NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#29

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last CM article again implies no visits by mother .... WHY?!! I've said this before, but I find this very strange. Is she repulsed? Is she about to break? She was obviously fine the day of the bomb affected Bail Hearing as both parents were seen leaving the Kenmore home that afternoon and again the next morning. Why hasn't she been to the remand centre? I can't understand this.

Maybe there's a heritable anxiety disorder that is exacerbated under stress? GBC might share such a trait with his mother. I'm thinking - panic attacks that appear when life isn't going to plan, and have been occasional in the past and therefore not requiring treatment...until now???
Just a vague possibility.

Or GBC might have requested his mother NOT visit, feeling they might both suffer more for it.
MOO

Sounds like he may have been topless when this occurred and that a violent struggle took place.

I had thought about this too.
Possible scenario: GBC is having ashower when Allisons confronts him about his 'conversation' with TM. Whatever he had been thinking of (that required him to google self incrimination prior to this night), suddenly becomes a RIGHT HERE ! RIGHT NOW ! I'M GONNA DO IT ! moment.
Did they have an ensuite bathroom ? Could he have followed her to the bedroom and suffocated her with one of the pillows ?

IMO
JMO
MOO

I have spent days reading through these forums.

First and foremost I am devastated for the three girls who lost their mother at the hands of presumably their own father.

My thoughts are with Allison's family. I hope they find the strength they need to try and work through this unforgivable crime!

---
Do you all think Allison knew what he was capable of? Of course not! So tell me... How could Toni?

Most people in life like to see the best in people, especially people we love. I am bemused at the fingers that have been pointed at Toni who is a victim here!

She foolishly fell in love with a married man, sadly it happens every day. The heart wants what it wants and sometimes it rules the head.

It frustrates me to read comments like "she shouldn't have 'gone after' a married man" how do know that she was not the one pursued - he was her boss, he had the position of power. Him sleazing on to her seems more plausible given cassinova was juggling a wife and 3 lovers!

It frustrates me that people say she "demanded" that he leave his wife. When? Just because he e-mailed her saying he made her a commitment to leave his wife by a certain date doesn't mean she demanded it - it seems more likely that she was sick of sneaking around and was going him and he encouraged her to keep up the affair promising that he will leave his wife. It's a story been told thousands of times before!

It frustrates me that people comment on her appearance as if the affair would be more acceptable if the photos of her released by the media were more flattering it would some how be ok? She is absolutely beautiful in person.

No one but she knows why she fell in love with a married man - most of make mistakes of the heart but that doesn't mean she had any idea it would end this way.

She is a victim. Her life will never be the same again. She could have been the one who was killed if he could work out away to cash in on her demise!

He is a gutless man fuelled by greed! He preys on people to take advantage of. Toni is just one more on a long list of people who is hurting due to the actions of this spineless snake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome5:

June 13, 2012
At 3pm, Mr Baden-Clay was arrested at the Toowong Towers car park. Police allege the scratches on Mr Baden-Clay's face have scarred and have been "partially obscured by beard growth".
He is charged with murder and interfering with a corpse.
June 14, 2012
A government medical officer advises police a shaving cut is "usually a epidermal nick and is not likely to scar given that they don't break the dermis. A non-intimate forensic order is requested to shave the relevant part of Mr Baden-Clay's face, examine and take photograph of the injuries".

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz1z2EXLZR2

I have to wonder if EBC was not disgusted with murder, but is now disgusted with how stupidly he went about it.

I hope one day we get to learn about the bc clan family dynamics.
O, I agree. EBC may just be so overwhelmed. Maybe loss of community standing has hit her the hardest. Or maybe she is now sorry for her garage pash. I reckon she will be first one to breakdown and hopefully tell all. Goodness, she could write a book. We'd all buy it and she could be rich!

I knew of a murderer on trial whose entire family would have nothing to do with him and they moved 2000 km away from him. They were appalled at what he had done.

Quick update re Find My iPhone for anyone interested. If Location Services are off, the Find My iPhone app supposedly doesn't work. If the SIM is removed, same. If battery removed, same. Yet police say ABC's phone was still transmitting the GPS signal. So, GBC's text message to ABC regarding 'app not working' or whatever.....was it bullsquat? Had he only turned the phone OFF, thinking that was all it would take to disable the GPS? That fascinates me. He says the app is not working, but obviously SOMETHING is working, enabling the phone to still ping until the battery dies.

Hopefully I am not repeating something another poster has written but thought I should clarify something about phone tracking

Firstly I think it is important to distinguish between GPS tracking and GSM tracking

GPS transmitting signals come from the phone itself and are very accurate at pinpointing a phone's location. This tracking feature can be turned on or off at the handset for a range of applications such as Facebook for their check-in feature, GPS/Tom Tom and find my iPhone.

If this feature is turned off, the way the police can roughly detect where a phone is located is by working out which GSM cells (i.e.transmitter/receivers within the Telco network) it is connected to. This is done via a triangulating technique. Because mobiles are in motion they are connected to an "active" GSM cell but also have "roaming" cell connections in readiness for cell changeover. Generally phones will connect to the GSM cell with the strongest signal - this is not necessarily the closest GSM cell to the phone. The hot zone would indicate most likely place for that phone to be located but may be in a slightly larger radius if the transmission from it's nearest GSM cell was weaker than from a GSM cell further away.

The tests may have indicated that in the area where the BC home is located the strongest signal comes from the cell that mainly caters for users in the hot zone - hence why they believe the phone may still be located within 150m of the home. Hope this helps

First and foremost I am devastated for the three girls who lost their mother at the hands of presumably their own father.

My thoughts are with Allison's family. I hope they find the strength they need to try and work through this unforgivable crime!

---
Do you all think Allison knew what he was capable of? Of course not! So tell me... How could Toni?

Most people in life like to see the best in people, especially people we love. I am bemused at the fingers that have been pointed at Toni who is a victim here!

She foolishly fell in love with a married man, sadly it happens every day. The heart wants what it wants and sometimes it rules the head.

It frustrates me to read comments like "she shouldn't have 'gone after' a married man" how do know that she was not the one pursued - he was her boss, he had the position of power. Him sleazing on to her seems more plausible given cassinova was juggling a wife and 3 lovers!

It frustrates me that people say she "demanded" that he leave his wife. When? Just because he e-mailed her saying he made her a commitment to leave his wife by a certain date doesn't mean she demanded it - it seems more likely that she was sick of sneaking around and was going him and he encouraged her to keep up the affair promising that he will leave his wife. It's a story been told thousands of times before!

It frustrates me that people comment on her appearance as if the affair would be more acceptable if the photos of her released by the media were more flattering it would some how be ok? She is absolutely beautiful in person.

No one but she knows why she fell in love with a married man - most of make mistakes of the heart but that doesn't mean she had any idea it would end this way.

She is a victim. Her life will never be the same again. She could have been the one who was killed if he could work out away to cash in on her demise!

He is a gutless man fuelled by greed! He preys on people to take advantage of. Toni is just one more on a long list of people who is hurting due to the actions of this spineless snake!

TM is a grown woman, not a naive teenager.
TM knew GBC was married.
I and many women have been sleazed onto by charming married men, and those of us with self esteem and morals reject their advances.

IMO
JMO
MOO

April 21, 2012
Mr Baden-Clay voluntarily attended the Indooroopilly Police Station with his lawyers and voluntarily provided a DNA sample and allowed police to take photos of his body.
Scratches and abrasions on his chest, torso and neck were photographed.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz1z285ldY1

Just a thought...maybe he had both...scratches from Allison which he then tried to disguise by rolling in a caterpillar patch.

OR he fell into a caterpillar nest while stumbling his way around in complete darkness out at Kholo creek.

Whatever he had must have been fairly significant for police to want them photographed.

"""Mr Davis said the marks on his client’s torso were related to a “caterpillar incident” and he had witness statements attesting to that"""

Who are these witnesses??? mum & dad??

Keentoknow would be able to verify the correct procedure for prison visits - it is my understanding that you need to apply to visit the prisoner and there are strict rules surrounding it; i.e. you can't change your mind at the last minute and swap places with another family member in lieu of the person that has applied to visit.

So EBC might not have yet applied to visit her son

Forgive me chipping in here, but if GBC is still only a remand prisoner - he hasn't been tried, or sentenced - wouldn't he have different rights from those serving sentences? Including visitors, etc? Or does the presumption of innocence not extend into the remand section of the prison?

I have no idea, but any info from someone who does know the difference would be great....

Many thanks for the welcome :)

TM is a grown woman, not a naive teenager.
TM knew GBC was married.
I and many women have been sleazed onto by charming married men, and those of us with self esteem and morals reject their advances.

IMO
JMO
MOO

Perhaps having no self esteem and being venerable is her crime then.

Who knows what moment of weakness he caught her on. It's easy to assume and judge... isn't it. Why not have a little bit of compassion for a woman not only being accused of this by some but who also just found out she feel for not just a every day sleaze but a murderer.

If someone you loved killed someone, you are not responsible - you are a victim.

The police affidavit said blood found in the rear of the car was tested and confirmed to be Allison's.

But Mr Davis disputed this, saying police had only filed evidence of a luminol test to the court and not the result showing the blood belonged to Allison.

He said it was "widely speculative and inaccurate".

But Justice Boddice said police had filed a "statement that it is" her blood and that they were not required to present further evidence at this stage of the court process.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...fekiller-gerard-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html

That strikes me odd that an attorney would even say that, like why would the police not test blood, of course they would

---

It frustrates me that people say she "demanded" that he leave his wife. When? Just because he e-mailed her saying he made her a commitment to leave his wife by a certain date doesn't mean she demanded it - it seems more likely that she was sick of sneaking around and was going to put an end to it and he encouraged her to keep up the affair promising that he will leave his wife. It's a story been told thousands of times before!

Welcome - hope you enjoy the forum! My comment below is not intended to offend -just a different point of view.

I have to say I disagree with so much that you have said. But put simply, a woman who has a LONG (supposedly, as reported in MSM) affair with a married man is NOT A VICTIM in my opinion. No excuses, no explanations. There is nothing that has been reported that indicates she does not have the capacity for decision-making and understanding consequences of her actions.

I do think TM would be FEELING like a victim right now, particularly if she is aware of the other reported affairs GBC was having, and it must be very confronting for her to have to face the potential devastation her choices will now have on her family and herself. But sympathy for TM - not by any stretch of the imagination. These situations always make me think of this point - are you upset that you did what you did, or upset that you got caught? Is TM upset that she engaged in the affair with GBC, or upset that she is now caught up in this devastating situation?

Keentoknow would be able to verify the correct procedure for prison visits - it is my understanding that you need to apply to visit the prisoner and there are strict rules surrounding it; i.e. you can't change your mind at the last minute and swap places with another family member in lieu of the person that has applied to visit.

So EBC might not have yet applied to visit her son

No. All visitors must be approved before hand.

http://www.correctiveservices.qld.g.../Local/documents/locprosasvisitors_AGCC.shtml

9.34am: Police allege Mr Baden-Clay searched 'psychiatrists Brisbane West' on his phone.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-badenclay-20120626-210bz.html#ixzz1z2GT39LU

Perhaps, in line with OWs statement that ABC suffered from depression, GBC may have told police that ABC was seeing a psychiatrist. As police were present at 9.34am at ABCs house, then, on being told this, police may have asked who was that person. GBC could have stated that he didn't recall name and searched as above to see if he could recall a name for a psychiatrist. This is all speculation on my part, but I think it highly unlikely that he was searching for one for himself, with police arriving at house only 1 hour beforehand.

Good morning Curious and others :) Thanks for summarizing. That pretty well would identify me to some posters who live locally, but that's no problem. I also have those sub-specialized bits that are mentioned above, and in one of those areas, have been the only one in Australia for many years, until some of my trainees have taken the ball and are running with it, so to speak.

But enough of my qualifications. They only apply to stuff that I post that is relevant to my areas of expertise. For the general comments I may post, my knowledge or skills are not relevant and no different from anyone else's views. Maybe my training makes me think somewhat objectively rather than emotively, though, so apologies if that approach rubs the occasional poster up the wrong way.

:truce:

Hi Doc, My intention was not to "out" you. My apologies. Sincerely.
I was unable to go back and remove it.
I just knew that most posters would go and check your verification, as I did.
That is your title under verification so anyone can see that.
I was just saving people having to look for your verification.

I haven't had must to say to you as yet. I am getting to know you via your posts, it's unfortunate for you that you remind me of others on here that have not rubbed me the right way, but I had not intended to say that.

Anyway, I enjoy each and every post I read,even if I disagree no one can hear my huff at the screen. I would think most long time posters understand me by now.(I do admit I post a lot before I think and tend to be an emotional one)

EBC, may be ill and having treatment, I thought so when I saw pictures of her that look very different to her real estate profile. Someone said she would be thin but I can tell you that is not so. Some people have to have huge amounts of steroid drugs to counter the chemo drugs and they make you appear larger than you are.My sister looked like the Michelin man.
I agree with the person who has described TM and her involvement she may well be a victim and it does look like she is assisting police to make a case against him.

Dr. Watson, you wrote 'And you can't remove the battery from an iPhone - it's built into the phone.'

That is not true. iPhone batteries can be removed.

And yes Global Artichoke, I am the poster who said that iPhones will still ping GPS even when turned properly off. They continue to ping until battery is either flat or removed.

Thanks, Woof. Saved me searching. My technophile hubby claimed it couldn't be true.

---

It frustrates me that people say she "demanded" that he leave his wife. When? Just because he e-mailed her saying he made her a commitment to leave his wife by a certain date doesn't mean she demanded it - it seems more likely that she was sick of sneaking around and was going to put an end to it and he encouraged her to keep up the affair promising that he will leave his wife. It's a story been told thousands of times before!

Welcome to the forum

yes she is somewhat of a victim in this mess as have many people have become unfortunatley, no one close to this is ever going to have their "same" life again, the repurcusions of something like this NEVER go away and they reach far and wide

My issue is that yes, she is the "other woman" a single woman, not married, she has no obligtion to anyone ... GBC on the other hand was obvioulsy a rat with not a whole lot of morals and may have been the pursuer, I have no clue who was.....but it is irrelevant really... if he was the one doing the chasing..... IMO, she could have said No. Sadly, that is a mistake that she is going to pay for for a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time. But I'm sure that she knows all this now

this is the problem with affairs/greed/arrogance......it rarely ends well, a lot of time not this badly for sure.....but there is not too often that a happy outcome is the result IMO

Cleary you have an association with TM, I can read that in your words, If she is a friend then I'm sorry for how you must be feeling at this time, see, nasty stuff affects LOTS of people *sigh*

Many thanks for the welcome :)

Perhaps having no self esteem and being venerable is her crime then.

Who knows what moment of weakness he caught her on. It's easy to assume and judge... isn't it. Why not have a little bit of compassion for a woman not only being accused of this by some but who also just found out she feel for not just a every day sleaze but a murderer.

If someone you loved killed someone, you are not responsible - you are a victim.

As an apparently functioning adult (she has had relationships, a family, and employment), she appears to have had the ability and capacity to seek help for any issues she was having that may have led her to become involved with a married man, or for that matter, engage in any other behaviours a person with 'self esteem' may not have. I personally don't believe it all comes down to self esteem. IMO, this is an excuse given by many people to engage in behaviour otherwise judged to be inappropriate. We don't know if she does in fact regret her relationship with GBC. We don't know if she suffers from self esteem. We don't know if she just purely and simply enjoyed the rush of being involved with a married man.

But I just get a bit frustrated with functioning adults using the 'self esteem' excuse. It applies in some cases, but is not a 'get out of jail free' card. If a person's self esteem is so low that their ability to distinguish between right and wrong is impaired, seek help. That is a choice, just like choosing to be involved with a married man is.

All my opinion.

Gerard Baden-Clay has lost 13 friends on Facebook, including Premier Campbell newman, since being arrested for murder of wife Allison

June 28, 2012 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay has lost 13 friends on his Facebook account since being put behind bars, including Premier Campbell Newman.
However, he still has 372 Facebook friends, including federal Liberal MPs Jane Prentice and Julie Bishop.

A spokeswoman for Mr Newman said the Premier's old Facebook profile, which has not been used since the election campaign ended, was shut down a couple of weeks ago.

"The closure of the profile means Mr Newman no longer has 'Facebook friends'," she said in a statement.

"Instead Mr Newman has a Facebook page, which anyone can like, with requests not requiring approval."

Prisoners cannot access the internet, but many with Facebook accounts get their family or friends to update their profiles.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226410504650

Cannot believe that made the news......oh my...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82