports, histories, charts of any kind and descriptions relative to the treatment and/or care of" Elisa Annette Baker or any of her aliases... they subpoenaed hospitals and a number of individual physicians...

2. Why seal this stuff... I'm really not sure on the medical stuff. I can see why they wouldn't have wanted to alert AB/EB and the Young clan that their cell phones were being looked into. Clearly LE felt that reviewing the pings from various Youngs would be illuminating in determining what happened to Zahra, yet for weeks and weeks AY at least was cocky enough to run his mouth on various online sites; I can only imagine what his phone calls and pings would tell us about him.

3. That is an awesome question. I have NO idea how HIPAA works when LE is involved... maybe we can lure a lawyer into our lawyer thread and ask them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth