TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Amazing how many posts since I was here last! Not easy to keep up, but so sad to find nothing really new in finding Holly. So angry at whomever did this!

In cases like these I wonder sometime if LE spends too much time or becomes hindered managing volunteers and searching forests, fields, and land; whereas more resources should be put onto checking a person's neighbors, webpages, social networks, phone records, co-workers/students, etc....
To be sure, I am no way saying anything against the efforts of those who volunteer.
ETA: there is some sophisticated technology that can be used from the air to search for people... I would think having lots of people in the woods etc. might ironically work against this tech stuff.

Just jumping in here. Has TBI looked at survelliance of any of Holly's whereabouts/action days prior to her disapperance from convenience stores, gym, or maybe Walmart? It seems to be a pattern of a stalker. Also, definitely her computer and texts for activity from someone who is not close to Holly. Facebook "friends", that sort of thing. The knew Holly's habits, and knew the AM was the best time to "grab" her.

As far as I know...

No one's schedules have been definitively reported. Only in general terms do we know who was doing what. There is not one report somewhere that says OK mom left at 7 AM, Holly left at 7:32, Clint was supposed to leave at 8:15, etc. Only rough approximations. Im sure LE knows more but it hasnt been spelled out in any useful way.

I still think the suspect knew clint was home and that is why, instead of stuffing Holly back through the door and inside, he took her away, FAST.

Lots of people who do abductions (or murders) grab someone with people in the house. Look at JonBenet Ramsey, Eliz Smart, Jessica Lundsford... all those people were in their own home with one or more adults present and in the case of Eliz Smart her own sister witnessed the abduction. So knowing people are at home does not seem to be a great deterrant for this kind of crime. I think if Clint had gone outside when the guy was there, he could have been killed, Holly would have still been taken, and there possibly would be even less evidence.

I found the interview in which he says everybody is a suspect. THAT IS NOT A DIRECT QUOTE. I will have transcript in up in 15-20 minutes.

Interesting. Every news source that has it, has it as a direct quote of his.

I can't wait to see what he actually said.

I noticed in an interview with the father, he mentioned he thought it was someone local who knew when the mother, himself and Holly left. He didn't mention someone knowing the brother's schedule. Was it unusual for the brother to be there? Just to be clear, I don't believe the brother has anything to do with what happened, he's just a witness. If someone local, they didn't know about the brother.

I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. If the person is local, he didn't know the brother was home. That's if the person had been watching the family prior to this happening.

As far as I know...

No one's schedules have been definitively reported. Only in general terms do we know who was doing what. There is not one report somewhere that says OK mom left at 7 AM, Holly left at 7:32, Clint was supposed to leave at 8:15, etc. Only rough approximations. Im sure LE knows more but it hasnt been spelled out in any useful way.

Also, I'm sure in a town that small, most people know where everyone works.

If the perp knew Holly at all, then they knew her mother was a teacher (needs to leave early), and that her father works for a tree service (almost certainly has to leave early). They also would know that Holly is student, and probably wouldn't have to leave before either of her parents.

I hadn't thought of that but it makes sense. If the person is local, he didn't know the brother was home. That's if the person had been watching the family prior to this happening.

Or this person was not "threatened" by the brother. I saw a pic of Holly's brother and his arm is in a cast and doesn't appear very large. Is there a composite sketch of the "man" leading away Holly? Even the 's back would help. Size, structure, and height is something.

We are 4 wheeler enthusuiasts, we love 4 wheeling. That said I can't understand why LE hasn't given out the info if a 4 wheeler was used in the woods. Tire tracks or beaten down paths would of been seen. Unless there was a 4 wheeler trail in that vicinity does anyone know?

I wonder how long it will take. The DNA tests that broke the Anne Pressly case took Arkansas 7 months to process.

I'm almost done reading the Christa Worthington rape/murder case in Truro, Cape Cod..In 2002 it took 3 yrs to get the DNA results..That's how backed up they were in MA at the time..It led directly to the perp who got convicted but it ruined a lot of lives of other ppl waiting to be cleared..The perp turned out to be the 'trash collector' who wasn't really even on LE's radar but they asked for DNA sample from any & all males who had the slightest contact with the victim..They all gave it willingly..My guess is the perp either didn't understand DNA or thought he'd look suspicious if he didn't comply..If that was the case I'm surprised he didn't skip town. :waitasec:

Or this person was not "threatened" by the brother. I saw a pic of Holly's brother and his arm is in a cast and doesn't appear very large. Is there a composite sketch of the "man" leading away Holly? Even the 's back would help. Size, structure, and height is something.

bbm

That's a possibility.

I finished reading an article. It seems as though there wasn't much blood. Not enough to make one think someone was bleeding all over the place.

TBI Director Mark Gwyn said. "We did find blood at the scene, but not enough to lead us to believe that it was a life-threatening injury, so we've got to just hope and pray that she is still alive."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110419/NEWS25/104190317/-75K-reward-Holly-Bobo-case

53Chevygirl,

So glad you joined......glad to have you.......happy posting:greetings:

:welcome::welcome4::fireworks2:

score

4/18/2011

Reporter asks where investigation is headed on Day 5.
Gwyn:
“Well, we have over 250 leads, um, that we’re looking at. Uh, we also have a good bit of evidence that’s being analyzed at the TBI crime lab right now, and we’ve also engaged the community, uh, and asked for their support and their help. Uh, so I think we’re on the right track. Uh, it’s just gonna take for something to come in, uh, and really take us to the next level in the investigation.”
Reporter asks about conflicting reports that she was dragged to woods or walked to woods.
Gwyn:
“Well, we don’t believe that Holly was dragged into the woods, we, we think based on, uh, her brother, who is the only witness, that she walked into the woods. Uh, as far as the suspects, uh, we have not eliminated anyone, um, from this investigation. Uh, obviously there are people that are, that we feel are witnesses, and we’ve treated as such, uh, but we have not eliminated anyone, and that’s why we ask the community to really look amongst themselves. Uh, this is a very rural area, a very wooded area, and someone would have had to known how to navigate around the area. Uh, either a hunter or a resident or something of that nature in order to be able to, uh, in order to enter and exit, uh, like they did.”
Reporter asks if that means that brother and bf are still suspects:
Gwyn:
“There is nobody been ruled out of this investigation. We have not, uh, got tunnel vision, uh, and, and, ruled anybody out. Uh, everybody, at this point, based on the su-, evidence that we have, based on the leads that we have, could potentially be a subject.
Reporter asks if varying eyewitness testimonies affect the chances of finding Holly:
Gwyn:
“Well, you know, obviously, we would like to have, um, uh, s-, all of your witnesses and eyewitnesses give you the same story, in a perfect world. But that rarely happens, so, basically what you have to do is take all your evidence, collect it, analyze it, and you’ve got to take the evidence, where, uh, you’ve got to take the investigation where the evidence is going to lead you.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...n=Feed:+CBSNewsVideo+(News+Video:+CBSNews.com)

And this is why I say beware the sound bite. And I would like to add, even here, where the media has reported his statement as "everyone could be a suspect," that is not even the word that he used. He used the word "subject"...not a lot of difference, but it does make me wonder if maybe our reliable mass media doesn't sometimes hear what they want to hear.

I thought it a little odd that Holly's father would leave out the brother when saying he thought it was someone local and knew the schedules of mother, father and Holly. Could be several reasons. Maybe brother is not employed right now and doesn't leave at regular times. Just made me curious.

I think it is almost safe to say that no one from the town has been missing this full week along with Holly, at least no one that anyone knows about including LE, as wouldn't there be good reason to put out a BOLO on a person if they vanished the same day as Holly, and could not be located?

Of course this could be someone who lives alone in a trailer on a remote piece of land and no one knows that he is not around, which could mean the perp is still with Holly. But it seems far more likely that if this was a true local, he came and went the same day, and Holly must be out there somewhere, not being transported across state line after state line.

I honestly don't think LE is playing games with the perp right now, I think they are truly at a loss as to what happened to Holly and maybe they have a person or two they are keeping an eye on, due to possible motive, but motive alone isn't going to get them anywhere.

Whoever took her probably has a portable scanner knowing LE's every move!

We are 4 wheeler enthusuiasts, we love 4 wheeling. That said I can't understand why LE hasn't given out the info if a 4 wheeler was used in the woods. Tire tracks or beaten down paths would of been seen. Unless there was a 4 wheeler trail in that vicinity does anyone know?

All they have asked is for people to report suspicious washing of cars or ATVs. I would think there are trails around there but also the heavy rains the next few days would have washed away fresh tire marks from anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1